Default Add Rest and Resurrection Shrines to all the Inn's

It is long past time to have these part and parcel of every innkeeper including the Guild ships.

Especially at the PVP Inn's..

also consider there are several bypass locations that you can jump into quest/explorer area's to do a quick shrine... I would still rather have a full proper shrine at every innkeeper.

Even if they had a 1k pp cost interface they would be more useful than standing around the Inn drinking multiple rejuvenation hp/mana pots (these restoratives have not been updated since level 16 cap).
    I find waiting for timers to kick in is an annoying waste of time.. I would rather be my way to actually playing the game with fresh buffs..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 12-17-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Hero

Yes please!

One shrine to me in-game somewhere is more that sufficient. You don't have to prove how awesome I am by putting them in every tavern.

I appreciate the sentiment though

Community Member

Haverdasher.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Really not that big of a deal. There's NPCs at each inn that can cure various ailments at a very low cost. It takes just 1 minute to get back clickies. There's different food types that will regen HP and sp very quickly and are cheap. Really you would save maybe 30 seconds of time or if you sell/repair probably wouldn't save any time. Its kinda the whole purpose of an inn otherwise might as well get rid of them and place shrines with a vendor around the game.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Really not that big of a deal.
    <snip>
    It takes just 1 minute to get back clickies.
    1 minute only gets back the "per day" amount. It does not get you back all your items at full charges.

That's the real annoyance, standing around for 4 minutes to get back all your charges.
    Last edited by SirValentine; 12-18-2013 at 07:47 AM.

People die in quests???
    oh you mean pvp, people stil care about that?
    was the expansion sobad it drove people to play pvp?
    Eek Gads turbine! go create some real content fast!

At least Res shrines would be nice for the rare situations of reoccuring self killing.
    Bar keepers are already working like rest shrines, just slower. Wouldn't mind to see some though.
    Maybe some restrooms like the ones in partycrashers
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    1 minute only gets back the "per day" amount. It does not get you back all your items at full charges.

That's the real annoyance, standing around for 4 minutes to get back all your charges.
    You must be talking about ioun stones. That's the only clicky I can think of that doesn't fully recharge after a rest. You would still have to reshrine each time to get them all back regardless.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Hero

You must be talking about ioun stones. That's the only clicky I can think of that doesn't fully recharge after a rest. You would still have to reshrine each time to get them all back regardless.
    Jeweled cloak as well.

It's also the fact that it can take 2 min a while to restore 4k+ Sp in some casters. Now I know I just invited a ton of people who are going to say "2 minutes! OMG get over yourself!" But 2 minutes sitting there doing nothing can and does feel like a long time. Especially if there are people waiting for you to arrive at the quest. One of the first lessons I learned when I got my first job as a server in a restaurant many, many years ago was just sit there and wait a minute and see how long it feels. The point was to prove that you should always acknowledge people as soon as they arrive because even a minute can feel like eternity when just sitting there.

No it's not a huge issue. But it's not hard to throw a shrine in the taverns. It's a nice convenience in a time in the game where convenience is rare and/or only purchasable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    It is long past time to have these part and parcel of every innkeeper including the Guild ships.

Especially at the PVP Inn's..

also consider there are several bypass locations that you can jump into quest/explorer area's to do a quick shrine... I would still rather have a full proper shrine at every innkeeper.

Even if they had a 1k pp cost interface they would be more useful than standing around the Inn drinking multiple rejuvenation hp/mana pots (these restoratives have not been updated since level 16 cap).
    I find waiting for timers to kick in is an annoying waste of time.. I would rather be my way to actually playing the game with fresh buffs..
    All you have to do is stand by the bartender for 1min. Same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Jeweled cloak as well.

It's also the fact that it can take 2 min a while to restore 4k+ Sp in some casters. Now I know I just invited a ton of people who are going to say "2 minutes! OMG get over yourself!" But 2 minutes sitting there doing nothing can and does feel like a long time. Especially if there are people waiting for you to arrive at the quest. One of the first lessons I learned when I got my first job as a server in a restaurant many, many years ago was just sit there and wait a minute and see how long it feels. The point was to prove that you should always acknowledge people as soon as they arrive because even a minute can feel like eternity when just sitting there.

No it's not a huge issue. But it's not hard to throw a shrine in the taverns. It's a nice convenience in a time in the game where convenience is rare and/or only purchasable.
    A shrine in taverns would totally invalidate what they do for you such as buying the cheap foods and drinks to replenish HP and sp not to mention the immersion aspect of it.

Shrines in taverns would mainly benefit those that PvP and those who do slayers. I don't come across hardly any group that wants to immediately jump into a quest after the group wipes and releases from a quest.
    Gary Gygax quotes

A shrine in taverns would totally invalidate what they do for you such as buying the cheap foods and drinks to replenish HP and sp not to mention the immersion aspect of it.

Shrines in taverns would mainly benefit those that PvP and those who do slayers. I don't come across hardly any group that wants to immediately jump into a quest after the group wipes and releases from a quest.
    It wouldn't totally invalidate them , they still buy my junk and gems and repair my stuff.

I would even be fine with a innkeeper purchasable public use/inn use only personal rest shrine effect for 1k plat...

I just want a faster rest and go option available at every innkeeper/guild ship.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

What they need to add is more food and drink:

1000 HP over 2 minutes (100 plat)
    2000 HP over 1 minute (1000 plat)
    3000 SP over 3 minutes (100 plat)
    4000 SP over 2 minutes (1000 plat)
    5000 SP over 1 minute (2500 plat)

Hero

90% of all Taverns aren't even used or visited. They kinda invalidated them with airships. Turbine sailed the immersion aspect long ago themselves (As teleporting anyone?).

But I am all for compromises. Jot made a good one, add a purchasable item that allows a much faster/instant recovery. Make it expensive for all I care. Also may add rest shrine for guild airships that immediately resets all clickies, absorption clickies and death penalties. I'm at the point now where I would like to spend more time questing and less time standing around wasting time.

2014 DDO Players Council

You must be talking about ioun stones. That's the only clicky I can think of that doesn't fully recharge after a rest.
    There's LOTS of them:

Twisted Talisman
    Epic Twisted Talisman
    Melt Wood Staff
    Staff of Arcane Power
    Epic Staff of Arcane Power
    Elocator's Habiliment
    Battle Coin
    Epic Hammer of Life
    Gloves of the Titan's Grip

Not exactly clickies, but charged items with the same issue:

Pale Lavender Ioun Stone
    Jeweled Cloak
    Mantle of the Worldshaper
    Epic Phiarlan Mirror Cloak
    Epic Bow of the Elements (Air)
    Renard's Elegant Hat

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    90% of all Taverns aren't even used or visited. They kinda invalidated them with airships. Turbine sailed the immersion aspect long ago themselves (As teleporting anyone?).

But I am all for compromises. Jot made a good one, add a purchasable item that allows a much faster/instant recovery. Make it expensive for all I care. Also may add rest shrine for guild airships that immediately resets all clickies, absorption clickies and death penalties. I'm at the point now where I would like to spend more time questing and less time standing around wasting time.
    So the suggestion would be for the barkeeps on the ships? Because barkeeps and taverns work the same.

Taverns are still visited but it is easier to just go to your ship with everything conveniently right there. Pvpers still frequent the PvP taverns. The harbor and Korthos taverns are usually busy. The ones like in Ataraxia and Amrath usually are pretty quiet.

I'm opposed to having shrines in taverns, but I'm not opposed to clickies and items with charges regenning to full after 1 minute. I don't know why you do have to wait for charges to regen to full for more than 1 minute. This is something I consider at the very bottom of a to-do list.
    Gary Gygax quotes