Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    Ran epic hard Snitch yesterday and got comms, ran epic norm today and didn't. I shouldn't have any sort of ransack should I?
    You probably didn't wait long enough and ran it before the timer expired.

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    Ran epic hard Snitch yesterday and got comms, ran epic norm today and didn't. I shouldn't have any sort of ransack should I?
    Type /ransack to see your ransack list if in doubt.

If there are no comms in your end reward list and /ransack shows you only have 20% then there was no ransack penalty and you should have received your comms.

Checking /ransack before you do the quests is the way forward if you're interested in comms.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wizza View Post
    Will the change be retroactive? I have 4 wheloon end rewards ready.
    You willing to wait 2-3 months? (I honestly want to say 6 months though)

We have been investigating reports that some Epic Elite quests have not been offering Commendations of Valor in their end reward lists, and have identified that the much-higher-than-usual rate of return for Epic Elite quests only is causing some issues. Therefore, we have lowered the bonus rate of return for Epic Elite quests only in order to prevent this issue from happening in all but one quest.* What this means is that Epic Elite quests will continue to drop higher numbers of Commendations of Valor than normal, but will not technically be dropping twice as many. Thanks!

* Commendations of Valor are still not being offered in end reward lists when completing Brothers of the Forge on Epic Elite.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    You probably didn't wait long enough and ran it before the timer expired.
    ...and I'll also suggest this: don't forget that there are three 'ransack' timers...
    > The Weekly chest repetition timer (~7 times opening the same chest for named items; ~10 times for all items)
    > The Daily XP quest repeat timer
    > The Daily Commendations of Valor repeat timer.

My specific knowledge about this last one is still limited: I don't know if it's 24 hours based on the Midnight GMT timer used for challenge tokens, 24 hours based on quest completion time, or something else. Being a casual farmer of Comms, I have only about 500 of them anyway. I can say that on a repeat run of Epic Tor one night, I avoided the end reward giant all together and came back the next evening to claim that reward... didn't work: no Commendations of Valor, so that part is definitely based on quest completion time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    What this means is that Epic Elite quests will continue to drop higher numbers of Commendations of Valor than normal, but will not technically be dropping twice as many. Thanks!
    Ah - that explains the funky math happening in some cases, then.

We have been investigating reports that some Epic Elite quests have not been offering Commendations of Valor in their end reward lists, and have identified that the much-higher-than-usual rate of return for Epic Elite quests only is causing some issues. Therefore, we have lowered the bonus rate of return for Epic Elite quests only in order to prevent this issue from happening in all but one quest.* What this means is that Epic Elite quests will continue to drop higher numbers of Commendations of Valor than normal, but will not technically be dropping twice as many. Thanks!

* Commendations of Valor are still not being offered in end reward lists when completing Brothers of the Forge on Epic Elite.

Community Member

Therefore, we have lowered the bonus rate of return for Epic Elite quests only in order to prevent this issue from happening in all but one quest.* What this means is that Epic Elite quests will continue to drop higher numbers of Commendations of Valor than normal, but will not technically be dropping twice as many. Thanks!
    Fantastic.
    If this is an attempt at data gathering on the comms-per-heart numbers, I hope someone's noted the mastery of arithmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Fonzie jumping the shark... the day I stopped watching Happy Days...

(But I continued to watch Dukes of Hazard and Love Boat/Fantasy Island, I'm embarrased to say)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Ran EE rusted last night and got 70 coms.
    There is a bug that we are looking into where Commendations of Valor are not appearing in the end reward lists for any of the Wheloon or Stormhorns story arc quests when run on Epic Elite. They should appear when running on Epic Normal and Epic Hard. Commendations of Valor are also not appearing in the end reward lists for Brothers of the Forge and A Study in Sable. We will be adding this bug to the Known Issues list shortly.

If you encounter another Epic quest where you are not getting Commendations of Valor, and are 100% sure that you do not have any Quest XP Ransack, and are running it on Epic Normal or above, please let us know about it. You can submit a bug report by visiting ddobugs.turbine.com.
    What this means is that Epic Elite quests will continue to drop higher numbers of Commendations of Valor than normal, but will not technically be dropping twice as many. Thanks!

Great just ran EE rusted and got 56 instead of 70 this time, sucky fix I must say!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    Insulting the development team is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jendrak
    Somebody should definitely explain to Turbine that when they roll up a new GM that INT is not dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by alancarp View Post
    ...and I'll also suggest this: don't forget that there are three 'ransack' timers...
    > The Weekly chest repetition timer (~7 times opening the same chest for named items; ~10 times for all items)
    > The Daily XP quest repeat timer
    > The Daily Commendations of Valor repeat timer.

My specific knowledge about this last one is still limited: I don't know if it's 24 hours based on the Midnight GMT timer used for challenge tokens, 24 hours based on quest completion time, or something else. Being a casual farmer of Comms, I have only about 500 of them anyway. I can say that on a repeat run of Epic Tor one night, I avoided the end reward giant all together and came back the next evening to claim that reward... didn't work: no Commendations of Valor, so that part is definitely based on quest completion time.
    type /ransack

Quests with an XP ransack will be listed

CoV is set to be in the rewards list if a quest has 0 XP ransack

Basilcly if a quest is not listed in /ransack then you should get CoV

the Quest ransack timer is suppose to reset by 50% every 18 hours.

at least that's how things should be working.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkofDrasnia View Post
    Great just ran EE rusted and got 56 instead of 70 this time, sucky fix I must say!
    Just do eh quests.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234