Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Just sell your gold coins to useful idiots... sorry, I mean players... that like the lottery ticket aspect.

Keep the silvers, IIRC they still give Toven cookies which are legitimately useful and Taken cookies which are hilarious.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    Could you please tell me how spending time turning in gold coins with the promise that you might get something as exciting as a pop x is good for anyone? How is that better than running ANY quest where you get more xp and more valuable loot? How is that better than just selling the gold coin at an inflated price to someone who thinks they'll get lucky and get something useful?

Just because it's an add on doesn't make it valuable or worth any gaming time.
    because this is supposed to be a fun event and you do get something out of it. the rewards are not valuable to you, just like they aren't valuable to me. I don't need any of those rewards and that includes the cookies. what I do get out of it and what others who don't want/need the rewards can get out of it is making some plat or use the coins/cookies to trade for something you do want. if not and you aren't having fun with the event you can choose not to participate and give away the coins or just don't loot them.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Just sell your gold coins to useful idiots... sorry, I mean players... that like the lottery ticket aspect.

Keep the silvers, IIRC they still give Toven cookies which are legitimately useful and Taken cookies which are hilarious.
    Silver is the new gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    lol you said new players buy something because its shiny. yeah just because they are new doesn't mean they don't know how to read the description, check wiki, egads! ask the forums, ask a friend, etc.

laugh all you want that I am able to sell POP Xs for 50k plat all the time. if people are buying it on the AH, than there is a demand for it. I never said it was a big demand either. do you know how to play the market?
    So you're just ripping off new folks. Got it.
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

2016 DDO Players Council Qhualor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So you're just ripping off new folks. Got it.
    it wouldn't be called the forums if it weren't for posts like this one.

nice rebuttal.
    Gary Gygax quotes

The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience.

There is no winning or losing, but rather the value is in the experience of imagining yourself as a character in whatever genre you are involved in, whether its a fantasy game, the Wild West, secret agents or whatever else. You get to sort of vicariously experience those things.

Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, its not a game.

When AI approximates Machine Intelligence, than many online and computer run RPGs will move toward actual RPG activity. Nonetheless, that will not replace the experience of "being there" anymore than seeing a theatrical motion picture can replace the stage play.

The secret we should never let the game masters know is that they don't need any rules.

Community Member

nice rebuttal.
    Denial is a river in Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So, I received a +1 Strength tome, green steel blank, sunblade, and a pearl of power 10. Can you guys make these anymore mundane and out of date? Throw some hearts or comms in there or something.
    it it makes u feel better I turned in 450 copper 104 silver and 21 gold coins and didn't get anything special from the golds or silvers just coal flasks and twigs so least u got something
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

nice rebuttal.
    I just shaved away all the nonsense you wrote, and left the core. I agree, it does seem a bit lackluster.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    People play bards, too. Whatever floats your boat.
    You know the OP has a UBER DPS bard in his sig...

And exactly... whatever floats my boat.... or the 95% of casual player boats... The game isn't designed with just YOUR boat in mind.

I'm glad you finally get the game isn't just about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Oh, that's way outdated, I should change that. He isn't a completionist. Only completionists can be uber, right? Maybe I'll make a third some day...
    YouTube Channel HERE

Just finished turning 115 Gold Coins :

113 x Various Cookies of assorted flavor
    1 x Greensteel Greataxe
    1 x Dwarven Thrower
    Follow me if I advance. Kill me if I retreat. Avenge me if I die.

Quote Originally Posted by Grecan View Post

What is that $15 gift you're talking about in DDO terms? I'd like to know, i'm really curious.
    A subscription, though really, it should have been $9, as I doubt many people subscribe one month at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Translation: gimme, gimme, gimme!!!

The festival is a fun addition to the game. No one purchased anything extra so that they could have the festival. It basically comes gratis.

And if my family, friends, and associates gave me a mug every year, I’d accept it graciously regardless of what I gave them. That’s because it is a “gift.” If I gave them something, I did it under no obligation, and therefore they are under no obligation to provide me anything in return. That is called being “gracious.”

I really have no idea where you were going with this post, but man you sure crapped the bed with what you wrote.
    No, it is not gratis. This isn't a hotel where you're paying for a particular service and anything else is a bonus. The expectation when paying for an ongoing game is for things to be ongoing. You could apply your words to each and every content release that doesn't cost VIPs more money, and would be just as wrong.

I suppose, better than the mug analogy, if would be akin to someone going and spending a chunk of change feeding coins into one of those gumball machines that dispenses little trinkets, then giving you all of them. In this case, the only really worthwhile (and most likely) returns from the Jester require you to spend real money (on a Cookie Jar) if you don't want to clutter up your entire inventory.

You can be gracious when receiving an unwanted gift, but that doesn't mean you want it, or are happy about it. Being gracious with friends and family isn't the same thing as being gracious with a business from whom you're purchasing a service and not quite receiving that service.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    A subscription, though really, it should have been $9, as I doubt many people subscribe one month at a time.

No, it is not gratis. This isn't a hotel where you're paying for a particular service and anything else is a bonus. The expectation when paying for an ongoing game is for things to be ongoing. You could apply your words to each and every content release that doesn't cost VIPs more money, and would be just as wrong.

I suppose, better than the mug analogy, if would be akin to someone going and spending a chunk of change feeding coins into one of those gumball machines that dispenses little trinkets, then giving you all of them. In this case, the only really worthwhile (and most likely) returns from the Jester require you to spend real money (on a Cookie Jar) if you don't want to clutter up your entire inventory.

You can be gracious when receiving an unwanted gift, but that doesn't mean you want it, or are happy about it. Being gracious with friends and family isn't the same thing as being gracious with a business from whom you're purchasing a service and not quite receiving that service.
    Exactly this.

People conflate value and emotion. I can enjoy totally valueless things, like running around and throwing a masterwork throwing axe. This does not, by virtue of its occurrence, mean that the masterwork throwing axe is therefore valuable. To tie this in..

The Jester loot, thus far, has been trash. Period.
    YouTube Channel HERE

Community Member

And exactly... whatever floats my boat.... or the 95% of casual player boats... The game isn't designed with just YOUR boat in mind.

I'm glad you finally get the game isn't just about you.
    I get that you don't understand what 95% means.

You are the master of your own destiny.

If you don't like protecting Coyle then don't run Threnal.

If you don't like the coin rewards and you waste your valuable time just turning them in, then don't do it.

Some of you are right this very moment I am writing this clicking at the Jester, furiously, just for more evidence that the loot sucks and you are unhappy. You continue to make yourself unhappy knowing full well what the result would be.

Make your bed out of POP X's and cookies, then lie in it, good people. But for me a bed with cookie crumbs in it does not make for good sleep.
    Last edited by macros123; 12-17-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    Martell

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by macros123 View Post
    You are the master of your own destiny.

If you don't like protecting Coyle then don't run Threnal.

If you don't like the coin rewards and you waste your valuable time just turning them in, then don't do it.

Some of you are right this very moment I am writing this clicking at the Jester, furiously, just for more evidence that the loot sucks and you are unhappy. You continue to make yourself unhappy knowing full well what the result would be.

Make your bed out of POP X's and cookies, then lie in it, good people. But for me a bed with cookie crumbs in it does not make for good sleep.
    Shhh...the tears...they are delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

Well this is just sad...

Why are there coin turn in items that are BTC ? ...

Trinkets are BTC... now I have 4 BTC trinkets on a toon that has no use for them... oops... delete delete delete delete... problem solved...
    Last edited by JOTMON; 12-18-2013 at 08:42 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Everyone.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    It may be the Christmas season speaking, but for once I agree with you. Sure the cookies may be lame, but we are not forced to use them and we are not forced to but the cookie jars either.

/trade

I have a ton of every cookie on Thelanis. Look me up and I will trade any cookie one for one for blade barrier cookies. They will be valuable when/if they fix the ed exploit.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

*stopped at page 4*

Wow. And I thought *I* got grumpy at holiday time.

I wanna dual-wield Sun Flasks. ...and then /Dance with em!
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

So...

The tome rewards have always been exceedingly rare. It wasn't that long ago that there would be a lucky guy or gal from one of the servers auctioning off an unbound high rated one. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if there were +5's in the turn ins. But with a drop rate akin to total lunar eclipse on odd Tuesdays.

More data reporting please.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast