Default Exalted Angel Ascendance

The tooltip of this ability (in game but not in wiki) say that on unarmed attack you deal light damage, but it's just not working. No light damage at all. Tested on my monk while earning karma on Exalted Angel.

From U15 Patch 2 Release notes:
    Exalted Angel: Ascendance now does what it says, and also says what it already did and still does. You still gain temporary HP sometimes when you smite things, you are an Angel Outsider, your character's health doesn't matter for Astral Vibrance or Angelic Prescence, and Astral Vibrance still doesn't cost SP while you are an Angel. Now you also properly sometimes grant temporary HP when casting healing spells on allies, and sometimes gain temporary SP when casting light spells on enemies. The text also now tells you what it was already secretly doing, which is that you deal extra light damage on vorpal hits, and even more light damage on critical hits against undead, and your unarmed attacks deal light damage instead of bludgeon. The end.

From my peronal experience it does excactly that. It deals about 700ish light damage on vorpal hits.
    Against undead it deals about 900 light damage on every crit (assuming light vulnerability like the black abbot).

I never tested it with wraps though, wouldn't be the first thing that doesn't work for handwraps...

How did you test exactly? The number might be sometimes hard to catch. Did you make sure you had vorpal hits (rolled a 20)?
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

I wonder if other DR bypass breaks the light damage like on Celestia? Did you have DR breaking wraps on? It would be pretty dumb if monk innate lawful/adamantine broke the light damage. Dumb, but not unbelievable. Does monk innate break Celestia or is it only when slotting an augment?
    I am the natural one.
    "When life gives you excrement, make Excrement Golems."
    Disclaimer: My greenies come from comedy. I should not be confused with those who are knowledgeable and helpful.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    From U15 Patch 2 Release notes:
    Exalted Angel: Ascendance now does what it says, and also says what it already did and still does. You still gain temporary HP sometimes when you smite things, you are an Angel Outsider, your character's health doesn't matter for Astral Vibrance or Angelic Prescence, and Astral Vibrance still doesn't cost SP while you are an Angel. Now you also properly sometimes grant temporary HP when casting healing spells on allies, and sometimes gain temporary SP when casting light spells on enemies. The text also now tells you what it was already secretly doing, which is that you deal extra light damage on vorpal hits, and even more light damage on critical hits against undead, and your unarmed attacks deal light damage instead of bludgeon. The end.

From my peronal experience it does excactly that. It deals about 700ish light damage on vorpal hits.
    Against undead it deals about 900 light damage on every crit (assuming light vulnerability like the black abbot).

I never tested it with wraps though, wouldn't be the first thing that doesn't work for handwraps...

How did you test exactly? The number might be sometimes hard to catch. Did you make sure you had vorpal hits (rolled a 20)?
    Interesting.

I've been doing the epic tr thing on my pure 20 monk, and each time I tr I've picked an epic destiny in the reset sphere and played it all the way to level 28. I currently reset my divine sphere and have been playing exalted angel.

Honestly, it's a little exasperating how little there is to like about this destiny for melee toons. One thing that seems potentially useful is the whole ascendance thing, and the epic moment transformation which is in some ways similar. Astral vibrance is kind of useless on a 400 sp toon as it doesn't last long and therefore build to anything really significant. However, according to the ascendance description (as you indicated), there is supposed to be no sp lost when you use it. This wasn't the case last night - I was definitely losing sp when I activated ascendance then activated astral vibrance, making one of the only potential bright spots in this destiny almost useless.

As for the epic moment transformation, this is also useless. I ran "End of the Road" and did the unthinkable of wasting time killing all the mobs along the way which is the slow/unfavorable way to run the quest. I was using the searing light type sla to charge the moment as much as possible. I got to the end boss and still had only about 50 charges when you need 100. This is stupid. Even if I had enough charges, I would pretty much be out of sp (only 400 sp on my melee) and using the shrine reset the counter! Now a FvS running as a almost pure melee might have significant sp left at the end of such a quest, but who actually plays such a toon (and not in dreadnought)?

Honestly, this is ridiculous. Hopefully the players council can review this destiny and make some changes. Each destiny should have some playability by every type of class/approach. I'm not saying that all destinies have to be equally powerful, but no destiny should be as useless as this one.

Could someone clarify whether Ascendance / Astral Vibrance combo is working as described (ie no sp drain). If it seems to be, then please consider this my bug report as it was definitely draining my sp last night. (I'd use the bug reporting tool but it wasn't available as per usual).

In case any of the devs missed it, let me restate: Astral Vibrance cost me sp when I had Ascendence activated (ie when I was in Angelic form).
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Interesting.

As for the epic moment transformation, this is also useless. I ran "End of the Road" and did the unthinkable of wasting time killing all the mobs along the way which is the slow/unfavorable way to run the quest. I was using the searing light type sla to charge the moment as much as possible. I got to the end boss and still had only about 50 charges when you need 100. This is stupid. Even if I had enough charges, I would pretty much be out of sp (only 400 sp on my melee) and using the shrine reset the counter! Now a FvS running as a almost pure melee might have significant sp left at the end of such a quest, but who actually plays such a toon (and not in dreadnought)?
    First off, I've only been back to the game for about a week after a 1-2 year hiatus--but on my pure Caster Cleric, I have the opposite problem: the stacks build so fast I don't even realize I have Reborn available by the time I shrine. It's certainly not useless, but it's hard to get the timing right.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinB View Post
    Honestly, this is ridiculous. Hopefully the players council can review this destiny and make some changes. Each destiny should have some playability by every type of class/approach. I'm not saying that all destinies have to be equally powerful, but no destiny should be as useless as this one.

Could someone clarify whether Ascendance / Astral Vibrance combo is working as described (ie no sp drain). If it seems to be, then please consider this my bug report as it was definitely draining my sp last night. (I'd use the bug reporting tool but it wasn't available as per usual).

In case any of the devs missed it, let me restate: Astral Vibrance cost me sp when I had Ascendence activated (ie when I was in Angelic form).

I can confirm that Astral Vibrance has no SP-cost while Ascendance is activated.
    (Combat): ********** was healed by you for 5,033 points.

Astral Vibrance didn't drain SP for me while in angel form.
    But honestly I never turn it on in the first place and when using reborn in light I usually turn it off immeadiatly, so I don't forget it when the stance goes away.

I only use this destiny twice a week honestly - that's when we run abbot.
    For everything else it's very underwhelming on a melee (it is semi nice in wizard king when you want to get some karma xp in divine sphere).

For abbot:
    1. Wings - helps in tiles.
    2. Ascendance - awesome DPS against the abbot (about 800 average extra damage on every crit.)
    3. Reborn in Light - can save you from a party wipe when everything went wrong (you can charge it by spamming heal spells in town before stepping into the raid )
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos