Community Member

Default One build to rule them

One build to rule them all.

Speaking about moncher, of cause.
    It is unhealthy for game to have one build which is best and other builds are just meh (in comparision).

Maybe make other builds also viable by buffing them to moncher level?
    Or maybe change some mobs, like add shield-blocking (as in other games) where some tank mobs can deflect arrows.

I know that some players will complain when easy-button is removed, but good players will play other builds good, and bad ones can learn to play and only way they can learn to play is removing said easy-button.

/discuss
    Last edited by Kir1; 12-17-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post

It is unhealthy for game to have one build which is best and other builds are just meh (in comparision).

Or maybe change some mobs, like add shield-blocking (as in other games) where some tank mobs can deflect arrows.

I know that some players will complain when easy-button is removed, but good players will play other builds good, and bad ones can learn to play and only way they can learn to play is removing said easy-button.

/discuss
    Seasons come and go, so does the fashion that comes with them. Todays moncher is yesterdays monster/expoiter/batman/ect, ect.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emizand View Post
    Seasons come and go, so does the fashion that comes with them. Todays moncher is yesterdays monster/expoiter/batman/ect, ect.
    they need to nerf the master or rock crit multiplier imho. its just such a huge design flaw that the defensive stance is the best offensive stance at the same time. it makes no sense. monkchers would be well off in air stance.

with kiting monkchers in group all i do as a melee is to run after the mobs and i feel stupid because it is.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by C-Shell View Post
    they need to nerf the master or rock crit multiplier imho. its just such a huge design flaw that the defensive stance is the best offensive stance at the same time. it makes no sense. monkchers would be well off in air stance.

with kiting monkchers in group all i do as a melee is to run after the mobs and i feel stupid because it is.
    I remember when rangers wouldn't be allowed in groups in case they were ranged rangers and would kite. I guess its ok for monchers though... O.o

Get a Kormor's Belt.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Its sick that there are 4 monk stances, and only one can be improved with enhancements.

Back to topic, if they nerf monchers, they will be abandomed and new OP builds will arise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Random Person #2 View Post
    People who exploit bugs in code are cheaters cheaters cheaters. And they are big fat ****yheads too.

/discuss
    Meh, monchers are update 14s flavor of the month. Now its blitzing bladeforged centered kensai, also in earth stance.

Monchers will be the tops till the next one comes along.
    They're a fad, and in a little while they'll mostly move on to the newest Pet Rock build. Been this way since launch and the Batman builds.

Agreed.. Both my characters with monk levels remain in earth stance all the time... They should remove the crit multiplier and add it to sun stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Agreed.. Both my characters with monk levels remain in earth stance all the time... They should remove the crit multiplier and add it to sun stance.
    I like this idea, because then everyone would run in sun stance, and wear the Jidz-Tet'ka, and boast that higher heal amp IS the best defense, and higher crit multiplier on a 19-20 IS the best offense.

Meanwhile air stance 10% double strike is actually higher dps, and you don't NEED to be in earth stance with all the other forms of PRR.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I remember when rangers wouldn't be allowed in groups in case they were ranged rangers and would kite. I guess its ok for monchers though... O.o
    Indeed. I don't like running with monchers. I don't use ranged toons and can't stand chasing monsters who are chasing monchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    Meh, monchers are update 14s flavor of the month. Now its blitzing bladeforged centered kensai, also in earth stance.
    Hey now, let the monkchers take the heat... =D
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

If the monkcher is being chased they are doing it wrong. The level of power they have when built right should be taking mobs down before it becomes a kiting issue.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Ive been advocating this for a while. When we agree Turbine should just see it as ironclad law and make it happen.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnbeimnech View Post
    I like this idea, because then everyone would run in sun stance, and wear the Jidz-Tet'ka, and boast that higher heal amp IS the best defense, and higher crit multiplier on a 19-20 IS the best offense.

Meanwhile air stance 10% double strike is actually higher dps, and you don't NEED to be in earth stance with all the other forms of PRR.
    Im fine with that. Another old epic item would see some new life.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Hey now, let the monkchers take the heat... =D
    You got a few months before every melee is Bladeforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    You got a few months before every melee is Bladeforged.
    A few months? Have you logged on lately? lol
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

So sad, ranger ranges, gets grief for killing too slow, monkcher ranges and gets grief for killing too fast.

Some people don't think anything should be harmed except by hitting it with a pointy stick.

Community Member

/discuss
    Let's not forget shiradi casters. If we want a nerf Flavour Of The Month builds you definitely want to nerf shiradi wiz sorcs with angel of vengeance splash. They have awesome dps, saves, cc and infinite mana pool thanks to just reward.
    All the other builds compared to them are just trash

As stated already by others people, something should be done for bladeforged OP.
    Communion of scribing of bladeforged is so much better than the reconstruct spell. Right now a bladeforged fighter or ranger for example can reconstruct himself without being interrupted, using almost half the spell points (25) a warforged wizard or artificier pay for a quickened reconstruct (45)
    Yeela - Favored Soul Healer and Nuker
    Xylah - Pally Arcane Archer
    Redsonjah - Barbarian DPS

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    A few months? Have you logged on lately? lol
    The rise of the machines has started . . . I'm still resisting the temptation myself . . . this whole double coms thingy will keep me out of sub-epic content for the rest of the year though.