Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Default Hunting Cordovan Through Undermine

As part of Cordovan's Movember Fundraising, I was fortunate enough to win an opportuntiy to smack Cordovan about the head in a PVP pit. I thought about this at length and decided that unless Jerry could take 22k damage to the face and bounce back, then the fight would be very brief and a little bit one-sided.

So I suggested a slightly different option, one that would give our esteemed Community Relations Representative a sporting chance to not only defend himself, but cause some mischief in the process. The plan is simple: We get a hunting party together and we hunt him through the depths of Undermine, the sound of hissing fuses providing a nice harmony to the exploding rocks and the silence of soulstones too slow to avoid them.

The date was set for Friday 13th. An auspicious date for sure. The party was assembled from some of Ghallanda's more expereinced end game players to ensure that we could steamroll all over the unfortunate Turbiner. Well, that was the theory. What we maybe didn't count on was that he would come prepared and he knew what he was doing. As the collective disbelief dawned, we had to quickly reformulate the plan, get our act together and the hunt was on.

Here you can see Cordovan dragged before the Coin Lords before the hunt began, accompanied by some trustworthy guards who are completely uncorruptable. Honest.

What Jerry didn't realise is that we also had a Teamspeak session running at the same time, so while he could hear us in party chat, he couldn't hear us in Teamspeak. So he'll be hearing this for the first time There is some colourful language along the way from us, so if you're offended by that then don't bother clicking the link, or watch it muted.

You can watch the video of the hunt here

Without any spoilers, I'm happy to say that every single one of us died, notably to friendly fire, so while we did manage to tip the odds in our favour, it most certainly wasn't the one-sided outcome we had predicted

As we all passed out our thanks for the bit of good fun and got ready to leave, Jerry then asked us if we had time for another run, but this time just a pure free-for-all race to the end. Everyone a potential target. Lemme think .... yip .... total no-brainer

You can watch the video of the race here

A bit more chaotic. The winner received a unique forum title which was totally unexpected but greatly appreciated.

Excellent fun and all for a good cause. A massive thanks again to Jerry for being such a great sport.

Community Member

How did this work? Was it basically PVP in a dungeon?

Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    How did this work? Was it basically PVP in a dungeon?
    Basically using the quest mechanics to maximise the friendly fire opportunities. A bit of concerted teamwork from the hunters and a bit of creative bomb dodging from the huntee. The video should make it pretty clear what's going on.

Just wanted to say that I thought this was really fun. I plan to bring the concept back to my home teams for some weekend madness. Thanks for posting the video!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Very amusing
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Had a bunch of fun during this. Thanks again to Cordovan, you were quite the evasive target at times. Here's my proud moment: http://youtu.be/6hFLSLt1IEM

Default Fun times

Nice video Quij and thankyou for inviting me. Also thanks to Cordovan for being such a good sport.

Community Member

Default Great idea this run, and congatulations on the Under Title!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Nice video Quij and thankyou for inviting me. Also thanks to Cordovan for being such a good sport.
    I love the Ünder-ness of your forum title!

Great idea from Deadlock and lovely to see how you guys together with Cordovan made this one to remember in DDO lore :-)