Community Member

Default Build request and viability discussion

Hello expert builders. I'm looking to make a CC Bard for EE quests.

This would be a 36 build with 2 Wizard PLs. I have eaten a +4 Supreme Tome.

I was thinking Elf Arcane Archer Pure bard using a blend of Fascinate, and spell CC while supporting the group with backup heals (scrolls?)

I'd love to see what the building experts could suggest cuz.. I don't have a clue =)

Cheers..

Ty.

Community Member

I wouldn't settle for 'back up' healing. Chuck in quicken and Empower Healing and you can be the dedicated healer.

My bard has always been single life, and effective, including in EE as a CCer/Healer, but I decided to do and get out of the way some pastlives recently.

This is what my bard will be once she has finished her past lives (3 x wizzy 1 x bard). Note, she isn't for everyone; she can CC or Heal, and that's it. If the party doesn't need either of those roles, I grab another bard.

Note, I would switch between DC feats and spell pen feats depending on what I feel the content needs. Currently I would be DC focused.

Drow 20 Bard

Cha: 20 + levels ups
    Con: 16

Feats (in no particular order)
    1) Pastlife Wizzy
    3) Pastlife Bard
    6) Spell Focus
    9) Spell Focus
    12) Quicken
    15) Heighten
    18) Empower Healing
    21) Inspire Excellence
    24) Epic Spell Focus
    26) Lasting Inspiration
    27) Spell Penetration
    28) Positive Spell Power

Enhancements:
    Grabbing charisma and enchantment DC from Drow
    Tier 5 Spellsinger goodies
    Charisma and positive spell power from Warchanter

I offer you my build (different than what you want) to show a CC and Heal focused bard - I'm not sure how you could fit archery in without sacrificing most of its effectiveness.

Hope it helps.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Exclamation Rebuild my "bow-barian" with new enhancment system

So, I logged back on after a year off only to find my Lvl 20 Drow Barbarian/Arcane Archer's enhancments were "reset." She was a great build and I loved playing her. Now I don't know which enhancements to choose to get her back to normal. Plus I noticed, you need 5 levels of ranger to imbue slaying arrows!?? Is that right? I have 16 lvls Barbarian 3 Ranger and 1 lvl Wizard. I got this build from SigTrent forum. Help!
    Bif-Lhazaar, Level 14 Cleric, "You squeal, I heal....."
    Misskickazz, Level 20 "Bow-barian"
    Bankofthedragon.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post
    I wouldn't settle for 'back up' healing. Chuck in quicken and Empower Healing and you can be the dedicated healer.

My bard has always been single life, and effective, including in EE as a CCer/Healer, but I decided to do and get out of the way some pastlives recently.

This is what my bard will be once she has finished her past lives (3 x wizzy 1 x bard). Note, she isn't for everyone; she can CC or Heal, and that's it. If the party doesn't need either of those roles, I grab another bard.

Note, I would switch between DC feats and spell pen feats depending on what I feel the content needs. Currently I would be DC focused.

Drow 20 Bard

Cha: 20 + levels ups

Feats (in no particular order)
    1) Pastlife Wizzy
    3) Pastlife Bard
    6) Spell Focus
    9) Spell Focus
    12) Quicken
    15) Heighten
    18) Empower Healing
    21) Inspire Excellence
    24) Epic Spell Focus
    26) Lasting Inspiration
    27) Spell Penetration
    28) Positive Spell Power

Enhancements:
    Grabbing charisma and enchantment DC from Drow
    Tier 5 Spellsinger goodies
    Charisma and positive spell power from Warchanter

I offer you my build (different than what you want) to show a CC and Heal focused bard - I'm not sure how you could fit archery in without sacrificing most of its effectiveness.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the post - great information here..

I was thinking of going Elf Racial Arcane archer/ Shiradi to try and add some DPS into the mix as well but I might just try this for a life to see how it fits ..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tylaric View Post
    but I might just try this for a life to see how it fits ..
    I wouldn't level 1-20 in this build - it is a useful build for EE, not heroics.

CC and Heals aren't particularly useful in heroics -I'd level to 20, then LR into this build for epic levels.

For Heroics, probably something like:
    Drow (cos you can't change your race at 20)
    20 Bard - Two Hander

Str: 18 level ups

1) Power Attack
    3) Cleave
    6) Great Cleave
    9) Extend
    12) Improve Crit
    15) Empower Heal
    18) Quicken

Or a TWF version with those feast frontloaded, dropping one point of con for 3 points of dex.

Level to 20, smashing stuff. Then switch into the CC/Heal Bard (assuming you have LR stones lying around).

Community Member

For Heroics, probably something like:
    Drow (cos you can't change your race at 20)
    20 Bard - Two Hander
    Wouldn't Half-Elf be a better choice? You'd lose 2 Charisma, but you'd get +5 to all saves (Paladin dilettante), up to 20% healing amp and a +3 Charisma action surge. You'd also have +2 Constitution.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ahujat View Post
    Wouldn't Half-Elf be a better choice? You'd lose 2 Charisma, but you'd get +5 to all saves (Paladin dilettante), up to 20% healing amp and a +3 Charisma action surge. You'd also have +2 Constitution.
    Drow start on 20 Charisma and get +2 from enhancements and +1 enchant DC from enchantment lore, netting a total of +3DC (for only 7AP)

Half Elves start on 18 charisma, get +1 enhancements, for a total of +0.5 DC - they could action boost (but I much rather have sustainable) to +2DC.

While I'm sure Half-Elf could work (although it would cost 19AP for what you mentioned), when building a DC caster for EE, I always try to give myself maximum DC potential, in case it is needed, so I would run with Drow.

Remember the build you quoted is a temporary levelling build, to get to 20, which would then be LRed into the EE caster/healer build; you can't race change to do this - so Drow it is.
    Last edited by BoBoDaClown; 12-16-2013 at 11:46 AM.

Community Member

Drow start on 20 Charisma and get +2 from enhancements and +1 enchant DC from enchantment lore, netting a total of +3DC (for only 7AP)

Half Elves start on 18 charisma, get +1 enhancements, for a total of +0.5 DC - they could action boost (but I much rather have sustainable) to +2DC.
    Dilettante Ability Score also grants +1 Charisma.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ahujat View Post
    Dilettante Ability Score also grants +1 Charisma.
    Yeah sorry.

Point still stands: a sustainable +3 DC vs a sustainable +1DC.

Isn't elven archmage enchanter > bard?

My 20 elven enchanter has enchantment DCs pushing 40. (usually hovering around ~39), though I admit I haven't checked her DC since I capped. It might actually be 40.

I don't know if a Bard can get that high as easily.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Isn't elven archmage enchanter > bard?

My 20 elven enchanter has enchantment DCs pushing 40. (usually hovering around ~39), though I admit I haven't checked her DC since I capped. It might actually be 40.

I don't know if a Bard can get that high as easily.
    Yeah, a Drow Archmage can probably get around 4DC higer than a bard - however, you'd probably spec for DPS/instakilling, so would end up comparable or lower.

You can get to mid 60s DC on a bard.

Once I finished her TR, my bard should be sitting in the 62-65 category.

Hello expert builders. I'm looking to make a CC Bard for EE quests.

This would be a 36 build with 2 Wizard PLs. I have eaten a +4 Supreme Tome.

I was thinking Elf Arcane Archer Pure bard using a blend of Fascinate, and spell CC while supporting the group with backup heals (scrolls?)

I'd love to see what the building experts could suggest cuz.. I don't have a clue =)

Cheers..

Ty.
    Pretty much anything susceptible to Otto's Sphere of Dancing and Hold Monster can be Fascinated or stopped by Otto's Irresistible Dance. Non-Drow low Spell Resistance mobs like the named Ice Flenser in EE Prison of the Planes can be danced after a couple of hits from an Improved Shattermantle weapon. Point is you already have all the CC you need with Bard 16 so you might as well be able to do some decent DPS as well.

I'd go with Two-Handed Fighting using Greataxes (Epic Antique Greataxe/Clever) in Legendary Dreadnought ED, dump all the caster related feats except Extend and take Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Critical: Slashing, Overwhelming Critical, the full Two-Handed Fighting line and perhaps Perfect Two-Handed Fighting if you can fit it in.

That way you will maximise your red/purple named DPS and will be able to solo moderately difficult opponents and contribute to boss fights, as well as having 1st rate CC (you can even dump Charisma and get 80 Fascinate before dice). The only thing I can think of that makes it worthwhile for a Bard to have high DC CC is the extra incapacitated damage from Hold Monster or Greater Shout.

I guess you could also take Quicken and Empower Healing if you want to play nanny, but you can keep yourself or a single target alive pretty much indefinately alternating between Heal scrolls and Cure Critical Wounds wands. Basically you have boss fights covered, let the gimps take care of themselves in normal dungeons, you are there to have fun as well.
    Last edited by Astraghal; 12-22-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Community Member

I've decided to use another toon for my bard class - I'm enjoying the wizard line to much to leave that =).

The toon I plan to use has 3 Arti, and 2 Ranger PL's on it. I have a Lit2 Repeater and would like to use that all in a CC/Support Build.

Suggestions there?

I've decided to use another toon for my bard class - I'm enjoying the wizard line to much to leave that =).

The toon I plan to use has 3 Arti, and 2 Ranger PL's on it. I have a Lit2 Repeater and would like to use that all in a CC/Support Build.

Suggestions there?

half-elf with arti dili.