Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Thank you DEVS, no seriously, thank you.

Thank you for fixing the twists of fate being used in heroic, I've been against people cheating (yes, it is a cheat anything not intended to be used to make an easy game easier is cheating.) in any game I play. This long period of using twists of fate in heroic quests had stopped me from pugging all but a few quests for speed and ease of the tediousness.

So a big thank you to the devs for correcting it, I've already watched some of the self proclaimed elite players who relied on the twists die in the harbor and market place. I laughed and left their soul stones in the traps they tried to run through, or where they lay from being swarmed by monsters well out of reach of any resurrection shrines ^_^

The heroic levels are fun again =D

You are not in the least bit annoyed that they allowed this fea...............per bug to hang around for well over a year before they did anything?

And only now when there's a new shiny hamster wheel they actually do something?

Lol, look at all these negative remarks for thanking the devs for finally fixing something. I didn't say I wasn't irritated that it took them so long. I just never felt the need to add to the posts requesting the devs change it right away. There were more than enough of those, some I even replied to.

At no point in my original post was I whining. I would like you to re-read it, the fact that I find enjoyment in pugging again with out some one primal screaming, or rejuv-ing or energy bursting, or calling lvl 20 meteor swarms is a good thing. Frankly, I don't need to cheat to beat this game.
    Last edited by IWMettleblade; 12-16-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    Nothing false about it, I know what I am saying. I'm betting you had to Google it.
    No, actually. You posted a topic about how people with EDs were breaking the game. I would like to know how, because spell like abilities on sorcs, for example, clear rooms immediately and can be spammed faster and more often than ED abilities. And many other options for healing are easy for everyone except barbs besides cocoon. What difference does it make?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    No, actually. You posted a topic about how people with EDs were breaking the game. I would like to know how, because spell like abilities on sorcs, for example, clear rooms immediately and can be spammed faster and more often than ED abilities. And many other options for healing are easy for everyone except barbs besides cocoon. What difference does it make?

Where did I say it broke the game? I said it made pugging not very fun. I know sorcs can clear rooms AT HIGHER LEVELS THAN ONE. The only time I let sorcs, wizards, druids into my own parties are shadow crypt due to the tedious nature of the quest. Sounds like some serious Q.Q coming from you regarding sorcerers. Maybe they'll nerf spell power again, I personally don't care. Frankly if some one twisted something fairly useless like running with wind for the free 30% striding (for those who don't have the quiver to do the same at lvl1) I wouldn't care, it is the stuff beyond that which irritated me.

You're welcome to keep qq'ing on my thread though.

Community Member

Thank you for fixing the twists of fate being used in heroic, I've been against people cheating (yes, it is a cheat anything not intended to be used to make an easy game easier is cheating.) in any game I play. This long period of using twists of fate in heroic quests had stopped me from pugging all but a few quests for speed and ease of the tediousness.

So a big thank you to the devs for correcting it, I've already watched some of the self proclaimed elite players who relied on the twists die in the harbor and market place. I laughed and left their soul stones in the traps they tried to run through, or where they lay from being swarmed by monsters well out of reach of any resurrection shrines ^_^

So you preferred the tediousness? I wouldn't have known about it if people hadn't complained about it. So thanks for that.

Anyways, hasn't bothered me. Just TR'ed and ahead of schedule in TRing again in under a week. What was your point again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

Community Member

Where did I say it broke the game? I said it made pugging not very fun. I know sorcs can clear rooms AT HIGHER LEVELS THAN ONE. The only time I let sorcs, wizards, druids into my own parties are shadow crypt due to the tedious nature of the quest. Sounds like some serious Q.Q coming from you regarding sorcerers. Maybe they'll nerf spell power again, I personally don't care. Frankly if some one twisted something fairly useless like running with wind for the free 30% striding (for those who don't have the quiver to do the same at lvl1) I wouldn't care, it is the stuff beyond that which irritated me.

You're welcome to keep qq'ing on my thread though.
    No, I just don't understand why you care about levels that are so mind numbingly easy.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Yeah, devs. Thanks for, again, fixing something that didn't need to be fixed while there are plenty of other bugs waiting around for some attention.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by veriden View Post
    and now i call people cheaters even though a dev comment was "have fun with it while it lasts!" because i don't really read dev comments and think i'm turbine's paladin. I certainly dumped int like a paladin!.
    qft

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I am glad it's finally fixed, and hopefully all the threads for/against will stop. To be honest I ran into more threads whinning one way or the other then I did encounter folks twisting at heroics.

It was clear as day and stated by Turbine Employees that it was not WAI. You enjoyed it, rock on. Now let it all R.I.P. And remember how to actually play your character again with the rest of the unwashed masses.
    Git off mah lawn!

If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    You are not in the least bit annoyed that they allowed this fea...............per bug to hang around for well over a year before they did anything?

And only now when there's a new shiny hamster wheel they actually do something?
    No more shocking then the rage bug that had been going on for so long goofy people actually thought it was WAI. Course heroic elite isn't exacly excruciatingly hard. Unless you broke your characters legs from the get go laughing at his/er struggle in the name of flavor/full ****** lol.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

They died in the harbor and marketplace because someone was using Shiradi procs against fellow players in the harbor and marketplace. More exploits for Christmas!

...or were you talking about inside quests?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

I know sorcs can clear rooms AT HIGHER LEVELS THAN ONE. The only time I let sorcs, wizards, druids into my own parties are shadow crypt due to the tedious nature of the quest.
    So, in essence, having people in the party whose characters have abilities that allow those characters to clear rooms is all fine and good as long as it is your party and in dungeons you do not find fun. For everyone else, just suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    So, in essence, having people in the party whose characters have abilities that allow those characters to clear rooms is all fine and good as long as it is your party and in dungeons you do not find fun. For everyone else, just suck it up.
    Duh.. yah...

it's his damn party after all...

Community Member

yay now i can go back to having to click on the heal scroll around 5 times to switch to it and a couple more to cast it thanks devs!

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    I am glad it's finally fixed, and hopefully all the threads for/against will stop. To be honest I ran into more threads whining one way or the other then I did encounter folks twisting at heroics.

It was clear as day and stated by Turbine Employees that it was not WAI. You enjoyed it, rock on. Now let it all R.I.P. And remember how to actually play your character again with the rest of the unwashed masses.
    What False said.

Bad players were still pretty bad even with twists, and they'll be worse now that they're gone.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

So now that someone is struggling you are just going to leave their soul stone. Now I see why people used twist if they had to run with someone that did that. That is a jerk move.

Community Member

Also, everyone knows you used cocoon in heroic, so you're also just a hypocrite. I understand you bought alignment change in the DDO store to LG, that doesn't actually make you LG.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher032 View Post
    So now that someone is struggling you are just going to leave their soul stone. Now I see why people used twist if they had to run with someone that did that. That is a jerk move.
    It depends. If they spent more time on the forums defending exploiting using the justification that "heroic levels are too easy and boring" than they did skilling up to play level 2 elite quests without a crutch, dying in harbor traps might be just what they need to wake them up.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaden_freude View Post
    So you preferred the tediousness? I wouldn't have known about it if people hadn't complained about it. So thanks for that.

Anyways, hasn't bothered me. Just TR'ed and ahead of schedule in TRing again in under a week. What was your point again?
    The point is there was no reason to need to use a crutch in heroics if it was already that easy to begin with.

A lot of people talk about efficiency on these boards, but then defend using a nuclear warhead where a stick of dynamite would have done the job, which is a direct contradiction in logic.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast