Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1
    Community Member Khalesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222

    Default Tin Foil Hat Time

    I have noticed over the last few 3-4 weeks that when running DDO I am stuttering, lagging and having connection issues in general

    I have been on the US servers about 4 years now and its never been this bad for me

    .....It is also co-incidental that over the last 3-4 weeks I have been more vocal in my championing of Heroic Twisting (don't derail where this is going...) on the forums. So as forum account is now easily linked to game account:

    With my Tin Foil Hat on is it possible to be 'punished' with a worse connection to the servers???

    Note I am a VIP who also spends additional cash from time to time in the store ... banning me and folks like me would be very counter productive to the Game.

    Also do none-VIPs get a worse connection ... maybe I have been stealth downgraded ......

    Thoughts ... conspiracy theories ... anyone out there????

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    824

    Default

    My thought is...

    You don't wear a Tin Foil Hat..

    You wear a whole Tin Foil Suit it seems
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule


  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    I have noticed over the last few 3-4 weeks that when running DDO I am stuttering, lagging and having connection issues in general

    I have been on the US servers about 4 years now and its never been this bad for me

    .....It is also co-incidental that over the last 3-4 weeks I have been more vocal in my championing of Heroic Twisting (don't derail where this is going...) on the forums. So as forum account is now easily linked to game account:

    With my Tin Foil Hat on is it possible to be 'punished' with a worse connection to the servers???

    Note I am a VIP who also spends additional cash from time to time in the store ... banning me and folks like me would be very counter productive to the Game.

    Also do none-VIPs get a worse connection ... maybe I have been stealth downgraded ......

    Thoughts ... conspiracy theories ... anyone out there????
    Just premium players get banned, naughty vip get bad connection, so you can not sue them for paying subscription without ability to play the game. *just kiddin*
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

  4. #4
    Community Member Forzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,714

    Default

    That avatar... what is it supposed to represent?

  5. #5
    Community Member Arnhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO, USA
    Posts
    2,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    My thought is...

    You don't wear a Tin Foil Hat..

    You wear a whole Tin Foil Suit it seems
    A well-dressed player always wears a hat to match his suit!
    There is no free lunch.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Thoughts ... conspiracy theories ... anyone out there????
    However interesting punishment like this would be (everybody loves a good conspiracy ) I dont think it is the case. There are threads about others seeing "funny" thing happening in the game at the moment, and I personally had to reinstall to get certain areas to Work properly in my game - and I dont advocate heroic twisting!
    ....maybe its random - better get that tin foil hat just to be sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    I have noticed over the last few 3-4 weeks that when running DDO I am stuttering, lagging and having connection issues in general

    I have been on the US servers about 4 years now and its never been this bad for me

    .....It is also co-incidental that over the last 3-4 weeks I have been more vocal in my championing of Heroic Twisting (don't derail where this is going...) on the forums. So as forum account is now easily linked to game account:

    With my Tin Foil Hat on is it possible to be 'punished' with a worse connection to the servers???

    Note I am a VIP who also spends additional cash from time to time in the store ... banning me and folks like me would be very counter productive to the Game.

    Also do none-VIPs get a worse connection ... maybe I have been stealth downgraded ......

    Thoughts ... conspiracy theories ... anyone out there????
    How do you get away with that vagoo as your avatar?

  8. #8
    Community Member Khalesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Seems my avatar drawing more attention than my conspiracy theory

    I selected it from a list provided by this very same forum at some point ... don't mean anything to me really


    ... or does it

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Seems my avatar drawing more attention than my conspiracy theory

    I selected it from a list provided by this very same forum at some point ... don't mean anything to me really


    ... or does it
    That's because conspiracy theories are intrinsically idiotic.

  10. #10
    Community Member kned225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    552

    Default

    I believe it. I believe a disgruntled dev has studied you closely and determined you're the one who can carry this burden

    This dev knows that you're wise enough to make the connection and post it, wise enough to word it with an elegance that will validate the accusations. This will trigger a subtle war between juuuust the right higher ups, eventually resulting in cataclysmic turbine tear-down, the effects of which will be felt for generations

    Congratulations

  11. #11
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,601

    Default

    53461

  12. #12
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,995

    Default

    I have purchased a NEW router to appease my wife. I am currently running an old 802.11g router but I am switching to a 802.11ac.

    She is complaining that when she goes to download her PEOPLE magazine it takes forever at home, but when she goes to the grocery store it takes her five minutes.

    I tried to explain to her that grocery store is probably on a T3 or something and we must suffer with what our ISP put in the ground 15 years ago.

    BTW, this same woman wondered why I wanted to go to HIGH SPEED internet back in 1997. She thought dial up worked just fine.

    So, once I break my network, destroy all systems connectivity to the network, and put it all back together, with a new password and new network name, I will let you know if the new router improves my connectivity.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  13. #13
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    I am VIP.

    I have business-class internet service.

    I get periodic spikes / stutter steps fairly often - running forward, something gets out of sync and you're halted / moved / re-adjusted.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

  14. #14
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzah View Post
    that avatar... What is it supposed to represent?
    Lady parts? (****** is censored? Sheesh, this world sometimes)

    As to the OP, I have an interesting theory:

    I have 2 accounts, one VIP for a very long time (since 2007) and another Premium for 2boxing, storage, etc. Now I have noticed a marked difference in connections between them. My VIP account I have to TRY HARD to lag in anything, anywhere. If this was my only account I would have a hard time believing lag even exists.

    My premium account on the other hand is painful to run around in. Quests suck, public areas suck. Rubber-banding all over the place. And it happens almost every.single.time. And no this isn't when I am 2 boxing, I have tested this with full computer restarts between log-ins. Same computer, IP address, same everything but different level accounts. Weird huh?
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 12-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.

  15. #15
    Community Member xXbikergirlXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Looking for chocolate....
    Posts
    585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    My thought is...

    You don't wear a Tin Foil Hat..

    You wear a whole Tin Foil Suit it seems
    Why stop there?......

    Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

  16. #16
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,998

    Default

    OPs hat is not tinfoil. I prefer to use Reynolds. Store brands have choppy wave lengths.

  17. #17
    Community Member Kalimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    I have noticed over the last few 3-4 weeks that when running DDO I am stuttering, lagging and having connection issues in general

    I have been on the US servers about 4 years now and its never been this bad for me

    .....It is also co-incidental that over the last 3-4 weeks I have been more vocal in my championing of Heroic Twisting (don't derail where this is going...) on the forums. So as forum account is now easily linked to game account:

    With my Tin Foil Hat on is it possible to be 'punished' with a worse connection to the servers???

    Note I am a VIP who also spends additional cash from time to time in the store ... banning me and folks like me would be very counter productive to the Game.

    Also do none-VIPs get a worse connection ... maybe I have been stealth downgraded ......

    Thoughts ... conspiracy theories ... anyone out there????
    I dont understand why everyone says their forum account links to their game accounts. Mine doesnt do that
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

  18. #18
    Community Member Khalesh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Lady parts? (****** is censored? Sheesh, this world sometimes)

    As to the OP, I have an interesting theory:

    I have 2 accounts, one VIP for a very long time (since 2007) and another Premium for 2boxing, storage, etc. Now I have noticed a marked difference in connections between them. My VIP account I have to TRY HARD to lag in anything, anywhere. If this was my only account I would have a hard time believing lag even exists.

    My premium account on the other hand is painful to run around in. Quests suck, public areas suck. Rubber-banding all over the place. And it happens almost every.single.time. And no this isn't when I am 2 boxing, I have tested this with full computer restarts between log-ins. Same computer, IP address, same everything but different level accounts. Weird huh?
    I just know there is something going on ... somewhere ... and this is conclusive evidence!

    To the bat mobile!!

    Villagers bring your pitch forks!!!

  19. #19
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    Why stop there?......

    Is that tin foil or plastic wrap?

    One is for aliens, the other is for Italians.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Maybe the NSA has decided to target you for more intensive data gathering than usual. Maybe you're a terrorist.. well, according to our own government, extremist to monitor include : ex-military, home schoolers, Ron Paul supporters, constitutionalists ..

    Maybe you're an advocate for home schooling and thus being targetted by the NSA???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload