Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tin Foil Hat Time

I have noticed over the last few 3-4 weeks that when running DDO I am stuttering, lagging and having connection issues in general

I have been on the US servers about 4 years now and its never been this bad for me

.....It is also co-incidental that over the last 3-4 weeks I have been more vocal in my championing of Heroic Twisting (don't derail where this is going...) on the forums. So as forum account is now easily linked to game account:

With my Tin Foil Hat on is it possible to be 'punished' with a worse connection to the servers???

Note I am a VIP who also spends additional cash from time to time in the store ... banning me and folks like me would be very counter productive to the Game.

Also do none-VIPs get a worse connection ... maybe I have been stealth downgraded ......

Thoughts ... conspiracy theories ... anyone out there????

Community Member

My thought is...

You don't wear a Tin Foil Hat..

You wear a whole Tin Foil Suit it seems
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    I have noticed over the last few 3-4 weeks that when running DDO I am stuttering, lagging and having connection issues in general

I have been on the US servers about 4 years now and its never been this bad for me

.....It is also co-incidental that over the last 3-4 weeks I have been more vocal in my championing of Heroic Twisting (don't derail where this is going...) on the forums. So as forum account is now easily linked to game account:

With my Tin Foil Hat on is it possible to be 'punished' with a worse connection to the servers???

Note I am a VIP who also spends additional cash from time to time in the store ... banning me and folks like me would be very counter productive to the Game.

Also do none-VIPs get a worse connection ... maybe I have been stealth downgraded ......

Just premium players get banned, naughty vip get bad connection, so you can not sue them for paying subscription without ability to play the game. *just kiddin*
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

That avatar... what is it supposed to represent?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    My thought is...

A well-dressed player always wears a hat to match his suit!
    There is no free lunch.

Community Member

However interesting punishment like this would be (everybody loves a good conspiracy ) I dont think it is the case. There are threads about others seeing "funny" thing happening in the game at the moment, and I personally had to reinstall to get certain areas to Work properly in my game - and I dont advocate heroic twisting!
    ....maybe its random - better get that tin foil hat just to be sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

Community Member

How do you get away with that vagoo as your avatar?

Seems my avatar drawing more attention than my conspiracy theory

I selected it from a list provided by this very same forum at some point ... don't mean anything to me really

... or does it

Community Member

Seems my avatar drawing more attention than my conspiracy theory

I selected it from a list provided by this very same forum at some point ... don't mean anything to me really

... or does it
    That's because conspiracy theories are intrinsically idiotic.

I believe it. I believe a disgruntled dev has studied you closely and determined you're the one who can carry this burden

This dev knows that you're wise enough to make the connection and post it, wise enough to word it with an elegance that will validate the accusations. This will trigger a subtle war between juuuust the right higher ups, eventually resulting in cataclysmic turbine tear-down, the effects of which will be felt for generations

Congratulations

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

I have purchased a NEW router to appease my wife. I am currently running an old 802.11g router but I am switching to a 802.11ac.

She is complaining that when she goes to download her PEOPLE magazine it takes forever at home, but when she goes to the grocery store it takes her five minutes.

I tried to explain to her that grocery store is probably on a T3 or something and we must suffer with what our ISP put in the ground 15 years ago.

BTW, this same woman wondered why I wanted to go to HIGH SPEED internet back in 1997. She thought dial up worked just fine.

So, once I break my network, destroy all systems connectivity to the network, and put it all back together, with a new password and new network name, I will let you know if the new router improves my connectivity.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I am VIP.

I have business-class internet service.

I get periodic spikes / stutter steps fairly often - running forward, something gets out of sync and you're halted / moved / re-adjusted.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by forzah View Post
    that avatar... What is it supposed to represent?
    Lady parts? (****** is censored? Sheesh, this world sometimes)

As to the OP, I have an interesting theory:

I have 2 accounts, one VIP for a very long time (since 2007) and another Premium for 2boxing, storage, etc. Now I have noticed a marked difference in connections between them. My VIP account I have to TRY HARD to lag in anything, anywhere. If this was my only account I would have a hard time believing lag even exists.

My premium account on the other hand is painful to run around in. Quests suck, public areas suck. Rubber-banding all over the place. And it happens almost every.single.time. And no this isn't when I am 2 boxing, I have tested this with full computer restarts between log-ins. Same computer, IP address, same everything but different level accounts. Weird huh?
    Last edited by Drwaz99; 12-13-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    My thought is...

Why stop there?......

Never underestimate the power of Chocolate!
    Spiritfires, Spiritryder, Spiritbasher, Spirittanker, Spiritlite and Spiritwarper
    House Xorlarrin Sarlona

OPs hat is not tinfoil. I prefer to use Reynolds. Store brands have choppy wave lengths.

I dont understand why everyone says their forum account links to their game accounts. Mine doesnt do that
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    Lady parts? (****** is censored? Sheesh, this world sometimes)

As to the OP, I have an interesting theory:

I have 2 accounts, one VIP for a very long time (since 2007) and another Premium for 2boxing, storage, etc. Now I have noticed a marked difference in connections between them. My VIP account I have to TRY HARD to lag in anything, anywhere. If this was my only account I would have a hard time believing lag even exists.

My premium account on the other hand is painful to run around in. Quests suck, public areas suck. Rubber-banding all over the place. And it happens almost every.single.time. And no this isn't when I am 2 boxing, I have tested this with full computer restarts between log-ins. Same computer, IP address, same everything but different level accounts. Weird huh?
    I just know there is something going on ... somewhere ... and this is conclusive evidence!

To the bat mobile!!

Villagers bring your pitch forks!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xXbikergirlXx View Post
    Why stop there?......

Is that tin foil or plastic wrap?

One is for aliens, the other is for Italians.

Community Member

Maybe the NSA has decided to target you for more intensive data gathering than usual. Maybe you're a terrorist.. well, according to our own government, extremist to monitor include : ex-military, home schoolers, Ron Paul supporters, constitutionalists ..

Maybe you're an advocate for home schooling and thus being targetted by the NSA???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast