Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default Jack Frostbite / Jester New Barter Interface - Clarification, Please?

    From the U20.1 patch notes:

    •Jack Frostbite and the Jester of Festivult coin turn-ins now use a barter interface.


    Question: For the Jester, is this the "pick what you want and turn-in coins" barter interface, like collectible NPCs? or is it the "pcik the turn-in type (copper, silver, gold coin) and receive "random items" barter interface (i.e. more like Mabar opal, skull, finger turn-in)?

    If the later, then probably OK; if the former, WHY?!?

    If it's the former then does that mean there is no longer a (very remote) chance of getting some cool item like a +4 stat tome for turning in gold coins, and now all you can get are cookies/cakes? Because that would, quite frankly, suck.

    I liked it the way it way - just click on "I have turn-ins" dialog line (admittedly) over and over until you had less than 3 copper, at most one silver, and no gold coins left, and you'd receive random items from the appropriate "loot" list. Very simple, very easy (yes, yes - being able to turn in more than 3/2/1 at a time would be nice, but we still have that problem with the barter interface). And while I have never pulled a nice, +4 stat tome in prior Festivults, I always look forward to the possibility of the "maybe this year" feeling (and then, of course, being disappointed - hehehe).

    If it's just going to be a "pick whatever cookie/cake you want" interface, then honestly I feel less then "meh" about collecting coins.

    Does anyone know? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    From the U20.1 patch notes:

    •Jack Frostbite and the Jester of Festivult coin turn-ins now use a barter interface.


    Question: For the Jester, is this the "pick what you want and turn-in coins" barter interface, like collectible NPCs? or is it the "pcik the turn-in type (copper, silver, gold coin) and receive "random items" barter interface (i.e. more like Mabar opal, skull, finger turn-in)?

    If the later, then probably OK; if the former, WHY?!?

    If it's the former then does that mean there is no longer a (very remote) chance of getting some cool item like a +4 stat tome for turning in gold coins, and now all you can get are cookies/cakes? Because that would, quite frankly, suck.

    I liked it the way it way - just click on "I have turn-ins" dialog line (admittedly) over and over until you had less than 3 copper, at most one silver, and no gold coins left, and you'd receive random items from the appropriate "loot" list. Very simple, very easy (yes, yes - being able to turn in more than 3/2/1 at a time would be nice, but we still have that problem with the barter interface). And while I have never pulled a nice, +4 stat tome in prior Festivults, I always look forward to the possibility of the "maybe this year" feeling (and then, of course, being disappointed - hehehe).

    If it's just going to be a "pick whatever cookie/cake you want" interface, then honestly I feel less then "meh" about collecting coins.

    Does anyone know? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
    I believe the items havent been taken out, you still have a chance of getting tomes and such. its merely a barter box instead of having to repeatedly go through his dialog. similiar to the mabar/cove turn ins. the items you get will still be random, have the ability to upgrade to a higher tier, etc as they always were.

  3. #3
    Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default Hope So

    Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    I believe the items havent been taken out, you still have a chance of getting tomes and such. its merely a barter box instead of having to repeatedly go through his dialog. similiar to the mabar/cove turn ins. the items you get will still be random, have the ability to upgrade to a higher tier, etc as they always were.
    Barter interface for upgrading items is definitely the way to go. I hope the turn-ins are still random, though.

    Thanks!
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

  4. #4
    Hero Phoenix-daBard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,351

    Default

    Based on the Jester post today in the forums it is Mabar style where you choose the collectable type then wear out your mouse button clicking over and over hoping for a good random draw.

    edit: Here is the quote that makes me think that:
    It is theoretically possible to get exceptional items from even Copper Coins! Essentially, every time you turn in a coin, there is a chance to be "upgraded"to the next loot tier on a special chart. So, you could get very lucky and get upgraded all the way to a tome! The better the coin, the further up the ladder you start, so your chances of being upgraded to the best rewards are better with a gold coin than with a silver or copper, because you have fewer tiers to try and get upgraded through.
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 12-12-2013 at 06:34 PM.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Based on the Jester post today in the forums it is Mabar style where you choose the collectable type then wear out your mouse button clicking over and over hoping for a good random draw.
    I have to admit I'm disappointed by this. I was hoping they'd finally tossed the whole Random Number Garbage thing in favour of a way to actually get the 2 or 3 cookies/treats I find useful.

    Face it, the odds of getting something truly good are so abysmal, they might as well stop pretending and just remove then from the tables entirely.

  6. #6
    Community Member Dawnsfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    Based on the Jester post today in the forums it is Mabar style where you choose the collectable type then wear out your mouse button clicking over and over hoping for a good random draw.

    edit: Here is the quote that makes me think that:
    That would be nice. I always hated the dialog box but love the RNG way we get cookies. I always keep a full cookie jar and am constantly surprised how often 'useless' cookies have come in handy. I'd hate to see the festival reduced to a mere shopping list ie: I need x number of cookie one, y number of cookie two ect. . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

  7. #7
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    25,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoRob View Post
    ...

    Face it, the odds of getting something truly good are so abysmal, they might as well stop pretending and just remove then from the tables entirely.

    Low chance of item: Proper.

    Remove items: Disagree.

    Improve items: This.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  8. #8
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    24,049

    Default

    You'll have a choice between Copper, Silver, and Gold coin turn-ins, and get random rewards as the Jester stated in his thread. The mechanics of Festivult haven't changed, but this eliminates the need to click through dialogue trees over and over.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  9. #9
    Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    814

    Default Sweet!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You'll have a choice between Copper, Silver, and Gold coin turn-ins, and get random rewards as the Jester stated in his thread. The mechanics of Festivult haven't changed, but this eliminates the need to click through dialogue trees over and over.
    Thanks, Cordovan!

    I was hoping that was the case, but the release notes were not clear.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    9

    Default any chance to reduce clicking even more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    You'll have a choice between Copper, Silver, and Gold coin turn-ins, and get random rewards as the Jester stated in his thread. The mechanics of Festivult haven't changed, but this eliminates the need to click through dialogue trees over and over.
    Any chance that the barter interface be enhanced so we can turn in stacks instead of a single reward?
    Even if this just does the turn ins one by one for us till there is no more backpack space..

    I can see several ways of implementing this, each with pros and cons, any would be better than having to click tens or hundreds of times.
    It shouldn't be the default, but it should be possible..

    Same goes for all barter interfaces.

  11. #11
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Speaking as a person who cashes in thousands of coins for Festivult and Risia, you could have used CTRL and F1 to cycle through Jack Frostbite and the Jester. Focus window on them then pound away, hold down CTRL and pound F1. It was a lot easier and faster than mouse clicking. Eventually, they would time out on you, around 26 turn ins.

    Will I be able to do the same with the barter window? I guess I will wait and see.

    But in the past, the barter window was a lot like the the text window, you have to use the mouse, and go slow over the items, using the vertical scroll bar. Since I did not have multiples of things to use on a barter window I have not been able to test it out. When I do use the barter window for augments I go very slow.

    But for festivult coins and risia ice games coins, I enjoy high speed turn in.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

  12. #12
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    Speaking as a person who cashes in thousands of coins for Festivult and Risia, you could have used CTRL and F1 to cycle through Jack Frostbite and the Jester. Focus window on them then pound away, hold down CTRL and pound F1. It was a lot easier and faster than mouse clicking. Eventually, they would time out on you, around 26 turn ins.

    Will I be able to do the same with the barter window? I guess I will wait and see.

    But in the past, the barter window was a lot like the the text window, you have to use the mouse, and go slow over the items, using the vertical scroll bar. Since I did not have multiples of things to use on a barter window I have not been able to test it out. When I do use the barter window for augments I go very slow.

    But for festivult coins and risia ice games coins, I enjoy high speed turn in.
    That's how I do it too. If this new barter interface screws with my ability to spam turn in coins, I'll be an unhappy camper.

  13. #13
    DDO Trivia Champion alancarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timtam View Post
    Any chance that the barter interface be enhanced so we can turn in stacks instead of a single reward?
    Even if this just does the turn ins one by one for us till there is no more backpack space..

    I can see several ways of implementing this, each with pros and cons, any would be better than having to click tens or hundreds of times.
    It shouldn't be the default, but it should be possible..

    Same goes for all barter interfaces.
    /signed
    I have over 700 coins already... and I know that's nowhere near the most out there. Ditto for turning Map pieces on Smuggler's Cove, Mabar collectibles, etc.

  14. #14
    Community Member G_Lich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Barter boxes don't close when you turn in, like text trees do, so just like the Cannith essence sundering, you'll be able to just M1 repeatedly on trade button.
    Lich - Lichclaw - Lichdust - Lichfate - Lichgaze - Lichrot - Lichsoul - Lichvault
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    DDOCast Contributor http://www.ddocast.com/
    http://www.twitch.tv/g_lich

  15. #15
    Community Member Ykt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    July 2009
    Posts
    1,160

    Default

    With a Barter interface you can use autoclick programs (at your own risk of getting banned with Extreme Prejudice).

    Turbine wants you to have strong finger muscles so you can be the best at left-clicking your mouse

  16. #16
    Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Cove uses Barter interface

    I forgot about that.

    Cashing in the gems or jewels took a long time, but it worked. I guess I used my mouse finger, I don't remember making any shortcuts to do it.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

    Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload