Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hucka View Post
    got the same...now i cant selfheal via cocoon :/
    You can, of cause. Once you reach level 20, since its epic ability which requires lvl 20 to be used.


    2 OP, you told that you went to fatespinner from lvl 1. So you couldnt even pass lvl 1 without ED twists? I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Kir1; 12-13-2013 at 02:29 AM.

  2. #22
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    In case the sarcasm in my previous post is lost on all the crusaders out there

    Mark my words if this has been 'fixed' you will see a marked decrease in the level of HTRs and Heroic content will see a decrease in player base ...
    I doubt theres many who had to have the twists to even complete Heroic content, but there is likely quite a few who liked it as something to speed it up, the quests and having to deal with less inventory management for umd gear switchs for heal scrolls and SF pots which only come in stacks of 10

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    I doubt theres many who had to have the twists to even complete Heroic content, but there is likely quite a few who liked it as something to speed it up, the quests and having to deal with less inventory management for umd gear switchs for heal scrolls and SF pots which only come in stacks of 10
    So, Turbine should add "Full heal" and "Kill all" buttons. This ways quests are finished in an instant (since you want to do them as fast as possible) and you dont have to carry any gear at all (this completely solves need for any gear switches).


    Anyway, i feel bad for those who Primal screamed lvl 1 kobolds, now they are SUDDENLY not so uber anymore. And maybe, you know, being not so uber - they start start to play as team - not 6 people solo'ing in same dungeon.

    p.s. Now if Dungeon scaling was removed so it doesnt make challenging quests too easy for solo'ing...
    Last edited by Kir1; 12-13-2013 at 02:45 AM.

  4. #24
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post
    So, Turbine should add "Full heal" and "Kill all" buttons. This ways quests are finished in an instant (since you want to do them as fast as possible) and you dont have to carry any gear at all (this completely solves need for any gear switches).


    Anyway, i feel bad for those who Primal screamed lvl 1 kobolds, now they are SUDDENLY not so uber anymore. And maybe, you know, being not so uber - they start start to play as team - not 6 people solo'ing in same dungeon.
    Its called repair/cure/heal/reconstruct, scrolls, SF pots and fireball, SLA,s other spells and cleaver,great cleave, or plink,plink,plink,

    Cleave great cleave all those kobolds are dead, sorry people been zerging and soloing DDO long before twists came along especially in heroics, if your going to think its going to usher in some golden age where everyone is going to have to hold each others ballbags and forced to *play* as a team your going to be in for a surprise.

  5. #25
    Community Member XiaNYdE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    In case the sarcasm in my previous post is lost on all the crusaders out there

    Mark my words if this has been 'fixed' you will see a marked decrease in the level of HTRs and Heroic content will see a decrease in player base ...
    That's how it is for me, i was buying hearts from the store and doing heroic lives because i was bored with end-game, twists added some amusement for me personally after running the heroic content for the 100th + time, won't bother now, no biggie don't really care either way, as stated though tha'st 4-6K TP / month they just lost in sales from me, pretty sure i am not alone.
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

  6. #26
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    That's how it is for me, i was buying hearts from the store and doing heroic lives because i was bored with end-game, twists added some amusement for me personally after running the heroic content for the 100th + time, won't bother now, no biggie don't really care either way, as stated though tha'st 4-6K TP / month they just lost in sales from me, pretty sure i am not alone.
    Are you one of these hordes of people who apparently cannot complete heroic content without twists? *eyeroll*.

    Im fine without em I just take things at my own pace, I liked the freedom of cocoon to do different builds and splits without having to fiddle around too much with sloting umd skill items for heal scrolls early on, and the inventory management of SF pots, but thats about it.

  7. #27
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Its called repair/cure/heal/reconstruct, scrolls, SF pots and fireball, SLA,s other spells and cleaver,great cleave, or plink,plink,plink,

    Cleave great cleave all those kobolds are dead, sorry people been zerging and soloing DDO long before twists came along especially in heroics, if your going to think its going to usher in some golden age where everyone is going to have to hold each others ballbags and forced to *play* as a team your going to be in for a surprise.

    If they can clear quests without ED-exploit, then they should be fine, no?

    Or you complain that getting thru average quest is much slower without ED-exploit? Well, if you go too slow in quest, look at your build or gear, good luck.

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    That's how it is for me, i was buying hearts from the store and doing heroic lives because i was bored with end-game, twists added some amusement for me personally after running the heroic content for the 100th + time, won't bother now, no biggie don't really care either way, as stated though tha'st 4-6K TP / month they just lost in sales from me, pretty sure i am not alone.

    They fixed a bug. You no longer can exploit this bug (using lvl 20 skills at lvl 1 was not intended). Happens, but bugs should be fixed. Have a nice day.

  9. #29
    Community Member NaturalHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post
    They fixed a bug. You no longer can exploit this bug (using lvl 20 skills at lvl 1 was not intended). Happens, but bugs should be fixed. Have a nice day.
    yes bugs should be fixed and they shouldnt take years to do so lol.

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    maybe you can buy a clue from the DDO store loser.
    How unpolite, shame on you

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    264

    Default

    This thread has great potential. Seeing people rageing over this "bug" (even if they are only being sarcastic) is just brilliant
    Ill get me some virtual popcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

  12. #32
    Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I never even got to use the bug.

    I Have done 6 past lives on various characters, and have never turned EDs on in heroic levels despite having access to them. Now i will never be able too. Noooooo.............

    It is so unfair, other people got to do it, why not meeeeeee.......................................... ............

  13. #33
    Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    I never even got to use the bug.

    I Have done 6 past lives on various characters, and have never turned EDs on in heroic levels despite having access to them. Now i will never be able too. Noooooo.............

    It is so unfair, other people got to do it, why not meeeeeee.......................................... ............
    By the way. neat trick. get everyone to VIP, get everyone to get to level 20 for Dec 12, give them a heart and take away their ED bug. i wonder how many people would have TRd if they had been told that TRing before the update will preserve the bug for 1 more life

  14. #34
    Community Member favour6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17

    Default

    this is turbine remember, they fix it if we like it and don't if we hate it (ladder bug). With everything turbine have been doing lately it feels like they are just making a final cash grab before they nuke DDO and force us all to play other games.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by favour6 View Post
    this is turbine remember, they fix it if we like it and don't if we hate it (ladder bug). With everything turbine have been doing lately it feels like they are just making a final cash grab before they nuke DDO and force us all to play other games.
    I'm like most people, or a little more than the average I guess ... I was willing to spend $35 to $50 a month on this game because it was so cool. But lately I have to agree with the quoted statement and i'm not spending another cent. I never knew this was a bug to begin with, I don't spend 90% of my time on the forums like many of these 'popcorn' people. It was possible, so I did it. It was nice to have 30% run speed at level 1. It helped me get through content I had already done MANY times.

    So i'm starting to wonder if this was a bug to begin with, or just really good marketing strategy. They gives us this epic speed for a few months, then (essentially) roll out the biggest nerf in the history of gaming(please, yes, I understand it was a bug and was supposed to have never happened(if only I could go back in time and never have pulled that trigger)), now we are supposed to go back to the way it was before? I think they will sell more Otto's boxes than ever before!!! But not to me. I was fine with p2w when I could twist through heroics, I even bought a couple boxes last time. But this is a blow i'm not gonna roll with. I've x'd my scrip. Congratulations for showing how marketing and development can effectively work together Turbine, but maybe you should have been spending your time doubling the amount of heroic content instead of trying to figure out ways to get us to spend more money.

    I know there are a lot of points to argue with here but I don't have the time nor the care to reply to them. I posted this here because I can't find a link to email Turbine my official complaint and explanation on why they lost my business.
    Last edited by Nilzone; 12-13-2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: corrected amount spent per month, still low-balling cuz i'm embarrassed

  16. #36
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,023

    Default

    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.

  17. #37
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    I'll still have the memory of my 5.7K heroic crit when I "stoned" (toss boulder) the lords marsh medusa.

    I used the twists for one life. Twists didn't make me feel more powerful, it just let me play a bigger variety of builds. Currently working on a sorc life without twists... Every concern voiced about twists ruining party play is true even more so with my sorc because my twist character tried to hold back enough to never lead kill count. My sorc.... muhahahahaaha burn baby burn!!!!!!!

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Hope you dont mind I copied this one to my sig ...its right one the money and I stocked up aswell on those popcorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

  19. #39
    Community Member PermaBanned's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Weaklings need twists to do heroic lvls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kir1 View Post
    2 OP, you told that you went to fatespinner from lvl 1. So you couldnt even pass lvl 1 without ED twists? I feel sorry for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalHazard View Post
    Are you one of these hordes of people who apparently cannot complete heroic content without twists? *eyeroll*.
    Why is it that in every thread on the subject, all y'all are either unable or unwilling to grasp the concept of "need" vs "want." People who used twists in heroic levels did it because they wanted to, not because they needed to.
    Think about it: to get those twists, they had to first develop a character. Their first toon in the game had to survive Korthos with no gear, no experience, no twists nothing.

    Nobody needed twists to surviv heroic levels, but we damn sure enjoyed them, and now thanx to all your frickin' whining our toys got taken away. You damn well better start posting how much more wonderful your play experience is now that all those fun wrecking twists are gone. Because if your play experience doesn't improve, then our fun was diminished for absolutely nothing, and all y'all who said twitsing ruined your fun will be shown to be full of ****.
    Last edited by PermaBanned; 12-13-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    204

    Default

    I think the recent patch fixed this. Or did they not intend to fix it? I didn't see anything on the release notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload