Thread: Sloppy Slayers

Default Sloppy Slayers

i run a fair bit of Slayers ,lfm...and the Quality of gameplay is often lame .Specifically,players who run map so fast ,they leave enemies everywhere.Now i realize some are plunderin rares,but the B S that comes with ,is weak at best"o k ,that area is done" is often lazy liar comment.Yea I check to see who has done their job(just like work)Someone told me Scarrow area was done(didn't they see only 40 kills registered;it is the Lying I cant stand!)Lazy slayers ,should post their groups as such...and clean up your lazy acts;You Can run the board ,Solo;if the rares is all u want!...I am not tellin players how to play;just Dont Lie about what you Cleared!

IIRC some areas respawn after a certain amount of time... not sure how consistent it is though.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Default lazy i call it

bumb post

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    IIRC some areas respawn after a certain amount of time... not sure how consistent it is though.
    The OP Specified Sands {Scorrow zone}.

This area does NOT respawn!

And btw I've ran into this same issue myself though I do feel the OP is being a tad overblown in his rant.

For those of you who'd like to know:

There are 97 Scorrow and Drow easily gettable in each run of Sands {Some of these Scorpions are actually in the Undead Zone and some are up by The Fallen Shrine}.
    Undead is the real annoying one and most of the time even I can't be bothered when soloing to find them all {running backwards and forwards across the desert trying to get them to wake up!} - 75 is quite doable though with little trouble!

Gnolls however is a superb Slayer with over 350 per instance!

A worse issue for me and the reason I only very rarely put up a Slayer LFM rather than simply soloing is when people charge off in different directions then start moaning about the slayer being cleared when I've still got 5 {yeah let's go with 5} Chests to Loot {Orchard's very bad for this!}.

I can complete a FULL Orchard Clearance with just one other player - STICKING TOGETHER Rather than going in opposite directions - With ALL Explorer Points checked in 45 Minutes!
    For Over 60k XP with a Pot Running!

Don't join a Slayer Group that specifically says FULL CLEARANCE then Moan about wanting a Fresh Instance!

Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powskier View Post
    bumb post
    I agree.

Unless you meant to say "bump."

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

I hate to do the same thing over and over again. My preferred method to do slayers is to clear the map.

I dislike it when people want to recall and reset when the map isn't cleared yet.

Related to this is even though I do not mind people splitting up and going different directions, it leads to rares being done and chests I would like to get being on the other side of the map from where I am....which wouldn't be such a big deal if people were not in a hurry to recall and reset, before I can get all of the chests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

I'll tell you if you take care of your own curses.

Yea I check to see who has done their job(just like work)!
    Really?
    ~ Pallai, Chennai, Saraphima~
    ~Shipbuff, Sophalia, Northenstar ~
    ~ Ascent~

Community Member

bumb post
    Omg, ban please.

If the goal is efficiently getting high slayer numbers, most people will repeatedly reset an instance, then go in and kill the ~10% of the map that is fastest. That's generally the default when you post an LFM for a slayer area.

If your LFM is clear, and states something like 'sticking together, clearing entire map', then noone should join unless that is the way they want to play.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

in the Sands, the best place to get Gnolls slayer fast is where the Den Mother Fheena and Stinkpelt hide. there really isn't a good place for undead. usually i would do a rinse/repeat of Blood Stone and ROSS rares. for Scorrow i would do a run down Windlasher Canyon, cross the bridge, hang left to the rare, jump down to the other rare, run back to cross the bridge, jump over the Scar, hit the rare and than the rare past OOB. everything else is just too spread out.
    #MakeDDOGreatAgain

You are the one choosing not to play alts.

Casual player now investing way less than I used to into the game, playing 1-3 months at a time and still want nothing to do with Reaper. #improvepuggrouping#alldifficultiesmatter

2014 DDO Players Council

I run wilderness areas very consistently, but it's been a long, long time since I was specifically farming just for Slayers.

I label my LFMs "S/R/E", and I make a round to hit every explorer and check every rare spawn. Whatever mobs me and any joiners kill along the way is what we get.

i run a fair bit of Slayers ,lfm...and the Quality of gameplay is often lame .Specifically,players who run map so fast ,they leave enemies everywhere.Now i realize some are plunderin rares,but the B S that comes with ,is weak at best"o k ,that area is done" is often lazy liar comment.Yea I check to see who has done their job(just like work)Someone told me Scarrow area was done(didn't they see only 40 kills registered;it is the Lying I cant stand!)Lazy slayers ,should post their groups as such...and clean up your lazy acts;You Can run the board ,Solo;if the rares is all u want!...I am not tellin players how to play;just Dont Lie about what you Cleared!
    I think you need to go skiing.

Community Member

i run a fair bit of Slayers ,lfm...and the Quality of gameplay is often lame .Specifically,players who run map so fast!
    You lucky b@stard! I tend to get those that are superglued to your blue dot, like i was in need of a good handjo- while doing s/r/e....
    Last edited by LavidDynch; 12-13-2013 at 04:39 AM.
    O M N I P R E S E N C E
    J i c h a e l
    -&- D i l l i n j a h

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    Don't join a Slayer Group that specifically says FULL CLEARANCE then Moan about wanting a Fresh Instance!
    Full Clearance doesn't always mean the same thing to everyone. To you, full clearance obviously means that all of the enemies are killed, and that you loot every single chest available from all of the rares that spawn, which means you are able to run over the whole map.

To me, full clearance would mean all of the rare spots are checked and killed and most of the enemies on the way are killed. If 4 people each take a quadrant, I don't expect them to all run through empty areas getting chests.

What your LFM should say is, Everyone travels together through the slayer as on group going to every spot.

Stormraiser

Quote Originally Posted by Stormraiser View Post
    Full Clearance doesn't always mean the same thing to everyone. To you, full clearance obviously means that all of the enemies are killed, and that you loot every single chest available from all of the rares that spawn, which means you are able to run over the whole map.

To me, full clearance would mean all of the rare spots are checked and killed and most of the enemies on the way are killed. If 4 people each take a quadrant, I don't expect them to all run through empty areas getting chests.

What your LFM should say is, Everyone travels together through the slayer as on group going to every spot.

Stormraiser
    You just described s/r (slayers/rares), not Full Clearance. However, you do make a good point. When people who speak the same native language cannot agree on what a word or phrase means, no wonder there is confusion in a game with a world wide player base.

Perhaps an LFM notes reference in Wiki can be used to standardize the meaning and usage of LFM terms and abbreviations?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Slayers are best (opinion)when party separates and clears all. There the problem lies ,in the liars who say they did their part.Dont mind newer plarers coastin ,but common, for veterans to pull that bull"area clear reset"5 or 10 minuites into a board?yea they are getting others kills..but leave enemies 1/2 dead.Honestly it is scumbag and Lazy

Founder

Slayers are best (opinion)when party separates and clears all. There the problem lies ,in the liars who say they did their part.Dont mind newer plarers coastin ,but common, for veterans to pull that bull"area clear reset"5 or 10 minuites into a board?yea they are getting others kills..but leave enemies 1/2 dead.Honestly it is scumbag and Lazy
    You can state your opinion on what should be done or not done, but calling names is not only against the EULA but generally a bad practice. I can say "someone said they killed all the gnolls but they didn't" and people will understand what I'm saying without calling someone a liar. The other insults are completely unnecessary.

We should have a kill count for wilderness areas :/

Just solo the slayers. Problem solved.
    It's not like it's hard to do, and since you feel the need to micromanage those joining you, it also wouldn't take more time.

Really - all these complaints about how other people play and the solution is simple. If other people annoy you, avoid other people.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain