Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First TR 0 to 28 in Three Weeks is it possible, and if so how?

I'm gonna TR my FVS into a more TWF melee centered built: 12 FVS/6 Ranger/2 Monk 34 Point Built. Is it possible to reach LVL 28 in 3 weeks and if so how?

- I'm NOT VIP
    - I DON'T have XP Tomes
    - I DON'T have a lot of XP Pots
    - I DO have a TR Train in my guild
    - I DO have enough plat to get by
    - I DO have most of my equipment done (Just 1 or 2 items missing)
    - I DO have stat tomes in everything
    - I DO have most adventure packs Pre-MOTU
    - I DO have my EDs completed, twists too
    Melee FVS: Solarien
    Earth Savant: Keyros
    Pale Master: Kayros

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno5k View Post
    I'm gonna TR my FVS into a more TWF melee centered built: 12 FVS/6 Ranger/2 Monk 34 Point Built. Is it possible to reach LVL 28 in 3 weeks and if so how?

- I'm NOT VIP
    - I DON'T have XP Tomes
    Seems to me like you forgot to most important factor : Time.

Of course you can easily do it... but will you? Sure XP tomes help alot, so does the VIP bonus but it brings nothing that will make all the difference in such a long timeframe because time can overcome the bonuses.
    Just make sure to plan the usage of pots properly if you do have some. It can net a really big % when used in proper time. Though that time depends on how familiar you are at a certain lvl, when can you blitz through xp, which level will make you struggle, etc...

Good luck with the project.

Also, don't spend too much time hanging around, crafting, looking up the AH because all those "bad" habits (while looking to rush through levels) will just slow you down. While you're doing a quest, already plan which one you'll be running next. Always. Big big time saver because doing nothing sure ain't getting you closer to your goal.

And if you think you won't know what to do next, re-run the same quest while you think about it. Free exp. Just don't do nothing that isn't xp oriented actually.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 12-10-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

Quote Originally Posted by Azarddoze View Post
    Also, don't spend too much time hanging around, crafting, looking up the AH because all those "bad" habits (while looking to rush through levels) will just slow you down. While you're doing a quest, already plan which one you'll be running next. Always. Big big time saver because doing nothing sure ain't getting closer to your goal.
    Lol this just sounds like general advice for any RL task/project. Having said that I'm home from college for Winter Break starting tomorrow night until mid January so lets just assume I got tons of time.

Yep how much time you have to play in those 3 weeks is the main factor.

Being on the same time schedule as your guilds TR train will likely help.

GL

Lol this just sounds like general advice for any RL task/project. Having said that I'm home from college for Winter Break starting tomorrow night until mid January so lets just assume I got tons of time.
    got tons of time? you can get done a 2nd life TR in one weekend if you got tons of time!

Community Member

Sometime it's those general advices that makes all the difference in the end. But it's all about your own knowledge of the game and time really. I know I could do it but it's hard to tell without knowing your gaming habits/ddo's skills heh.

It's not like if there were any magical formulas other than time spent leveling + speed (+ bonuses).

Once again, good luck though. Hope you manage to make it through in the time given.
    Kal Vas Flam... Corp Por... Corp Por

...And then there was silence

How? Run quests, get exp.

Magic!
    Distributed - Currently on life 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilindith View Post
    How? Run quests, get exp.

Magic!
    Ha, Ha. I'm not asking for a specific XP plan but I would like to know how much time I should expect to spend each day and how many levels I can expect to gain each day, assuming I have all day (mostly because I wanna get this character done so I can finally enjoy it, sick of the hamster wheel).

don't stop for ship buffs
    invis
    don't kill mobs one at a time
    don't argue about what quest to run next
    repeat good xp quests
    ignore bravery if it means you're going to turn down a quest now
    split up

should be able to average a level per hour. ie. 28hours from 0-28

Ha, Ha. I'm not asking for a specific XP plan but I would like to know how much time I should expect to spend each day and how many levels I can expect to gain each day, assuming I have all day (mostly because I wanna get this character done so I can finally enjoy it, sick of the hamster wheel).
    Posting numbers is pointless. In the end YOU will be running stuff for that exp, not us. We don't know how you play.

But is it possible? Of course it is. I could do it in two days, but that won't help you.
    Distributed - Currently on life 90.

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    don't argue about what quest to run next
    Haha, this is SO true, AKA " Please don't ask me if I am ok doing this, let's just do it, we can play by my rules or plan next life ".
    I would add :
    Get your bank, inventory, spell, components sorted when you partner is not on.
    Ship buff before logging off.
    Regular questing time ( 9 - 11 pm every day for example ) is great, don't let your TR partner wait.
    Little planning with classes is cool ( fighter + fighter sucks, sorc + fighter or cleric + rogue is great ), one bluebar really speeds things up.

30- 40 hours is okay.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

(mostly because I wanna get this character done so I can finally enjoy it, sick of the hamster wheel).
    My tip for the day; enjoy the journey. There is no end game, rushing to it makes no sense. Get off the hamster whel if you're sick of it, play what you want to play, when you want to play, and with folks who are fun. Xp is only one thing on the list, fun is also on the list and should occur before xp. If you don't finish your life before your winter break is over, who cares? You'll still be lots closer than you were and maybe you had some fun or enjoyed some real life time with friends and family instead.

I don't make xp my top priority and I can still level 0-28 in 3 weeks playing 2-4 hours per day average. I generally don't "farm" anything... run most quests once or twice and done. The tr train can be fun, but when it starts to become a chore, stop and do some fun stuff. Not bothering with gearing until about 14-15 level really speeds things up. I just use what I find until then with a couple of exceptions. (Weapons, pendant of time, con item, etc, and those items are already in the shared or tr banks so I can find them quickly)

But the bottom line is if you're sick of the hamster wheel, get off it.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

- I'm NOT VIP
    - I DON'T have XP Tomes
    Dude my advice is...don't rush it. Play at your own pace and enjoy yourself. Why are you treating a game like work? Play to enjoy yourself. Enjoy the journey, because you are racing to nothing. Especially today in DDO, as there is little to do at endgame besides running EEs for fun/Vcomms.

Second life isn't bad especially since they adjusted the XP curve.
    Get on Elite BB early and stay on it and you shouldn't have to repeat many quests outside of Von3.
    By level 11 you should stay 2 levels above quest level and cap out before advancing.

If you will be TRing more than once then get the Heroic XP tome - it is well worth it.

- I'm NOT VIP
    - I DON'T have XP Tomes
    I did it using this one weird trick I found on the Internet...

(Please, someone "get" this joke...)

Get on Elite BB early and stay on it and you shouldn't have to repeat many quests outside of Von3.
    Pfft, I just ran a 4th life through and I skipped all of the VoN quests entirely. One and done on the other quests on Elite was all it took. Then I got EH Bravery when I ran the VoNs at 21. 175,000 XP for VoN3, including the optional drow kills.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post

30- 40 hours is okay.
    That sounds about right not playing like a sociopath.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I did it using this one weird trick I found on the Internet...

(Please, someone "get" this joke...)
    Casual gamers hate him
    -The mash on Argo
    In Soviet Russia Shroud trust in YOU!

Sure, it's possible. All you have to do to get to level 28 is play a lot, quest a lot, and get as much xp as you can every session of play. As one of my mentors used to say - It's not rocket science.
    Once upon a time, I was part of a team, and we saved some children. What have you done with your life?

Is it possible to level your character in three weeks? Really? Thats a thread?

Im gonna say no, its impossible

BUT...you can get a LOT done on Yummy Food Runner in three weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast