Angry Officially hate the new enhancements.

Ok, with my final school year now over, I can once again play DDO. Now I have only been logging on to maintain guild ownership. But now I have mixed feeling about the new system. But it mostly irritates me. I have not investigated further so dont hound me if I say something wrong. It APPEARS to me that my ranger and Artificer are the most affected. I have lost my skill boost on my wf arti. And Slating arrows on my AA. Now I know that they have replaced slayer arrows with a slayer arrow ability but it is just not the same. I used to cause a lot of damage of hordes of mobs while they attacked the tanks. I used to see tone of -500, -750 from those arrows and if I'm no mistaken, sometimes more.

Also, how is my arti's search and disable affected due to loosing its skill boost +5?
    Quote Originally Posted by totalmir View Post
    I like this thread,it breaks the monotony of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    Kobold make a wonderful satisfying crunch sound when killed; you can't kill just one.

Vampires scream ranks up there with kobold crunch for satisfying slays.

the new enhacement system has been pretty wel recieved for the most part. keep experimenting w/it. u will like it.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongKid View Post
    Ok, with my final school year now over, I can once again play DDO. Now I have only been logging on to maintain guild ownership. But now I have mixed feeling about the new system. But it mostly irritates me. I have not investigated further so dont hound me if I say something wrong. It APPEARS to me that my ranger and Artificer are the most affected. I have lost my skill boost on my wf arti. And Slating arrows on my AA. Now I know that they have replaced slayer arrows with a slayer arrow ability but it is just not the same. I used to cause a lot of damage of hordes of mobs while they attacked the tanks. I used to see tone of -500, -750 from those arrows and if I'm no mistaken, sometimes more.

Also, how is my arti's search and disable affected due to loosing its skill boost +5?
    Please understand that you NEED to LR to fix your characters. They moved some stuff to skills, for example your arti's spells are much weaker because the spell power is not there as you have no points in Spellcraft. So look into the new skills they added (repair now influences how much your Reconstruction does etc). My arti just could not do anything well with just fixing the enhancements. I had to LR her to add those skills, much better now.

Artificer did lose the ease of hybrid that they used to have. Personally I tried the SLA in arcano-tech and HATE IT. It did not feel to me like arcano-tech is in any way good at keeping the hybrid feel of xbow/rune-arm/spells I used to have. Spending more in battle engineer and only a bit in arcano-tech was better. Here is a build someone posted that I think does get that hybrid feel back:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...used-artificer

I find something along those lines very effective. If you are not 36point or don't have some of the tomes for DEX, might have to take some level ups in DEX to qualify for the last range feat in epics. You need 21 DEX from build points, level-ups and tomes. Also need 21 CON for epic toughness.

Some people went arcano-tech with SLAs, I hated it but then again I have a wizard and a sorcerer if I want to spam SLAs lol.

I did not find that my search and disable were suffering, BUT I have not done any EE traps. I always swapped in rings with high search or disable and have the +20 cove trinket on at all times.

I don't know what is happening with ranger but if you are going AA, ranger/monk monkcher builds are super super competitive now and just read a bit in the multi-class and custom builds sections of the forums. You should have an LR+20 heart, I strongly suggest you use that on your bow ranger.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    the new enhacement system has been pretty wel recieved for the most part. keep experimenting w/it. u will like it.
    I don't blame him. My main priority was my artificer and I hated the enhancements. Took an LR and much much research to fix her. Just enhancements was not doing it, and I still hate that spell-casting and rune-arm/xbow are so divided. I adapted but the first 2 weeks I was mad. The arti enhancements used to give you hybrid almost by default, now you have to experiment and think hard to get to that feel again.

I was also mad because the enhancements messed up my divine monkcher and I'm still not thrilled that I gave up aura to get top arrows. I am also disappointed in the half-elf enhancements, my only resolution was to just take ranger levels instead of dilletante ranger.

The two build types he was complaining about were hit hard... bow users and artificers had some major changes and it takes a lot of research to figure out how to get what you had again. (yes, bow is now viable and strong but you have to change and LR+20 to take advantage as not everyone had the monkcher stereotypical build)
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar

You may also want to check out Ron's Character planner. See signature.

It has the enhancements laid out in an identical manner to the live server. That way you can play around with spending AP without having to reset them on the live server.

Play around with the Arcane Archer enhancements a bit and keep an open mind. Alot of ranged type's felt as you do at first, but in reality, Ranger got much sronger IMO. Splash in a couple of slots from Deepwood Sniper and I think you might change your mind.

I can't speak about Arti's.

I cannot speak to arties, as the only two I had were a level 15 melee and a level 7 standard arti.

However, for AA, well, they got a TON stronger. Yes, slaying arrow changed. But trust me, it is a LOT stronger now. Hit damage boost and many shot, fire a slayer arrow, big numbers there. And you can imbue when you shoot the slayer arrow, so you can have force damage applied, or elemental, or whatever you want! It really is a lot better. I just finished leveling the Fury of the Wild destiny, and slayer + fury is pretty dang powerful (almost too powerful, hit fury, manyshot and slayer arrow, see a lot of 10k+ shots showing up on screen.)
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

The enhancements almost made it a whole new game. So, much of what you used to know has changed. Accept this, learn about the new stuff, and you will enjoy the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    The enhancements almost made it a whole new game. So, much of what you used to know has changed. Accept this, learn about the new stuff, and you will enjoy the game again.
    agreed.

btw...my arti is so much better now then before the new enhansment system.

Community Member

i was so dissapointed with the AA enhancements that i used the +20lr to change my ranger into a rogue. for those of you who are seeing huge amounts of damage everytime you use arrow of slaying, i say thats a bug that will be caught and fixed someday like when we used to be able to spam manyshot while on cooldown, so enjoy it while you can.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    I just finished leveling the Fury of the Wild destiny, and slayer + fury is pretty dang powerful (almost too powerful, hit fury, manyshot and slayer arrow, see a lot of 10k+ shots showing up on screen.)
    Furyshot. >.>

+
    ^
    | \
    |--)--> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ---->
    | /
    V
    =pathetic source of dps.

P.S. Stay out of pvp pits please.

Oh yah... and as far as artificers are concerned I believe there is a skill boost in one of those trees which goes up to +6.

~Somewhat Friendly Neighborhood Halfling
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Furyshot. >.>

+
    ^
    | \
    |--)--> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ----> ---->
    | /
    V
    =pathetic source of dps.

Oh yah... and as far as artificers are concerned I believe there is a skill boost in one of those trees which goes up to +6.

Trust me, I don't use it often. I mainly stay in Primal Avatar since I am mainly a caster/archer druid. However, when I am needed for a tough boss, I'll switch to Fury before going into the quest. And don't worry, I never go in PVP pits lol
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Furyshot. >.>

+
    ^
    | \
    | /
    V
    =pathetic source of dps.

what is pvp pit?

Community Member

I am sorry that you feel that way, and loss of the boost is a problem if you need it. However I would suggest you play around with the enhancements on your artificer as I found that the biggest problem with mine was that I had to focus on what I really wanted because 80 APs could not buy me all thetoys I wanted. I went for Arcane empowerment and tactical mobility in the same build but had to give up stuff I used to have... Again plan for what you want, maybe you need to multiclass to get some of it, but my experience is that almost everything can be done with the new enhancements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    Let the nerd rage flow through you. Don't hold back. I bought a lot of popcorn in anticipation for when Turbine decided to finally fix one of the many easy buttons.
    Danish migrant from DDO Europe, where I have been playing since beta.
    Thelanis (since march 2010)

In the green heart of GERMANY - where wilderness means the next village is 3 klicks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    /this.

Learn the new stuff, its much better then the old way. Mechanically and visually.
    Erzskalde (Warchanter) / Erzmarschall (melee FvS) / Erzsoldat (waiting for TR-time) / Erzschmied (ranged Artificer)

AOK - From Argonnessen