Community Member

Default What's with all the FoS conspiracy theories?

Ever since his loot post many people seem to think he's been fired or some such.

In that same week he also had a post that kept track of the weeks work he was doing. There was some loot stuff in there but also a few other projects on the go. He's a busy dev and wasn't just working on loot.

Then we get DrO pop up who is focusing on the loot and the conspiracy theories go up a notch. The team has obviously decided who is going to focus on what and DrO got the loot job. That doesn't mean FoS has been fired, it just means he's working on other stuff.

Cordovan posted repeatedly that FoS was still working for the DDO team yet still this conspiracy persists.

He's a dev, he's had his head buried in the code for ages, he pops up to calm the Ghostbane epidemic then goes back to cutting code not sitting on the forums. There is nothing strange going on.

Now for my own conspiracy theory, have you noticed the word conspiracy has piracy in it? It's not The Man or aliens behind everything, it's the pirates!
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Community Member

That's why they are epicfying 3BC. The pirates must be stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    He's a dev, he's had his head buried in the code for ages, he pops up to calm the Ghostbane epidemic then goes back to cutting code not sitting on the forums. There is nothing strange going on.
    Hold on, are you saying that Turbine doesn't pay its entire staff to actively sit on the forums all day responding to everyone's question? That's just crazy talk....so crazy I think you might be part of the zombie pirate conspiracy. FoS foresaw the coming zombpocalypse and tried to prepare us all with ghostbane, but he's been stopped by the pirates that be. Mark my word.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Community Member

well, whenever a dev makes himself visible in any gaming forum, the overwhelming "reward" is usually a great amount of bile. Justified or not, those are real persons with real feelings and technically it is not their job to interact with the community, seems reasonable to me to stay out of the fire if you can.

I have nothing to add to this post. Other then panic and doom. And I'm not entirely sure what I should be panicking about. Hint?

Quote Originally Posted by Algreg View Post
    well, whenever a dev makes himself visible in any gaming forum, the overwhelming "reward" is usually a great amount of bile. Justified or not, those are real persons with real feelings and technically it is not their job to interact with the community, seems reasonable to me to stay out of the fire if you can.
    heh, big truth

In answer to the question you posed with your thread title: wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Algreg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    heh, big truth
    Well the people whose job it technically is to interact with the community are doing a pretty poor job of it.

EDIT: It was actually in a thread about Friend In Low Places.

Who knew that the DA mechanic was screwing up more than one quest??? /sarcasm

I think its pretty clear he got reassigned from loot to something else and got a nice talking-to regarding his frank posts

The fact that he rarely posts now could be him being cautious or the result of a new "clear it with me first" policy of some type

He basically called out his superiors in the worst possible place. Even if he were correct, i dont know many superiors who are gonna put up with that

Community Member

"quote"In answer to the question you posed with your thread title: wishful thinking. "/quote"

Sorry, but I find anyone wishing a person to lose their job right before the holidays and in this economy, morally repugnant.

I am with a previous poster who said if they were a Dev they would never bother to speak on these forums. There is no upside for them. All they get is grief.

I have no problem with genuine criticism from passionate fans of the game...hell, I am guilty of that myself, but some guys on this forum really need to get some perspective.

The word "conspiracy" is simply an anagram for "ghostbane."

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    Sorry, but I find anyone wishing a person to lose their job right before the holidays and in this economy, morally repugnant.
    Even if they're "really good at their job"?

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    *snip*

Cordovan posted repeatedly that FoS was still working for the DDO team yet still this conspiracy persists.

*snip*
    This thread is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!