Community Member

Default Nothing is Hidden - does not work at all

So, after confirming in the forums that this ability uses spot instead of search I rebuilt my cleric with 5 rogue levels as an acrobat to make her viable in combat and have evasion. Not having a ton of skill pts as a first life build with mostly cleric levels I dumped search (have 4 ranks from 1st level) in favor of spot since it was confirmed that nothing is hidden uses spot and I planned to take it... making search a wasted skill.

So I took nothing is hidden, and I have a standing 46 spot at level 17... and I can't even find traps in a level 4 quest. Since it wasn't working for me at all in higher levels I tried Proof is in the Poison, my spot was working (got the you sense danger messages) and my search was working if used manually, so the trap DCs were low, but I was not auto detecting them at all. Or to put it another way, this ability does not function at all for me.

Now it's possible it was fixed to use search instead, and I was failing even low level checks since it's dumped for me and the check is -4 (as previously stated I succeeded on a regular search check.

Can anyone confirm if this was corrected to use search if if you've had similar problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Inoukchuk View Post
    So, after confirming in the forums that this ability uses spot instead of search I rebuilt my cleric with 5 rogue levels as an acrobat to make her viable in combat and have evasion. Not having a ton of skill pts as a first life build with mostly cleric levels I dumped search (have 4 ranks from 1st level) in favor of spot since it was confirmed that nothing is hidden uses spot and I planned to take it... making search a wasted skill.

So I took nothing is hidden, and I have a standing 46 spot at level 17... and I can't even find traps in a level 4 quest. Since it wasn't working for me at all in higher levels I tried Proof is in the Poison, my spot was working (got the you sense danger messages) and my search was working if used manually, so the trap DCs were low, but I was not auto detecting them at all. Or to put it another way, this ability does not function at all for me.

Now it's possible it was fixed to use search instead, and I was failing even low level checks since it's dumped for me and the check is -4 (as previously stated I succeeded on a regular search check.

Can anyone confirm if this was corrected to use search if if you've had similar problems?
    It worked fine for me on my last life. I haven't tested it since the latest patch.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

i thought "nothing is hidden" (as in the elf/drow enhancement) worked fine (at least it seemed to for my elven acrobat), and it was the epic feat "watchful eye" that was broken and using spot

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

From my experience it works very well, but only when BOTH spot and search are high enough. Just one or the other and it doesn't work.

So no help on dumping a skill and saving some skill points, but it does save time searching and is a nice perk.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drakcane View Post
    From my experience it works very well, but only when BOTH spot and search are high enough. Just one or the other and it doesn't work.

So no help on dumping a skill and saving some skill points, but it does save time searching and is a nice perk.
    Okay, good info, thx. I'll try it with +15 search gear equipped in a low level quest as a test. If this is true it may mean having to LR again to fix skills =( Then again, since I haven't been grouping her anyway I can just rely on evasion and zerg to 20 in vale (7 bubbles from 20), then TR her in a couple days.