Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    you dev respond to trolls...
    They should. The best ideas come from me.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    I can't purchase anymore so I don't see what data you're going to get... you don't give me more options to get space. All characters I actually play have all the upgrades for personal inventory and bank. I already have a gazillion character slots, some of which I play for fun, some of which hold BTA and unbound items and mats. You're not going to get any more moneyz from me unless you introduce new inventory.

I'm not sure how much data you can have as a lot of vets already have all those slots, focus on their "mains" and therefore have no reason to spend on inventory and bank slots. Perhaps you should look at how many people have MAX bank and inventory slots as a REAL indicator on how desired this feature is.
    If only a small percentage of characters have maxed out storage space, that tells them that if they add more storage only a small percentage of players will be purchasing it. So they're comparing that number vs. the number of other things that are purchased by the player base to determine what will return the most bang for the development buck.

thanks for this useful thread and explanation.

is there any chance we will see some attention to the broken quest completion timer? it is definitely something that would be very popular with the new raids coming out soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    please please please no epic 3 barrel cove unless you are trashing everything there and making it all new. the quests stink and are skipped now whenver possible as xp is bad, quests are annoying.
    Mostly agree. The lowby version now is fun, for the level, and a good intro. But an epic version shouldn't be the same quests, just harder (like most of Epic GH) and should--instead--be something like a follow on (like the raid portion of Epic GH).

I sort of threw a really rough idea of something I'd like to see in an Epic 3BC--with development challenges included, like moving airships in a busy instance--here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5191047

But, I'd love to see a continuation of the story instead of just the same quests with insane HP totals.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeNoctu View Post
    So... You're the one.

I now have all I need to plot my revenge.
    Those are freaking awesome quests!

Caveat: I love rogue mechanics and ninjas...

Community Member

Any chance Cannith Crafting will be updated any time soon to add all the new prefixes/suffixes? Or some sort of epic crafting center so we can make nifty-keen stuff like we get in epic drops?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    Hi everyone, following ProducerRowan’s letter, it seems like an opportune time to re-introduce myself to the community. You probably already know a bit of me from the dungeons I’ve created: Partycrashers, the Delirium dungeons, Blockade Buster, Undermine, I Dream of Jeets, Schemes of the Enemy, and Belly of the Beast (proper credit should also go to Keeper and Enosity for the visuals they made.)

I was lead of the content creation group while making some of those dungeons, but earlier this year I also became the lead of the design group as a whole.
    As lead, I work with Producers Rowan, Glin and Vyvyanne to figure out the strategies of who works on what and when. That’s a bit tricky, since we know that some players want nothing but content, while other players advocate new classes, or enhancements, etc. It helps that we have so many developers that are so proficient in their specialties – rather than having all the developers tripping over each other by working on the same thing, we’re organized into different teams to work on different features at once.

So here are what the different teams are working on:

• Enhancements & Epic Destinies

• The developers who specialize on character advancement systems are concentrating on addressing the Enhancement issues that the community's submitted through the bug-tracker. There are currently developers spending all of their time addressing these bugs. Looking at the numbers of enhancement bugs we're fixing compared to what's coming in through the bug reports, we're hopeful that enhancements will soon reach a point where the vast majority of players feel it’s stable and complete.

• We know that for a lot of players, “complete” means more enhancement trees. We have goals to make more trees for specific classes - we just released the Eldritch Knight for example. While we’re trying to fix as many enhancement bugs as we can for each release, we’d like to make sure we take the time to create each enhancement tree correctly, so you’ll see the trees trickle out at a slower rate.

• And, we’ve already started a similar process to crush Epic Destiny issues. There are multiple developers working on fixing the reported ED bugs, and we’re planning out how to finish out remaining trees for everyone to feel that the system is complete. Piloto has already made posts to poll the communities for ideas on the next ED.

• Treasure improvements

• Simultaneously, we have a different team dedicated to treasure features. They’re currently focused on resolving the “ghostbane” issues. Some of you may already have seen DrOctothorpe’s posts on that topic. He and the rest of the treasure team are making changes to address as much player feedback as they can for patch and Update 21, and then they’ll move on to develop new treasure to go along with the new Update 21 content.

• Some of the guys are overlapping with the character advancements team to look at the number of Commendations of Valor we’re giving out. We know that there are complaints that we’re giving out too few, and we’re working to address that. Some of what’s making it complex is that we want to give out the right number not only for the immediate short-term, but that it’ll stay the right number 6 months from now or 2 years from now.

• New dungeons

• Yes, we also have a whole separate team busily making brand new content too, as well as fixing bugs in old content. We know this is the bread & butter of DDO, so this is our largest team.
        BTW, I haven’t stopped working on new dungeons. I’m about to go back and put some more work into the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. Working with Ed Greenwood has been a blast, and he’s certainly set an ambitious target. The Haunted Halls already has more gameplay than what I put in any of my previous dungeons and there’s still much more to go!

Aside from the efforts going into those priorities, there is also planning and setup work going into the future features that ProducerRowan mentioned. Don’t worry, it’s not our intent to simply ignore systems such as Housing or Crafting either – we’ll get to those once we’re through with our current pushes with core features like Enhancements and Epic Destinies .

A final thing before I head back into dungeon work – we’re really trying to keep the flow of communication going. Over the next few weeks, developers from each of the disciplines will be talking about what’s happening in their particular specialties. This is to give the players the information you’re asking for, but it’s also to help the developers get the feedback they need to properly take DDO where everyone wants it to go!

- PurpleFooz
    This is the kind of quality communication DDO needs more of. It is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    The thing is, I would love to see EPIC WW, Tempest Spine and certainly also the titan raid. However there need also to be a backstory and not just putting an epic label on those. The backstory for GH was pretty clear to finish the story of the Trutheful-One. However this should also mean not just reuse old locations and mechanics.
    Not even Gianthold was well-handled in this department. Prison of Planes got a different final boss (and final boss monologue), but every other quest (including the rest of PoP) was just the exactly same quest as heroic. The chain had a slightly different storyline, but the quests themselves are the same. And it gets weird when you consider that both chains are supposed to be two different storylines in the same place.

• They should have switched the "prisoners" in PoP, even if the theme of each room were the same.
    • Madstone could have to be worked in reverse, to reactivate the madstone spell, and then destroying the skeletal warlock to deactivate it again for real.
    • Crucible could have different champions, different maze layout, different trap types on the agility test, different stat check on the instinct test, etc
    • Cabal should DEFINITELLY have another King, and another reason to kill the usurpers instead of the same old tale. I don't like it being placed as a flagging quest because it kills the rivality between hobgoblins and orcs we see on Feast, but the relic excuse could work.
    • Feast, Trial, Maze, Cry and Foundation all had to change the named mobs around, AND provide at least one small change in the quest storyline.
    • When I first entered Epic Tor, I thought the new endfight was awesome. New caster, respawning skeletal mobns, ritual casting. Awesome! Then I rerun it on heroic and noticed it was also switched there. Why?I mean, you stop the ritual in heroic only to the epic guy (that IS a different named boss) just repeat the same ritual all along? It doesn't makes sense. Specially if you consider that during the epic GH storyline, the Stormreaver is free from his madness and could had stopped him.

I seriously hope that Epic 3BC don't get the same mistake they did on GH storyline. Either you should not focus in the story at all and consider the epic version a bonus (VoN, Sands, Carnival, Sentinels, Fens), or you really work on Epic version to make it distinct from Heroic.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I disagree with this statement. I comment only to make it clear that there is a portion of the player base that is not high on raiding. Some are, but some aren't.

I wanted to emphasize this ^^. I despise epics that are just the heroics with inflated stats. The idea of epic Kobolds in any quantity is... offensive. Yes, re-use the dungeons. But when content is made epic, the population of that content should be changed to something more reasonable.

I know that complicates development, but failing to do so is just a cop out and really undermines a lot of otherwise fantastic work.

For example, y'all did some great work in the eGH wilderness, but then I pop into a Cabal for One and I'm fighting Hobos. On the power curve Hobos should average maybe level 6, and no more than maybe 1% should ever pass level 13. A level 24 Hobo is the Elminster of his people. He is a raid boss... not the fodder I am wading through.
    I would like to see a massive, all out attack by kobolds and hobgoblins and so on. I don't think their level needs to be increased - we can kill them en masse. They would pose a problem b/c some hits would get through - like the 1000 6HD archers firing at the healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    I would like to see a massive, all out attack by kobolds and hobgoblins and so on. I don't think their level needs to be increased - we can kill them en masse. They would pose a problem b/c some hits would get through - like the 1000 6HD archers firing at the healer...

And suddenly, servers shut down~
    Keep on rollin'.

Community Member

Default New Epics in 3bc

When you re-do 3bc:

1) please use different dungeons. 3bc already has quite a bit of dungeon-reusage already. Give me something new, please. Not just different traps or whatever, give me different stories. Maybe in epic 3bc you have to venture into a different crack in the volcano to attack the dragon below or something (or his avatar, or whatever).
    2) Feel free to have similar quest-models, but new quests. For example, keep the rakham's trail quest, but make it a raid, with two teams completing separate puzzles (think Abbot), and have an entirely new randomized puzzle setting for us to have to do.
    3) Give us a raid. Let us fight some kind of giant airship battle with what's his face up on the mountain. Seriously, give us something besides runrunrunkillkillkill. That's what 3bc is all about. The quests are puzzle-based, make it so.
    4) Please give us a quest called "Meeble's Revenge" where the kobold that we made walk the plank forces us into a gauntlet of unbelievably deadly traps (this could be the epic version of prove your worth) to punish us for killing him earlier in our lives. Make him a raid boss. Give him abbot-like powers. Make him the most feared kobold in the game. Let him shoot fireballs out his arse and cast time-stop and everything. Make him ooze awesomeness so that he makes us forget all about ghostbane.
    5) go reread 4) and do that. it sounds more awesome every time I read it.

We have engineers looking at additional storage space. There are a lot of different types of storage we could be working on, and it is often driven by data on what players are asking for as well as purchasing.
    Thank you for the additional shared bank space, although that does not solve my bound to character problems, much loot can be shifted there temporary, it helps.

Thank you for allowing extremely pricing on the shard auction house, effectively increasing btcoe space by 20.
    So far, I usually have been able to avoid destroy then TR then buy back, although I have destroy a lot of named loot over time.

I would enjoy some sort of player housing if done right, if it includes storage.
    Some players have also brought up concerns about our intent to epify 3BC. We’re keeping a close eye on those threads, and Knockback is explicitly going to be clarifying our plans and taking in more player feedback. It looks like just as many players are currently asking for epic 3BC as there are against, but we also believe we can address many of the concerns of those who are against it.
    Very Neutral on this point, hardly played it.
    Tried to loot the awesome bow out of there, with no success.

Hoping to see Epic Greensteel within the next two years.
    Also, I see various questions about what we’re including in our plans for enhancements. Are we just introducing new trees, are we rebalancing/fixing other trees? The answer is that we want to do as much as the community wants us to do. Piloto’s threads are a good place to express what you want to get out of it.
    Thank you, overall I am pleased with DDO.
    Much has been changed and change takes time to adjust to.

Community Member

Default Low Level content and stop the arms race

I love all the new high level and epic content, but how about making it more fun to TR and discover new low level content? DDO seems to be in an arms race of higher levels, more powerful gear, bigger buffs, and so on. I'd love to revisit a time when a +2 sword was a big deal, and a stat of 18 was impressive, not laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I seriously hope that Epic 3BC don't get the same mistake they did on GH storyline. Either you should not focus in the story at all and consider the epic version a bonus (VoN, Sands, Carnival, Sentinels, Fens), or you really work on Epic version to make it distinct from Heroic.
    I somewhat agree there.

However, I'm still really hoping that Sentinels gets finished, both 3BC and Sentinels seem to form a pretty good story arc and would probably work well together for a Saga...

2015 DDO Players Council MangLord's Avatar

I'd most like to see a new tree for Fighter enhancements. Easily the saddest class as far as enhancement trees. Stalwart Defender is ok, but why play that when tanking is barely useful and Paladins's Sacred Defender is much better? Can you think of one quest where having a tank is absolutely necessary? I can't, which makes me wonder why there are two different trees devoted to it.

Kensei is ok, except that half the enhancements were designed for monks. Why does a fighter need bonuses to concentration? Why would I need to be centered with my chosen weapon if I don't want any monk levels? Just before the enhancement trees changed, I planned for a dwarven fighter dual wielding dwarven axes, and collected a ton of axes to use for my next life. It was fine, except that kensei bonuses only apply to your main hand weapon, so again, better suited for two handed fighting or monks. Basically, by level 16 I ran out of decent enhancements to spend points on, and used my +20 heart to respec as a tempest ranger. In doing so, I got evasion, self heals, cool two weapon attack clickies, and a comparable damage output at the loss of a point of critical threat range and the use of heavy armor. Frankly, I was annoyed at the amount of monkish **** in the kensei tree. Monks already have three well designed trees to choose from, while fighter got swept under the rug.

Fighter has a good tree for sword and board, and an ok two handed fighting tree. What it needs is a good two weapon fighting tree. Something like Ranger Tempest, akin to to similarities between Sacred and Stalwart Defenders. There needs to be a reason for someone to want to play a pure fighter, or make TRing through fighter life interesting without being forced to splash in other classes to keep from hating it. If you choose to go the kensei route, then half the kensei tree is useless without monk levels, and half the defender tree is useless if you've specialized in greatweapons.

Druid, Paladin and Artificer trees are also a bit lackluster, in my opinion. Unlike fighter, at least they're synergistic enough to spend extra points in the other tree when you have all you want in your primary. Each class should have three options.

One other issue I find with the enhancement trees is that no matter what class it is, I feel like between levels 12-15 I can handle the quests rather easily with the top tier enhancements that I have, because they actually work most of the time. By the time I'm doing elite Wheloon, Vale and other 18+ content, my abilities are still just as good as they were at level 12, only the enemies are exponetially tougher. For example, my dwarven axe fighter was hacking through gianthold like a savage on elite, then a week later he can barely stay alive against ogres in Vale. I don't know if devils and ogres have very high PRR, but his criticals steadily got smaller and smaller the higher the level of content, yet they gained more HP and did more damage to me. Eventually I got disgusted enough to switch to tempest and realized just how pathetic the fighter trees really were. All the feats in the world can't make up for feeble enhancement trees.

As far as content goes, I would prefer to see more heroic content. There's more than enough epic content. I feel like the top of the pyramid has a gleaming golden capstone, while the bottom is crumbling and starting to decay.

I can easily reach level 25 while only getting halfway through the Caught In The Web chain. Really great quests, good story, and overall very well done. Run a few epic VON and Gianthold quests, and reaching 25 is a piece of cake. On the other hand, I have to suffer through a lot of quests that I don't particularly like at levels 5-8, and 17-20. Making High Road heroic helped the grind, as well as the addition of Wheloon, but I'm honestly not too crazy about either chain. Wheloon elites are insanely difficult at level, and those chain attacks are incredibly overpowered. Stormhorns are awesome, but not something I want to break an elite streak on so close to TR.

By the time I'm around level 17, I'm just wishing to fight normal orcs, oozes and zombies again. The stories are really great in the existing content, don't get me wrong, but I'm longing for a little bit of classic dungeon crawling at that point. I just don't want to see another mind flayer, demon or beholder for a while.

I feel like a couple more level 1 or 2 quests would liven things up in the Harbor quite a bit. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm always underleveled by a rank or two by the time I finish Korthos elites and get sick of the wilderness slayers. Some new blood for levels -10 would be really nice for people on the completionist route. Just my two cents.

I'd like to add that less is more, when it comes to enemies. It seems like a lot of the newest content depends heavily on swarm tactics, which is terrible for normal people without top end gaming PCs.

Almost every time I've tried Friends In Low Places on elite, we get a party wipe at the end because everyone has completely lagged out. My guild leader took a screen shot of his mutilated corpse surrounded by no fewer than 30 thugs, while the rest were easily running down his wife and I on our red dungeon alert as I was trying to sprint down the corridor while seeing maybe every tenth frame. 12 enemies with 3x the HP would be just as challenging, only our computers wouldn't all simultaneously be hit with Stunning Fist.

Spinner of Shadows is a good example of a great, challenging end fight. (The whole LoD chain, actually) There's not a whopping, computer melting horde of enemies, but they're tough as nails and my character is always running back to the center for heals the second I draw hezggro.

Hi everyone, following ProducerRowan’s letter, it seems like an opportune time to re-introduce myself to the community. You probably already know a bit of me from the dungeons I’ve created: Partycrashers, the Delirium dungeons, Blockade Buster, Undermine, I Dream of Jeets, Schemes of the Enemy, and Belly of the Beast (proper credit should also go to Keeper and Enosity for the visuals they made.)

I was lead of the content creation group while making some of those dungeons, but earlier this year I also became the lead of the design group as a whole.
    Well you earned it, those dungeons and quests are great fun, I enjoy them immensely each life.

Ever since update 19, I've questioned the amount of work I put into crafting. I used to make all my own gear up until level 13-15, and now I have to scour the auction house for hyperinflated prices on a bunch of stuff I can't make. It was bad enough when I broke down and shelled out $60k for a new banishing weapon, but now I feel gimpy if I don't have seeker and deadly +6 on my melee characters.

When was the last time crafting was updated? By the looks of it, it seems to top out at around level 11-12. Spellpower shards only go up to +66, which isn't fun when you're trying to boost your epic ranger's measly heals. They're basically useless when Epic Gianthold hobgoblins are hitting me for about 100pts a shot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    If only a small percentage of characters have maxed out storage space, that tells them that if they add more storage only a small percentage of players will be purchasing it. So they're comparing that number vs. the number of other things that are purchased by the player base to determine what will return the most bang for the development buck.
    However if a majority of players are complaining about the lack of storage AND there is a small percentage of active players who upgraded their storage, it might point to the price point of storage being a bit too high for most players.

Also, the focus and push from Turbine for the past year has been on increasing and selling BTA storage while at the same time making most new items and converting a majority of old unbound items into BTC items. This doesn't help or solve any problems, it just exasperates a pre-existing problem even further.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast