Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    thats exactly how it should be done. thanks for that!

i belong to the ppl that like the idea of epic 3bc altho i never played much of it but i think it could be fun, also cuz i hope that the slayer area will be epic as well and therefore (i hope) drop epic rare items (something completely new in ddo if im not mistaken?!).
    I like 3BC generally, and we need more epic content. So I don't really understand the objections to epifying 3BC myself, provided they take some time to fix the issues with the explorer area (needs teleport locations badly).

Think I'd rather see epic restless isles & Titan or epic Shan To Kor though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleFooz View Post
    We’re looking into dungeon alert. We’re still getting a handle on all the technical goals and the feasibility of different options, so it’s not something we’re currently prepared to have an informed discussion on yet. Please bear with us.
    We’re also planning a 2nd pass of XP adjustments for a future update.
    Thanks, it's good this thing is on radar. Until a better fix, could you just handle the few individual quests hand by hand? Belly of the Beast, most of Shadowfell, that's pretty much it.

Just remove the scaling from the amount of mobs, the enemies already get more HP/damage, why add more (already harder) opponents against bigger parties? I personally would remove that scaling factor in general, but especially in the alert-inducing quests.

Smile Hopes

I have hope that epic 3BC can be incredibly enjoyable. I hope they give us some new storyline that ties all the quests together. I would prefer most animal and vermin type creatures removed from the quests and explorer zone, really epic has no place for such things unless they are named creatures, some unique specimen that has survived the ages quietly growing in power.

Also this cannot be said enough... there is a giant white arch between the location of the scrag rare and the little dancing kobold island, this enormous white arch does not have an explorer location currently, but it should. Furthermore, it looks like the doorway into some vast ruin, large enough for a dragon perhaps. This arch begs to be used. Give it an explorer location. Give it a mysterious quest.

If any of these suggestion has been said before, my apologies, I don't have the time to read all the pages in a thread anymore.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

We have engineers looking at additional storage space. There are a lot of different types of storage we could be working on, and it is often driven by data on what players are asking for as well as purchasing.
    I can't purchase anymore so I don't see what data you're going to get... you don't give me more options to get space. All characters I actually play have all the upgrades for personal inventory and bank. I already have a gazillion character slots, some of which I play for fun, some of which hold BTA and unbound items and mats. You're not going to get any more moneyz from me unless you introduce new inventory.

I'm not sure how much data you can have as a lot of vets already have all those slots, focus on their "mains" and therefore have no reason to spend on inventory and bank slots. Perhaps you should look at how many people have MAX bank and inventory slots as a REAL indicator on how desired this feature is.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Community Member

Also, I see various questions about what we’re including in our plans for enhancements. Are we just introducing new trees, are we rebalancing/fixing other trees? The answer is that we want to do as much as the community wants us to do. Piloto’s threads are a good place to express what you want to get out of it.
    I just don't believe you on this.

When the number of trees that multiclasses could get was expanded from 3 to 6, pure class players were worried that they would be ignored again. We were assured that as a minimum when it came to power that Capstones would be as powerful or more powerful than Evasion. The Devs then proceeded to do nothing to increase power of capstones since they were originally unveiled.

And even if the Capstones were increased to match the power of Evasion, it ignores the fact that all Core Abilities are weak especially compared to stuff available in the trees that need 5 levels or less. Core Abilities, especially those in the upper levels need a major boost besides capstones. Capstones and the core abilities are competing with Evasion and up to 4 trees of abilities (with several of the weaker classes having only two trees, like Bard and Paladin).

The Dev need to look at what is gained with 2 levels of Paladin or Monk and 6 levels of Monk and adjust the Core Abilities and Capstones to meet those very "abused" splashes.

But I don't think this will happen, since I brought up several times in MOTU beta about the weak capstones and Devs repeatedly said that there was nothing wrong with capstones and that players were asking for too much power in the capstones. So nothing was done in the past year and three or four months because the Devs themselves shut down communication when it came to capstones. Even with players expressing how bad the capstones are. And even though players continue to joke about things like more than 4 levels of Paladin makes builds bad.

This doesn't even touch on people's concerns about particular trees that didn't involve Sorc or Cleric (which were the only places the Devs showed interest in fixing).

So no, I don't believe you when you say that there's going to be anything to rebalance enhancements because when it came to the simple job of making Capstones viable, you shut down debate about it and ignored players' concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemerge View Post
    <snip>raids are always a great idea <snip>
    I disagree with this statement. I comment only to make it clear that there is a portion of the player base that is not high on raiding. Some are, but some aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemerge View Post
    "Kobolds always remember Waterworks" ... i don't want eWW ... i want the Sequel ... "Revenge of the Gnashtooth" ... Avatar of Kurtulmak ... Epic Fiendish Kobold Shamans ... and the Kobold-Trademark: Traps ... let them take revenge for the tenthousands of slaughtered Kobs.
    I wanted to emphasize this ^^. I despise epics that are just the heroics with inflated stats. The idea of epic Kobolds in any quantity is... offensive. Yes, re-use the dungeons. But when content is made epic, the population of that content should be changed to something more reasonable.

I know that complicates development, but failing to do so is just a cop out and really undermines a lot of otherwise fantastic work.

For example, y'all did some great work in the eGH wilderness, but then I pop into a Cabal for One and I'm fighting Hobos. On the power curve Hobos should average maybe level 6, and no more than maybe 1% should ever pass level 13. A level 24 Hobo is the Elminster of his people. He is a raid boss... not the fodder I am wading through.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Thumbs down Bug Reporting

...We do want to fix all bugs. But please, please bug-report it. That feeds into our internal bug tracking. That’s a lot more efficient and isn’t likely to be overlooked like forum posts of bugs.
    Hello 'Fooz.

Question: How many of your players utilize the forums, as a percentage? You all calculate this.

Statement: You look terrible silly and forgive me but inept asking for the players to use the bug reporting tool that you (Turbine) can NOT repair. The bug report from ingame is down and has been for a very long time.

As I play the game I enjoy so much I find bugs and I get frustrated by them. Sometimes I bug report them, but that means going to desktop and opening the forums and the bug page, and I am used to going to the forums and have them bookmarked. How many of your non-forum using players do you think will bug report if they have to leave the game/drop to desk top and then go to the forums that they don't care to use in the first place?

So, seriously, bug report it as a constant mantra from you (Turbine staff) who can't even repair the bug reporting tool is so incredibly...inane. Of ALL the bugs reported, the very bug of YOUR bug reporting tool being down should be fixed so that WE may bug report as you ask. If you cannot fix it, well...how does that help our confidence in your ability to repair ANY bug if you cannot repair a high priority (isn't the broken bug reporting tool a high priority?) bug like your own broken bug report???

I love the game, I feel that Turbine has a lot of talented people who care about doing a good job. Some days, the egg on their face comes from them, not us nor our volatile emotional states (yeah, players are volatile).
    Thumbed_Servant (to 3 cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 22 clr/ Pixsie 20 rog/ Muhther25 clr/ Sheolah 2-14 multi(rog/wiz)/ Heidie 2-7multi(rgr/clr)/ Grindhaus 23 ftr/ Slashira 20 ftr/ Commandur 11 clr

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    FTFY.

Lets be clear about this: Monks aren't the problem. Awesome front loading is the problem.
    LOLz. . . DC 75-80 insta-kill SURE IS BALANCED.

/not

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    LOLz. . . DC 75-80 insta-kill SURE IS BALANCED.

/not
    Stop complaining, I can hit that easy with my cleric.

No wait, sorry - can't.

With my PM then.

Hm. Yeah, sorry again - that's a non-starter.

With my paladin though, sure thing.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

Some players have also brought up concerns about our intent to epify 3BC. We’re keeping a close eye on those threads, and Knockback is explicitly going to be clarifying our plans and taking in more player feedback. It looks like just as many players are currently asking for epic 3BC as there are against, but we also believe we can address many of the concerns of those who are against it.
    I love 3BC and can't wait to see it epic. It has some of the best quests in the game.

Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

Community Member

Some players have also brought up concerns about our intent to epify 3BC. We’re keeping a close eye on those threads, and Knockback is explicitly going to be clarifying our plans and taking in more player feedback. It looks like just as many players are currently asking for epic 3BC as there are against, but we also believe we can address many of the concerns of those who are against it.
    Regarding Epic 3BC, it seems about evenly split on people looking forward and people against it. That's about the same split for raising the cap from 20 to 25. Epic 3BC will have less impact and less damage to the game than the cap being raised did, so I see no reason not to go forward with it.

I enjoy 3BC and won't complain about it being made epic.

However, the primary complaint against it is quite valid. Demons, Devils, Dragons; these are epic things. Hobgoblins and Minotaurs (and humanoids in general) are NOT epic.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    I enjoy 3BC and won't complain about it being made epic.

However, the primary complaint against it is quite valid. Demons, Devils, Dragons; these are epic things. Hobgoblins and Minotaurs (and humanoids in general) are NOT epic.
    That's more of an argument on why the Forgotten Realms as a whole post-MOTU has been horrible along with the stop-kill-advance design of all the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    I can't purchase anymore so I don't see what data you're going to get... you don't give me more options to get space. All characters I actually play have all the upgrades for personal inventory and bank. I already have a gazillion character slots, some of which I play for fun, some of which hold BTA and unbound items and mats. You're not going to get any more moneyz from me unless you introduce new inventory.

I'm not sure how much data you can have as a lot of vets already have all those slots, focus on their "mains" and therefore have no reason to spend on inventory and bank slots. Perhaps you should look at how many people have MAX bank and inventory slots as a REAL indicator on how desired this feature is.
    Well said! +1

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SisAmethyst View Post
    The thing is, I would love to see EPIC WW, Tempest Spine and certainly also the titan raid. However there need also to be a backstory and not just putting an epic label on those. The backstory for GH was pretty clear to finish the story of the Trutheful-One. However this should also mean not just reuse old locations and mechanics.

Regarding Threnal. Coyle has probably meanwhile a medal and sit in his chair lamenting how he saved the world, you don't just redo this protecting quest with more HP, but spin the story further. Something like that he come to you to save once again his but, because he can count on you with the promise he will stay out of the danger zone. Then you may enter in the same quest entrance but actually after some meter the floor has cracked, just like the crack in the Harbor, with hundred of spiders crawling out. So parts of the Quest reused, but then branch into a different are, with different monsters. A quest should be like reading a good book, with a story that maybe turns unexpected and surprise you. At least the first time through.
    Another idea for Coyle would be to replace "Holding for Reinforcements" with a quest in which you need to fight back wave after wave of undead until the last wave, in which the newly minted vampire Coyle must be defeated ... to finish the quest. His special power could be "Time Stop" or a souped-up "Slow Time" spell, so that players could enjoy eliminating the "Time Vampire" Coyle.

I'm being serious. Coyle is so hated that he's practically an internet meme. You'll probably revive more interest in Threnal by switching Coyle to an evil undead and by having a sense of humor in how you handle him than you could through just about any other change you could make to the pack.
    Last edited by EnjoyTheMoment; 12-12-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Community Member

really
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    You need a team dedicated to nerfing monks.

you dev respond to trolls... come on look at there accounts and see how much money they have spend on the game, and lives they have tred..... Now listen to players that play the game... That is all I am asking.
    RoJox look me up
    With respect always
    First and for most Empire guild spend more then 5k or more on the game can you say that?

By the way, since I'm apparently falling behind on my 'repeating the obvious' quota for the year:

When are we going to see racial enhancement PRE tree unlocks so we can give fully informed feedback on the current state of capstones instead of evaluating it on a portion of the system?

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    When are we going to see racial enhancement PRE tree unlocks so we can give fully informed feedback on the current state of capstones instead of evaluating it on a portion of the system?
    My sense is that their eyes were bigger than their stomachs when they talked about adding racial prestiges for all races. It's pretty unlikely we'll be getting any new racial prestiges since it wasn't even mentioned in the plans for 2014. That means it would be 18 months after the expansion pass went live that they'd even begin working on them.

Unfortunately this is another arrow in the quiver of the complaints about half-finished systems.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My sense is that their eyes were bigger than their stomachs when they talked about adding racial prestiges for all races. It's pretty unlikely we'll be getting any new racial prestiges since it wasn't even mentioned in the plans for 2014. That means it would be 18 months after the expansion pass went live that they'd even begin working on them.

Unfortunately this is another arrow in the quiver of the complaints about half-finished systems.
    We could also ask for plain class enhancement trees... Because after all not everybody want's to be a Prestige Class.
    And this kind of tree could bring back things that were scrapped from the old system. ( like skill bonuses for example )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by TheRobai View Post
    Thanks!
    Just keep in mind that +20 slots won't solve the problem (need like +200 slots at least, also make the storage sortable by: 1) ML, 2) name, 3) type (belt/ring/etc), 4) raid/named/random item, 5) binding (btc/bta/unbound)).
    Also, name-able bags and search boxes on all of the larger bags would be great. LotRO has some great storage systems...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast