Default quick ranger mechanics question

is there anything granted by the ranger class thats doesnt work anymore when wearing medium armor?
    (not counting evasion or some enhancements which need light or no armor)

The short answer is no. Outside evasion there's really nothing.

It bears mentioning that Rangers are only naturally proficient in light armor so you would either need to take the heavy armor feat or multiclass into something that already has it. Otherwise you will be stuck with the Armor Check Penalty applying to your to hit rolls.
    "I gots me a bad feeling about this..."

Quote Originally Posted by GrrArgh View Post
    The short answer is no. Outside evasion there's really nothing.

It bears mentioning that Rangers are only naturally proficient in light armor so you would either need to take the heavy armor feat or multiclass into something that already has it. Otherwise you will be stuck with the Armor Check Penalty applying to your to hit rolls.
    How much of a hit are we talking about here? I've got a massive bonus to to-hit, and was just wondering this morning if maybe wearing heavy armour for the PRR would be an acceptable trade-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    How much of a hit are we talking about here? I've got a massive bonus to to-hit, and was just wondering this morning if maybe wearing heavy armour for the PRR would be an acceptable trade-off.
    -4 for non-proficiency (The item will show you when you scroll over it to verify) but with the 'new' to-hit mechanic it is a lot worse than just -4 (or 20%). I ran around on accident in Medium Plate and the penalty was very noticeable. Still wore it until I got out of the adventure to switch to something else

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't get the PRR bonus for armor unless you ARE proficient for it...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't get the PRR bonus for armor unless you ARE proficient for it...
    This is correct too. Really not worth it in any case, Evasion will in general be far more important (Especially if you take 3/3 Evasive Dance from Tempest, which makes Evasion act as Improved Evasion.
    Knight of the Silver Legion, part of Guild Medieval