Community Member FlaviusMaximus's Avatar

Default Players getting killed in public areas

There was a killer on the loose in the Thelanis Harbor a few minutes ago. It would appear that there is something going on where light Monk finishing moves cause harmful Shiradi procs if you are in that destiny. My guess is that it has something to do with Rainbow and/or Double Rainbow.

This is probably old news to many of you. It's the first time I've seen it, so I thought I would share.

Torturing lowbies with this bug likely results in an unwanted temporary to permanent vacation from DDO, so I wouldn't recommend using this information to wreak havoc.

I think more than one epic destiny feature is causing problems. I took the ED Shadow Training II feature yesterday, and Faster Sneaking on the heroic enhancements line was already present. The ED seems to be cancelling the Faster Sneaking out. I'm creeping along as slow as a turtle.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlaviusMaximus View Post
    There was a killer on the loose in the Thelanis Harbor a few minutes ago. It would appear that there is something going on where light Monk finishing moves cause harmful Shiradi procs if you are in that destiny. My guess is that it has something to do with Rainbow and/or Double Rainbow.

This is probably old news to many of you. It's the first time I've seen it, so I thought I would share.

Torturing lowbies with this bug likely results in an unwanted temporary to permanent vacation from DDO, so I wouldn't recommend using this information to wreak havoc.
    Muhahahahahahahahaha.

I mean, thats bad. Top priority fix needed. Treatement along the lines of ED twisting in heroics.

If anyone is looking for me, I will be in some very populated area.

Rather than ED powers, might it be Colors of the Queen?
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

In a cozy little place just south of Hell

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    nope, I am going to tell you what it was that killed the poor people in the harbor on Thelanis. It was me. I farted
    Mobility, proud leader of Bane on Thelanis ~ I am either loved or hated, there is no in between. (Self declared Ultimate Piker, though I now give my crown to Ranit. He has guildies log his toons and play his toons for him. Getting xp and not even playing the game? He wins)

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    That's entirely possible. The player I observed was in Shiradi, which is why I suspected it was coming from there. The player was also level 28, and although it isn't out of the question that someone could have epic TR'd and leveled back to 28 by now, I thought it was more likely that it was a Shiradi effect.

It very well may have been coming from Colors of the Queen though, assuming that my guess about a Shiradi type proc coming from the light monk finishing move is correct. I suppose it could have been either.

I'll do some testing with the finishing moves and Shiradi. It was Grasp of the Earth Dragon (not sure if it matters) if anyone wants to do any testing of their own.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 12-09-2013 at 12:52 AM.

OK, I tested it. I was worried that people might report me if I ran around seeing if it worked on them, then I remembered that I saw the aforementioned person affect himself with it and realized I could just try it on the airship so there was nothing stopping me from testing.

Rainbow + Grasp of the Earth Dragon causes damage procs. Didn't try Double Rainbow or other light finishers. No reason why Colors of the Queen and light finishing moves shouldn't do this also.

The player was also level 28, and although it isn't out of the question that someone could have epic TR'd and leveled back to 28 by now, I thought it was more likely that it was a Shiradi effect.
    whut???

uhm, 4th epic pl done, and i'm not even running fast.
    Got guildies with more of those epic pastlives.....

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    whut???

Hey, if you've got the time for it, have at it. I haven't tried it and have no idea how long it takes if you put your nose to the grindstone.
    Last edited by FlaviusMaximus; 12-09-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Doing this in a raid group/on guild ship might be fun, but doing that to new players in Korthos or Harbor isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    whut???

Thanks for paying Turbine.

MY question now becomes: Is this working in dungeons?

cuz if so, this will make leveling through Shiradi on my monk SO MUCH BETTER

Edit: i just realized that this is actually going to make leveling through Shiradi even worse. Because Light finishers target friendlies, and not mobs, the Shiradi Procs will follow the same behavior, meaning that I'll either have to avoid taking anything in the tree with a proc attached, or avoid using Finishers
    Last edited by Asmodeus451; 12-09-2013 at 05:11 AM.
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

something is wrong with Grasp of earth dragon treating - as when i used it on my druid monk, it gave me not only benefit of finnisher but also bequile debuff from my enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by Ykt View Post
    Doing this in a raid group/on guild ship might be fun, but doing that to new players in Korthos or Harbor isn't.

Thanks for paying Turbine.
    last 2 things i bought were the expansion packs, i wasn't happy with the epic content and kept tr-ing (tokens a plenty) that resulted in lots of tp, with a tr a week, roughly 40 times between expansion packs, 2500 favor each life (at least).
    with the tp from the expansions and the tr-ing i plenty of tp for etr hearts (bought during sales), i pick up 4200 fail coms every 2 lives (roughly).

i was so disgusted by the low quality of U19 (most of the forgotten realms stuff was pretty bad to start with though) that i stopped spending money on turbine.
    My biggest regret is paying money for that U19 double pack.
    No (more) real money was spend on ETR hearts, merely points i earned through tr-ing.
    Something i will continue to do once i got enough of etr-ing or run out of etr hearts.
    On the bright side: Etr-ing allows me to get plenty of epic tokens, that way i can relive the content i enjoy.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Good find on whoever figured that one out in the first place.

If a player is doing this, and the player is reported enough, yes, they will get a three day ban.

The WOW City of Bones Exploit
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I'm just glad that Turbine is spending their time "fixing" Burden of Guilt instead of wasting it on things like preventing actual griefing.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful