Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    No problem, just wanted to be ready She can just sit there till everyone else is ready. I'm also still open to playing something else...maybe a Halfling artificer. We'll see what we end up with
    I've got to figure out how to build my monk, too. I was thinking dex based, but seeing as he will be in Mountain stance most of the time for RP reasons he might be best off being a str monk. Also I haven't built a monk in ages so I need to read up on the changes. I guess it really doesn't matter too bad, not like we're going to be running EE.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    The best PVP in this game happens in the forums. Usually when someone brings up the need for more PVP.

Community Member

No problem, just wanted to be ready She can just sit there till everyone else is ready. I'm also still open to playing something else...maybe a Halfling artificer. We'll see what we end up with
    Sorry...I didn't know you were fixing to play so quickly and haven't checked in for a few days. I think I'll go wizard.

Oh and I'm a guy BTW

I haven't mapped out a build yet. If anyone has any suggestions in that area let me know. Looking forward to joining you.

TS

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightsong View Post
    Sorry...I didn't know you were fixing to play so quickly and haven't checked in for a few days. I think I'll go wizard.

Oh and I'm a guy BTW

I haven't mapped out a build yet. If anyone has any suggestions in that area let me know. Looking forward to joining you.

TS
    I don't think there's any real hurry, I just wanted to be ready, just in case, and a caster druid isn't really that complicated to plan out, so it only took a few minutes to get it made up and parked in the tavern

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightsong View Post

Oh and I'm a guy BTW

TS
    If you're going for a standard casting Wizard, the usual thing is to max out Int and Con and put the rest in Str to avoid encumbrance. They're not complex to build stat-wise. The main thing you'll need to figure out are feats, since Wizards get a lot of them.
    The best PVP in this game happens in the forums. Usually when someone brings up the need for more PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishcatch22 View Post
    So, I;m assuming our group is currently going to break down like this

Me, Monk
    Rezo, Barbarian/rogue
    Arianrhod, Druid
    Twilightsong, Wiz/sorc

I think a good time would be 8 PM CST each Monday on the Orien server.

Is all of the above correct and agreeable?

Also, have you made any decisions as far as character goes TwlightSong?
    Ok, are we meeting on the snow side and what date are we going to start????
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by rezo View Post
    Ok, are we meeting on the snow side and what date are we going to start????
    Yes we are, and we're mostly waiting for TwlightSong at this point; he says he is still figuring out his character. Hopefully next Monday.

Community Member

Yes we are, and we're mostly waiting for TwlightSong at this point; he says he is still figuring out his character. Hopefully next Monday.
    Cyrilath Calmund the human apprentice wizard has arrived on Korthos island. He dreams someday of being an archmage of illusion and enchantment.

He will be in the tavern awaiting adventure tomorrow.

Default Interested in another?

I would be available Monday evenings if you guys can use another. I could build any character except favored soul probably. I think I would prefer a human cleric but up to any suggestions. Please let me know if you guys are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeaddil View Post
    I would be available Monday evenings if you guys can use another. I could build any character except favored soul probably. I think I would prefer a human cleric but up to any suggestions. Please let me know if you guys are interested.
    We certainly would; a Cleric wouldn't be a bad addition to our team and we still have 2 possible spots available. What flavor of cleric interests you? We have a druid already who can help you heal, so you wouldn't be limited to healbotting.

Metamorphion (best non-taken name I could come up with...) the Staff-wielding dwarven earth monk will be awaiting the arrival of his group tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeaddil View Post
    We certainly would; a Cleric wouldn't be a bad addition to our team and we still have 2 possible spots available. What flavor of cleric interests you? We have a druid already who can help you heal, so you wouldn't be limited to healbotting.
    As the aforementioned druid, just wanted to mention I've been considering artificer as an alternative, in case a backup trapper turns out to work out better for the group than a backup healer. So don't feel like you need to go for something other than cleric if that's your first choice - I think most of us are willing to be flexible with roles while we're getting the group sorted out

Default Cleric

I would probably follow EllisDee37's cleric build https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-new-players.

I'm kinda new to role playing but came up with the following:

Although his facination with death and the spirit realm can lure to a dark side, due to his parents deaths in House Pharlian's relocation project of the poor, his need to help the poor usually outweighs any tendancys to a darker path.

His name is Taedrael Hawklin

As the aforementioned druid, just wanted to mention I've been considering artificer as an alternative, in case a backup trapper turns out to work out better for the group than a backup healer. So don't feel like you need to go for something other than cleric if that's your first choice - I think most of us are willing to be flexible with roles while we're getting the group sorted out
    You can do whatever you feel is best, though I think a WF Arti might not enjoy my Monk's love of destroying tainted creatures as much as a druid would. Since I'm using staves I can't go full Shintao like I wanted to, but he's still gonna have the mentality.

Default Lookslike we're good to go.

Make sure to sign in here 1 hour before we start tomorrow at 8 PM CST (6 PST/7 MST/9 EST) to indicate that you intend to join us for the night. I think can manage about 2 hours of playtime, but we can go longer as long as everyone's willing. Does anyone have VIP for opening on elite?

Default Vip

Yep I have VIP.

Are we going to meet on the snowy side or the clear side. Just asking so i know what side to meet on.
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

Are we going to meet on the snowy side or the clear side. Just asking so i know what side to meet on.
    Jaelana's waiting on Snowy side, though either is fine with me.

ok, Ayaden in the wavecrest snowy side waiting.
    So sad but true.

Community Member

ok, Ayaden in the wavecrest snowy side waiting.
    OK Cyrilath is present and waiting. I believe he is in the right place

Taeadrael is on snowy side in the inn.

Great job, all. Everyone RPed well and it was pretty fun, if a little zergy at times due to the large group.

One note though, we got a mysterious sudden 6th man so we're full up for the time being. Hopefully he can figure out how to post here, I'm interested in his character.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast