Default Is energy criticals WAI or what?

Mainly want a clarification from devs if this epic past life is working as intended?

It should give 3% crit chance per stack, note the word should.

It also gives 300% more damage on crits, so on 3 stack its 900% more crit damage on elemental spells.

Is this WAI? So that i can decide my next etr, aka getting this thing 3 times..

Getting rly frustrated to see ee bosses die in a matter of seconds from people who stacked this alrdy.
    If you thought monkchery or shiradi wizzy are damage... Trust me..
    They are like mosquitos compared to people who got his stacked.

Would gladly hear what community has to say about this, as on our server the draconic sorc population is highly rising due to this new "feature".

If this thread gets deleted i will probably get my answer, so ty for reading and happy hunt

This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds
    Last edited by Blackheartox; 12-08-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post
    Mainly want a clarification from devs if this epic past life is working as intended?

It also gives 300% more damage on crits, so on 3 stack its 900% more crit damage on elemental spells.

Getting rly frustrated to see ee bosses die in a matter of seconds from people who stacked this alrdy.

Would gladly hear what community has to say about this, as on our server the draconic sorc population is highly rising due to this new "feature".

If this thread gets deleted i will probably get my answer, so ty for reading and happy hunt
    There is a 0% chance that 900% extra damage is WAI. You don't need a dev to tell you that.

I doubt this thread will get deleted. It's most definitely a bug, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it an exploit unless you need to do something other than toggle the effect on to use it.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

It's fixed on lama, so presumably will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    It's fixed on lama, so presumably will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.
    Can someone else confirm this?
    Would make my questing way more fun in ddo

Community Member

Damage is definitely not WAI on live, but was corrected on Lam on the down-low.

It should be fixed today.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    LE Capable Int Assassin - U29: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Assassin-Build
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (20 Warlock EA DPS Build), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Well that didnt take long.
    How can they fix bugs like this so fast but can never fix ladder?
    Because it benefits players.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Good. That means their priorities are in the right place. Allowing a cheating culture to flourish in an MMO will kill it much much faster than a random ladder bug.

I'd like to think that this bug was as simple as moving a decimal place or simply removing a multiplier that shouldn't have been there to begin with. There are plenty of bugs that benefit players that they don't bother to fix. Heroic twists is probably the biggest one I can think of right now, but others have lingered for longer than they should have. This one probably just happened to be extremely unbalancing and also was easy to fix. Low hanging fruit.

Community Member

as they've said multiple times, they cant fix the ladder bug just by changing some code since each ladder was coded individually and as such the bug is case by case. and happens for various reasons like lag, and collision detection. Im's sure there are more reasons as well, but its not like a simple change of code will fix alll ladders in the game, each has to be fixed individually.

where as this bug was caused by coding a wrong number in wher e critical's draw their damage forumula from, and thus could be fixed with just changing the base coding.

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Good. That means their priorities are in the right place. Allowing a cheating culture to flourish in an MMO will kill it much much faster than a random ladder bug.
    People been "cheating" since ddo started and I never saw anyone quit because of that.
    I did see people quit because of bugs like ladder.

People been "cheating" since ddo started and I never saw anyone quit because of that.
    I've seen the exact opposite. I've never heard of anyone quitting over a ladder bug, though I have heard of those that have quit because of exploits going unchecked for too long.

Community Member

If you're an adult, I'd hope you have learned by now that personal experience means absolutely nothing. Once a game gets a reputation as a cheater paradise, it only attracts cheaters. The cheater playerbase is much, much smaller.

If you're an adult, I'd hope you have learned by now that personal experience means absolutely nothing. Once a game gets a reputation as a cheater paradise, it only attracts cheaters. The cheater playerbase is much, much smaller.
    So you're a cheater then? Dunno why else you'd be playing DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    So you're a cheater then? Dunno why else you'd be playing DDO.
    If I was a newcomer to the game, I wouldn't be.

Community Member

I think you're just insane. If you can't see how fixing a formula is millions of times easier than going into physics locations all over the game, then you're completely insane, or have no business posting on the subject.

There are definitely some Turbine paladins on the forums who defend Turbine constantly, and it is annoying. Just because you're on the other side and whine, complain, and insult them about everything doesn't make you any better. It just makes you dumb on the other side of the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheartox View Post

This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds
    Well I for one am extremely ****ed Off that this has happened and to find out just now only ....I have been heavily Heroic TRing my caster for a while now as I thought that Epic TRs brought so little to him . Now to find this gem has been there all this time and I have not had a chance to have fun with it ... just truly ticked off

I wonder though if they let this bug go live on purpose to incentivise folks to Epic TR (AKA sell some hearts) and now that's its in the main stream "nerf"/fix it before the majority of players can benefit and screw over those that payed for their 3 quick ETRs!!!

Pure awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Khalesh View Post
    Well I for one am extremely ****ed Off that this has happened and to find out just now only ....I have been heavily Heroic TRing my caster for a while now as I thought that Epic TRs brought so little to him . Now to find this gem has been there all this time and I have not had a chance to have fun with it ... just truly ticked off

I wonder though if they let this bug go live on purpose to incentivise folks to Epic TR (AKA sell some hearts) and now that's its in the main stream "nerf"/fix it before the majority of players can benefit and screw over those that payed for their 3 quick ETRs!!!

Pure awesome!
    Well this was so insanely powerful, even though we talk about turbine, you could see a fix coming soon.
    If you got the 3 past lives by now, you still get their intentional benefit.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

How is doing an ETR cheating?