Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Funny_looking_mole View Post
    First life Arti here, I tried to use the dog, I got him the best gear I could, Augment summoning and when U19 hit, specced fully into dog tree, and the dog was somewhat useful but had to keep an eye on him at 20 on Epic Hard, as I leveled up he stopped even being useful on epic normal, by the time I hit 27 I kept him on passive just for the buffs and he still managed to die far before me (I tell my guild this is what a familiar would be like, minor buffs but keeps dieing on you), eventually I swapped out augment summon, and gave up on the dog entirely outside of levers. The dog has no situational awareness, is a mana drain to heal because of no PRR/Dodge (or heavy fort if you don't slot it for him) and attacks slow enough that he can't even do damage or apply debuffs before dieing, at least in Heroic levels he could provide a momentary distraction or pull of a trip.
    This is exactly my experience as well. I don't understand why Turbine would make these interesting and fun abilities for heroics only. The dog goes from being a machine of utter destruction and terror in korthos to being a liability in later levels. This would not be such an issue if a good portion of the arti (and pm) tree wasnt specific for pets.

Maybe give wolves and homonculi a trinket slot.
    I would LOVE it if you could equip weapons and shields on the skeleton knights!
    Last edited by Satyriasys; 12-10-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    This is exactly my experience as well. I don't understand why Turbine would make these interesting and fun abilities for heroics only. The dog goes from being a machine of utter destruction and terror in korthos to being a liability in later levels. This would not be such an issue if a good portion of the arti (and pm) tree wasnt specific for pets.

Maybe give wolves and homonculi a trinket slot.
    I would LOVE it if you could equip weapons and shields on the skeleton knights!
    Having an additional slot would be good. I still think they need their own epic abilities based on what they have from heroics.

As as another example:

Epic cunning:

requires cunning iv. Your wolf has mastered attacking from the shadows and knowing just where to strike. Any vorpal hit that also counts as a sneak attack will assassinate a target. Orange named mobs can make a fortitude save to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    It's funny. In my epic level group, we have a druid, arty and another druid. My druid is 28, other druid 27, arty 26. Both druids are a 17/2/1 split, with druid being the main. The arty is pure. That makes my wolf 25, the other wolf 24, and the defender 26. My friend never uses his wolf, says it dies too often, doesn't contribute anything. And it's true! Every time he has his wolf out, it dies in every fight, never has a kill (doesn't live long enough) and is just overall, a nuisance. It even has more HP than mine does thanks to his druid past life. I'm not sure what I did differently with my wolf, or what my wife did, but at least on EH, my wolf and her dog not only survive, they hold their own. Sure, they aren't leading the kill counts, but by the end of a quest, they usually have between 5-7 kills each. Sometimes more, and rarely die. I have no idea what her dog has on, mine has a terrorweb chitin (+8 con) and grave wrappings turned into a collar. HP is around 1200 or so (it's a little less, but it's close to this). The summon from Primal Avatar does increase it a little bit, as well.

In EE, I still take him out occasionally. During a VoN3 run, no issues, he's out fighting. He's only ever died once in that quest on EE, and that was when someone decided to aggro the sleeping wizards on one side and the red name and her group on the other at the same time. Giantold Tor? I took him out once. He didn't last long in the first room, so I got rid of him. Took him out on the way to dragons, he did fine. Died within seconds in the dragon room.

Point is, on EH, both of our dogs seem more than capable, if not at least survivable. EE, situational. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a little buff to epic level dogs, even if it is similar to our commoner levels.
    exactly

if its so important to u threat him that way - arm him to the teeth, buff n heal him like WF barbarian get him slotted epic armor to put extras on him and make him collar from full charged thunder n lightning. grave wraps or some nice debuffer are cool too

like shorlong wrote, everything is possible, if u take enough care.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12