Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member RavenStormclaw's Avatar

Default Regarding Arti and Druid pets wizzs skeleton as well...allow them to be epic plz

I really like both my Artificer and Druid. I like their pets as well. Good or bad they are very dear to me. I get really frustrated in epic content because they don't continue to level and thus loose power the higher you go. I would really like a way for them to progress as well. Thanks.

On another note any chance of ever getting a higher level version of the onyx panther like there is a higher version of the Owlbear?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    I really like both my Artificer and Druid. I like their pets as well. Good or bad they are very dear to me. I get really frustrated in epic content because they don't continue to level and thus loose power the higher you go. I would really like a way for them to progress as well. Thanks.
    Ummm, what? Every time you get an epic level, so does your pet. The real difference is pets don't have destinies. Best you can do for 'em is 3x Druid pastlife, Augment Summoning and (IIRC) Magister's Grand Summoner.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Community Member Phaeton_Seraph's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Ummm, what? Every time you get an epic level, so does your pet. The real difference is pets don't have destinies. Best you can do for 'em is 3x Druid pastlife, Augment Summoning and (IIRC) Magister's Grand Summoner.
    They may level, but they're untrainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    exactly....we all know most of the power in Epics comes from the destinys... the pets need some form of epic training as well. Obviously not epic destinies but maybe a few epic type enhancements with spendable AP.

maybe based on achieving certain tiers of enhancements. As an example:

epic Growl: requires tier 4 of growl. Your wolf or homunculus has become so terrifying that's it growl not only intimidates but any creature who is successfully intimidated must make a will save (DC = 10+ wolf level + wolfs charisma modifier) or be paralyzed with fear.

That's just a gross example.

signed

Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton_Seraph View Post
    Correct. The OP said they don't gain levels, but that's not the case. However, just like players they gain zero enhancement points from levels past 20.
    I would still like to see... Something that tests character versatility and player adaptability rather than character focus strength and quest knowledge.
    I play the quests for the content of the quests not just as an XP/min merry-go-round.
    Actual play experience is worth infinitely more than theorycrafting...

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Correct. The OP said they don't gain levels, but that's not the case. However, just like players they gain zero enhancement points from levels past 20.
    They level but not really...without any access to some kind of enhancements their leveling is pointless. Epic content is based around players having access to some really good powers from epic destinies....the pets fall way off the power curve because of this...essentially their leveling is useless. They need some form of epic power.

Community Member

Besides some way of gaining new power in Epics, I think that Arti and Druid companions need one more slot to equip non-weapon items. The limited number of Robes, Leather type armor and Docents along with the limitations of crafting on those items isn't enough to fit some basic needed effects for high level heroic quests, much less Epics.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Besides some way of gaining new power in Epics, I think that Arti and Druid companions need one more slot to equip non-weapon items. The limited number of Robes, Leather type armor and Docents along with the limitations of crafting on those items isn't enough to fit some basic needed effects for high level heroic quests, much less Epics.
    I agree with this as well. Our combat pets need some love.

Yes this is true. Casters aren't powerful enough. Pets should be buffed.

can we make epic oozes? Be nice to have an epic cube too.........

Default Arti doesnt have a ED

Arti doesnt even have a ED,sure you can use some stuff but all of them are only %25 useful.
    And the pets dont get much from EDs. a few hit points and you can use higher lvl gear.
    With a whole 1/3rd of the game becoming EDs both the pets from Druid and Arti should get something.
    Arti should have a ED that includes something for the Dog.
    The Druid ED should have had something also.

You wizards can go leap off a cliff,its a F2P class,you shouldnt even have a pet.
    Last edited by Rakuda13; 12-09-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: spelin

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Arti doesnt even have a ED,sure you can use some stuff but all of them are only %25 useful.
    And the pets dont get much from EDs. a few hit points and you can use higher lvl gear.
    With a whole 1/3rd of the game becoming EDs both the pets from Druid and Arti should get something.
    Arti should have a ED that includes something for the Dog.
    The Druid ED should have had something also.

You wizards can go leap off a cliff,its a F2P class,you shouldnt even have a pet.

Magister has Grand summoner, Primal Avatar another two things for pets.
    Considering artie - sure shiradi or draconic is totally useless - cmon.

No class advances its class features beyond lvl 20. summoning wolf or skelly or artidog is just class feature - deal with it.

but well i d appreciate one more equip slot for pets too

Community Member

Yes i'd like to stop leaving my paid for arti dog in its box in epic quests.

All they need is +500hp and max ac, dodge, prr. Oh and bigger teeth :-)
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef 1 x heroic completionist (+a few more pl's) 1 x epic completionist, and some iconic and racial pl's
    Server Thelanis

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

I'd also like to see them upgraded to the new style enhancements
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I'd also like to see them upgraded to the new style enhancements
    yea...I'd like to see this to.

Any Dev care to comment?

Grand summoner only works on summons. Not sure about the PM skeleton but the Homonculus doesn't count.

First life Arti here, I tried to use the dog, I got him the best gear I could, Augment summoning and when U19 hit, specced fully into dog tree, and the dog was somewhat useful but had to keep an eye on him at 20 on Epic Hard, as I leveled up he stopped even being useful on epic normal, by the time I hit 27 I kept him on passive just for the buffs and he still managed to die far before me (I tell my guild this is what a familiar would be like, minor buffs but keeps dieing on you), eventually I swapped out augment summon, and gave up on the dog entirely outside of levers. The dog has no situational awareness, is a mana drain to heal because of no PRR/Dodge (or heavy fort if you don't slot it for him) and attacks slow enough that he can't even do damage or apply debuffs before dieing, at least in Heroic levels he could provide a momentary distraction or pull of a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny_looking_mole View Post
    First life Arti here, I tried to use the dog, I got him the best gear I could, Augment summoning and when U19 hit, specced fully into dog tree, and the dog was somewhat useful but had to keep an eye on him at 20 on Epic Hard, as I leveled up he stopped even being useful on epic normal, by the time I hit 27 I kept him on passive just for the buffs and he still managed to die far before me (I tell my guild this is what a familiar would be like, minor buffs but keeps dieing on you), eventually I swapped out augment summon, and gave up on the dog entirely outside of levers. The dog has no situational awareness, is a mana drain to heal because of no PRR/Dodge (or heavy fort if you don't slot it for him) and attacks slow enough that he can't even do damage or apply debuffs before dieing, at least in Heroic levels he could provide a momentary distraction or pull of a trip.

This is is exactly my point....wolf for Druid is the same way. Please devs give some consideration to beefing up our pets to be survivable in epic levels.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenStormclaw View Post
    This is is exactly my point....wolf for Druid is the same way. Please devs give some consideration to beefing up our pets to be survivable in epic levels.
    It's funny. In my epic level group, we have a druid, arty and another druid. My druid is 28, other druid 27, arty 26. Both druids are a 17/2/1 split, with druid being the main. The arty is pure. That makes my wolf 25, the other wolf 24, and the defender 26. My friend never uses his wolf, says it dies too often, doesn't contribute anything. And it's true! Every time he has his wolf out, it dies in every fight, never has a kill (doesn't live long enough) and is just overall, a nuisance. It even has more HP than mine does thanks to his druid past life. I'm not sure what I did differently with my wolf, or what my wife did, but at least on EH, my wolf and her dog not only survive, they hold their own. Sure, they aren't leading the kill counts, but by the end of a quest, they usually have between 5-7 kills each. Sometimes more, and rarely die. I have no idea what her dog has on, mine has a terrorweb chitin (+8 con) and grave wrappings turned into a collar. HP is around 1200 or so (it's a little less, but it's close to this). The summon from Primal Avatar does increase it a little bit, as well.

In EE, I still take him out occasionally. During a VoN3 run, no issues, he's out fighting. He's only ever died once in that quest on EE, and that was when someone decided to aggro the sleeping wizards on one side and the red name and her group on the other at the same time. Giantold Tor? I took him out once. He didn't last long in the first room, so I got rid of him. Took him out on the way to dragons, he did fine. Died within seconds in the dragon room.

Point is, on EH, both of our dogs seem more than capable, if not at least survivable. EE, situational. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a little buff to epic level dogs, even if it is similar to our commoner levels.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast