Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Uber Uber Completionist
    2014 DDO Player Council
    Scotland - where the dwarf accents come from

Quote Originally Posted by Arnhelm View Post
    < stuff >
    How many Epic TR's or Iconic TR's have you done?

Said this on another thread, and I'll add it here. Turbine's intent is to make you work to get a free Epic Heart. There is no intent to give one away just from leveling from 20-28, nor should there be imo.

Just as with Heroic Hearts, there is going to be repetitive, boring, and sometimes unwanted re-running of quests. That's why it's called "work", not "play". I don't see a problem here, despite the vocal members who seem to think just leveling from 20-28 deserves a free Epic Heart.

/e looks at first line of sig...
    I'm not overly concerned with Turbine's intent. We were promised that we would be able to naturally earn a heart through normal leveling on EH or above. I expect them to deliver. Why shouldn't Turbine be happy that we're all buying xp pots and just recycling their content like we always do until they come up with something new. As a customer, I feel like I'm being very understanding by allowing them to sell me the same thing over and over. I don't feel like I should have to pay extra for the privilege of not having any new content to run.

BTW, the free lunch thing goes both ways. When I'm paying you for a service that is supposed to expand and improve over time, I expect it to expand and improve over time. There's no free lunch, you need to work to earn more of my cash.
    Last edited by Standal; 12-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Standal View Post
    I'm not overly concerned with Turbine's intent. We were promised that we would be able to naturally earn a heart through normal leveling on EH or above. I expect them to deliver. Why shouldn't Turbine be happy that we're all buying xp pots and just recycling their content like we always do until they come up with something new. As a customer, I feel like I'm being very understanding by allowing them to sell me the same thing over and over. I don't feel like I should have to pay extra for the privilege of not having any new content to run.

BTW, the free lunch thing goes both ways. When I'm paying you for a service that is supposed to expand and approve over time, I expect it to expand and improve over time. There's no free lunch, you need to work to earn more of my cash.
    This is like the fifth time I've seen this typo on the forums. Or is it a typo? Do you even know what approve means?

Community Member

i thought id give my 2 pennies worth here so.
    just completed my first life run to 28 for covs
    and got 2820. purposly playing the same way
    i normaly do.

now as the devs have already stated(i think)
    they are trying to future proof this. so considering
    this statement 2800 dosent seem that bad at this given
    time.

now with the level cap going to 30 and we already no there
    are more epic quests coming i would be expecting to earn somewhere
    in the region of 3400 - 3600 each life, so with that in mind grinding for
    my last 600 im ok with.

i maybe wrong on the above numbers regarding level 30 so please take
    with a pinch of salt.

your friend sil

The Epic Hearts are not free. They take time and effort on a player's part to earn. That you don't have to pay solid world money to earn that is reward enough, imo. Again, these are not intended to be free giveaways just for leveling any way you want from 20-28. As with any other reward in game, the intent here is to make it require time and effort rather than being a giveaway item just for playing the game your way on your schedule.
    We were told we could earn a free EHoW from normal leveling on EH from 20-28. We were told we could earn a free EHoW before level 28 from normal leveling on EE. That is not the case. What one views as normal leveling can differ from another of course. I don't consider normal leveling as running the same quests over and over though.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakHar View Post
    This is like the fifth time I've seen this typo on the forums. Or is it a typo? Do you even know what approve means?
    sorry, typo which I edited out. But if you would have read the next phrase you might have been able to discern that.

Community Member

Just as with Heroic Hearts, there is going to be repetitive, boring, and sometimes unwanted re-running of quests. That's why it's called "work", not "play". I don't see a problem here, despite the vocal members who seem to think just leveling from 20-28 deserves a free Epic Heart.
    Damn...when did DDO become a job and not a video game? I think Turbine owes a lot of us "workers" a lot of back pay for all this "work"...

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

BTW, the free lunch thing goes both ways. When I'm paying you for a service that is supposed to expand and improve over time, I expect it to expand and improve over time. There's no free lunch, you need to work to earn more of my cash.
    Yup.
    It's definitely an N-word.

I still contend that adding the "Acorns" (100 Coms item) to the Saga End rewards would fix quite a few of the problems. Turbine wants player to run different quests (whence Quest Ransack not allowing Coms) and players want to E/ITR without buying something. Normal Saga 1 Acorn, Hard Saga 2 Acorns, Elite 3 Acorns, True Elite 4 Acorns, that way players choose between XP, Skill Tomes, Guild Renown, and TR Acorns.

Update since comm rates have doubled. Currently I'm level 27 with 6258k xp 3005 vcomms. Running Gianthold, High Road, and Stormhorns I would have received somewhere around 3250 before capping. That would have left me with between 30-40 level 25+ quests to grind to get a epic or iconic heart through questing.

Hero

This is brilliant! And it sums up many of my feelings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234