Ya know, I'll try to keep it short. My guildies and I have experienced a horrendous amount of issues, across a variety of hardware and software, and We would like to hear that these issues are being researched/addressed.
Currently, Issues include,
1. Connection issues. On starting client, client is sending packets but not receiving any, causing client to shut down. Can occur multiple times before client hooks up.
2. Client crashes. Randomly, the client just crashes, and often as not, crashes PC too. As often as every 20 minutes and as far apart as 3 hours.
3. Video drivers crashing. Constantly restarts, if it doesn't crash the client.
4. Black Screen. Client doesn't crash, but screen is black, and will not reset until client/PC is restarted.
5. I am sure there is more, Including the recent random server disconnects, but these 4 above are the mains.
Machines run from cheap to high end. Windows xp to win 7. Running on dx9 to dx11. Something horrible has been done, and in the last 3 months especially bad.
I been playing this game on my comp since March 06. In 2010, I upgraded to gts 250 vid card (dx10) and win7. I have been playing very well all these years, but suddenly, I cant stay in game for longer than 30 minutes, it takes me sometimes 30 minutes to log on, due to poor connectivity, and it is really getting me down.
My guildies are experiencing most of the same things. And I been trying to find solutions. Clean windows installs, clean boots, disable firewalls, no a/v programs, Clean ddo installs, low res and high, Dx runtimes downloads, Audio drivers and video drivers.
All different combinations. failures. sometime I get stability in one area, but hard fault in another. Like it wont crash PC now, just blackscreen.
I look to the internet and view many many gamers across the world having same issues as us, in other games with dx11.
I begin to believe that the fault lies in Directx, its incarntions, and implementation. when trying to play other dx11 games, our comps/clients crash there too. Somewhere there is faulty code, that vid cards can't handle, and its crashing our comps.
I would like to see us rolled back for dx support to dx10 or even 9. get rid of it.
I see in the faq your solution for black screen is run in dx9 anyways, its like your not trying to fix it. just here you go, band-aid it and move on. I realize dx is Microsolths' domain, but you can choose to revert back to dx9
there is no excuse why a game that was good for 7 years now wont play on any system I have, new and old amd and intel, 32 and 64 bit, Something is wrong.