Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Default A question about +20LR

So, I'm looking to test out a new build, but I don't feel like TRing into it atm so I am thinking of using my +20heart to swap from one build to the next.
    I'm not 100% sure on how these work though, so I don't know if this will work or not.

The build I currently have is a 11Ranger/8Rogue/1Fighter.
    Leveling order was something like:
    1 - Rogue
    2 - Fighter
    3 - Rogue
    4 - 14 Ranger
    15 - 20 Rogue

The build I am thinking of +20LRing into is 11Ranger/6Monk/3Pali
    1 - 6 Ranger
    7 - 9 Pali
    10 - 14 Ranger
    15 - 20 Monk

Something like that anyways, does that look doable?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    So, I'm looking to test out a new build, but I don't feel like TRing into it atm so I am thinking of using my +20heart to swap from one build to the next.
    I'm not 100% sure on how these work though, so I don't know if this will work or not.

1 - Rogue
    2 - Fighter
    3 - Rogue
    4 - 14 Ranger
    15 - 20 Rogue

1 - 6 Ranger
    7 - 9 Pali
    10 - 14 Ranger
    15 - 20 Monk

No, from 15-19 you'll have four classes, as it includes your "future" classes in the three class limit.

Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    No, from 15-19 you'll have four classes, as it includes your "future" classes in the three class limit.

Geoff.
    Hmm, thanks.
    Is there any way short of a TR or a second +3/5 Heart I could make this work?
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk

Community Member

Default nada

Definitely will not work.

This is another bug turbine is making money off of, so not likely to get fixed id guess.

Your biggest barrier is the rog levels. You can fix this with an LR +1 to remove the single fighter level 1st, then a +5 to flush the last 5 (15-20) rog levels for ranger, then your LR20 to flush the early rog levels and continue your progression adding monk last.

Brutal, 2 extra hearts, but I think that's the only way to flush out the unwanted levels. Otherwise, Heroic TR.
    Last edited by BOgre; 12-08-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Your biggest barrier is the rog levels. You can fix this with an LR +1 to remove the single fighter level 1st, then a +5 to flush the last 5 (15-20) rog levels for ranger, then your LR20 to flush the early rog levels and continue your progression adding monk last.

Brutal, 2 extra hearts, but I think that's the only way to flush out the unwanted levels. Otherwise, Heroic TR.
    Problem there is that there's 6 of the last Rogue levels, requiring a +3 (-Fighter and a couple of the 15-20 Rogue), then a +5.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

1 - Rogue
    2 - Fighter
    3 - Rogue
    4 - 14 Ranger
    15 - 20 Rogue

1 - 6 Ranger
    7 - 9 Pali
    10 - 14 Ranger
    15 - 20 Monk

It is ALMOST doable. I've had a lot of chances to play with the +20 hearts, its just a bit tricky.

Here is what you have to do:

Levels 1-3 go ranger - this wipes out your "fighter" level and leaves you back down to 2 classes. I have tested this. You can now take on a different third class.

You can then take your monk levels wherever. At the end of the day you'll be stuck with just 3 rogue levels. So you'd only need a single +3 heart to do it. I spent a lot of time fiddling with the math, unfortunately the number of rogue levels kinda screws you. Basically you can make up to 2 class changes, but its hard.

My good example: I converted a 2 paladin/2 monk/11 artificer into an 8 fighter/5 monk/2 artificer. I could have taken monk or fighter levels over those artificer levels, then been free to take a different third class as I finished leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    It is ALMOST doable. I've had a lot of chances to play with the +20 hearts, its just a bit tricky.

Here is what you have to do:

Levels 1-3 go ranger - this wipes out your "fighter" level and leaves you back down to 2 classes. I have tested this. You can now take on a different third class.

Retry your suggestion, but remember ya have to go 1 level at a time. When ya get to ~16, the final rogue levels are still there, so no matter what order you take the other 3 classes it's still bumping into the 4-class prohibition.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

Hmm, thanks.
    Is there any way short of a TR or a second +3/5 Heart I could make this work?
    No. What Geoff calls "future classes" might better be described as existing higher classes.

Unfortunately you have Rogue as both first and last in your current order, and you are keeping Ranger. To add both Pali and Monk no matter what sequence you use there will be a stage before L19 at which you are trying to have Ranger, Pali and Monk classes, while your existing L20 class is still Rogue. This is more than 3.

If it is any consolation, I think your current build is better anyway!
    www.LegendsGuild.eu - on Thelanis
    Brunhildha (Stroppy healer); Niwareka (Sneaky Ranger); Hiacynthe (Happy Monk); Juss (Hitty Healer); Sharkee (Dirty old Shenanigan); Kawariki (Confused drow wizzy)

Thanks for the help, and useful info guys. I appreciate it.
    Since I'm not gonna spend 2K+ TP just to test a build before I TR again, I see many more ranger lives in my future.
    Since I have at least 3 more builds I want to try I guess I'll just TR in a few days.

Yup, i always fall into the mental trap of (impossibly) removing all of an unwanted class at once, plus without thinking i saw 15-20 as 5 levels and not 6. In any case, Sorry, it would still take multiple hearts to get that done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Brunhildha View Post
    No. What Geoff calls "future classes" might better be described as existing higher classes.

Unfortunately you have Rogue as both first and last in your current order, and you are keeping Ranger. To add both Pali and Monk no matter what sequence you use there will be a stage before L19 at which you are trying to have Ranger, Pali and Monk classes, while your existing L20 class is still Rogue. This is more than 3.

If it is any consolation, I think your current build is better anyway!
    Haha While my current build is very, very fun(stunning blow on a Ranger, who knew?) My saves are pretty abysmal, and it doesn't offer as much versatility as I would like out of a Ranger build(Or at least, one of my Ranger builds.) The DPS is smexy though.

Community Member

Since I'm not gonna spend 2K+ TP just to test a build
    How about 1595?
    I think this would work with just one +5:
    1) use +5 heart to swap 16-20 to ranger.
    2) use +20 to replace early rogue and fighter levels with ranger and pali levels. When you get to 15, replace the final rogue level with monk, and go monk from that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Retry your suggestion, but remember ya have to go 1 level at a time. When ya get to ~16, the final rogue levels are still there, so no matter what order you take the other 3 classes it's still bumping into the 4-class prohibition.
    That's why I said "almost". You could get to 11 ranger/6 monk/3 ROGUE, which is closer than the other options out it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindCakes View Post
    How about 1595?
    I think this would work with just one +5:
    1) use +5 heart to swap 16-20 to ranger.
    2) use +20 to replace early rogue and fighter levels with ranger and pali levels. When you get to 15, replace the final rogue level with monk, and go monk from that.
    I figured out a way to do it with just a +3. So only 1395 TP, or potentially a few million plat/few hundred astral shards as +3s are known to land in-game.

Community Member

Oh, I see, I mis-read the number of pali levels!

This actually works much better:
    1) +20, replace rogue and fighter levels with monk or ranger levels, ending up eg. with 9 monk 11 ranger.
    2) +3 LR to insert 3 pally levels where you need them.

It does seem like this is a no-go based on the additional heart requirements. However, if you are leaning towards it in any way you'd want to be aware of alignment restrictions since you appear to be TRing into a lawful good build from one that is not alignment restricted originally.

Personally, I'd only try something like this on lamma land when its up.
    Kobold never forgive....kobold remember waterworks.

Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    i'll be putting a bug into our system.

Hero

Since I'm not gonna spend 2K+ TP just to test a build before I TR again, I see many more ranger lives in my future.
    Since I have at least 3 more builds I want to try I guess I'll just TR in a few days.
    3 more lives at least? Well there goes your next year!

(get in game so I can troll you there!)

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    3 more lives at least? Well there goes your next year!

(get in game so I can troll you there!)
    That's putting it lightly, I won't see the light of endgame in years now.

Community Member

Yeah, perhaps a TR is the best solution in such cases.

I've got a similar "problem" with a 3-class-split char, but the truth is that they offered those Hearts in order to adjust our existing characters after the new enhancement pass, and not exactly to allow us to make and test brand new builds.
    If i haven't responded to your post, it doesn't necessarily mean that i don't have counter-arguments, it might simply mean that i don't want to keep feeding the trolls.
    Plastic People
    Hey! Hey!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast