Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Threnal

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,041

    Default Threnal

    No, not the quest you're thinking of... Secure the Area, we're supposed to kill 35 renders. For innumerable lives on my TR project, the render count seems to bugged. I will clear the entire dungeon. Typically there will be two renders left after I clear the ceremonial blade room. Now, usually, these two will be at the bottom of the stairs of the ice flenser room, even though I specifically made sure the room was empty.

    I have just now finished this quest, clearing the dungeon and making no fewer than three complete circuits of the dungeon missing one single render. Finally, at the end of the third circuit of the dungeon, I run back into the central room connecting the three end halls and two renders run in at super speed (faster than haste). Killing the first one completes the quest.

    Given how popular this pack is , anyone run into funny business in this quest too?
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

  2. #2
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Yes.

    The two renders that you've found to show up late are ALWAYS showing up late for me. Hanging out in the room doesn't help. I dunno, maybe they're in a wall or something, and eventually port out... I just dunno.

    Devs, if you have a minute, reposition all the renders would ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  3. #3
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,009

    Default

    never had any problems like that before. ive always completed that quest in the blade room and never had to back track or run around looking for more.

  4. #4

    Default

    The renders are quite spread out. You often have to search every nook and cranny, especially the cave cul-de-sacs prior to reaching the library. Not to say that you might have had a bug since there don't appear to be extras.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  5. #5

    Default

    Ran the series twice recently, went the same as always.

    The two renders that pop up at the bottom of the stairs with the flenser only show up after he does (I think after he dies...he's always dead when I go back down and find them).
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

  6. #6
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    No, not the quest you're thinking of... Secure the Area, we're supposed to kill 35 renders. For innumerable lives on my TR project, the render count seems to bugged. I will clear the entire dungeon. Typically there will be two renders left after I clear the ceremonial blade room. Now, usually, these two will be at the bottom of the stairs of the ice flenser room, even though I specifically made sure the room was empty.

    I have just now finished this quest, clearing the dungeon and making no fewer than three complete circuits of the dungeon missing one single render. Finally, at the end of the third circuit of the dungeon, I run back into the central room connecting the three end halls and two renders run in at super speed (faster than haste). Killing the first one completes the quest.

    Given how popular this pack is , anyone run into funny business in this quest too?

    I ran the quest last night and I had to backtrack to the beginning. The reason being is the renderers are on patrol paths. Some of them will be out of range when you check and then wander back to where you can see them.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go ahead and bug it referencing this thread. One additional point is that this bug seems to occur only when soloing... when I grouped for Threnal, this didn't happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    I ran the quest last night and I had to backtrack to the beginning. The reason being is the renderers are on patrol paths. Some of them will be out of range when you check and then wander back to where you can see them.
    The patrol theory does not actually match with the observations in this thread. The two renders that are traditionally "missing" are the ones at the foot of the ladder in the ice flenser room--it is an enclosed small area; impossible to miss them if they're there, and it would be extremely odd for patrols to move from upstairs to downstairs via the ladder. The quest is also very linear; it would be difficult to miss patrollers if the group checks the nooks in the cave entrance. Besides, in my original post, I was missing a single render and was presented with two, one whole extra render than is actually supposed to be in the quest.
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    It's actually a combination of both the Renders being on patrol and the two renders not spawning.

    First, there are some renders that patrol the side caves at the beginning that you might not kill because they are deep into those side caves.

    Second, the two Renders at the bottom the stairs and ladder sometimes don't spawn instantly after the Ice Fenser is killed. If you are hasted with 30% striding, you can actually run down the hall hit the lever and run up the ladder before they trigger to spawn.

    It should be pointed out also that the two render at the bottom of the stairs and ladder do respawn again if you do kill them. I've had to run back to kill these two after they have repawned because I missed (or more likely just skipped) the renders on patrol at the beginning of the quest.

  9. #9
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thalone View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm going to go ahead and bug it referencing this thread. One additional point is that this bug seems to occur only when soloing... when I grouped for Threnal, this didn't happen.



    The patrol theory does not actually match with the observations in this thread. The two renders that are traditionally "missing" are the ones at the foot of the ladder in the ice flenser room--it is an enclosed small area; impossible to miss them if they're there, and it would be extremely odd for patrols to move from upstairs to downstairs via the ladder. The quest is also very linear; it would be difficult to miss patrollers if the group checks the nooks in the cave entrance. Besides, in my original post, I was missing a single render and was presented with two, one whole extra render than is actually supposed to be in the quest.
    Oh, I am not refuting your experience. I was just saying that I observed them on a patrol, hit the last room, needed a few more, and wandered back because I saw some wandering on patrol away from me. Like for me, this is a workaround.

  10. #10
    Community Member rest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burque
    Posts
    5,602

    Default

    I ran this today and was missing 1. Turns out, as previously mentioned, he was on patrol in the beginning where I didn't go all the way to the back. I don't know that I've ever had 2 missing, but bugs suck. Especially in Threnal which sucks.

  11. #11
    Community Member Potatofasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brazil, RJ
    Posts
    61

    Default Threnal is a sh-it!

    Are you complaining about two renders???
    And about Hold for Enforcement?
    15 minutes of boring and painfull duty protecting Coyle The Retardbastard to get 3k XP???
    Devs are joking with everyone!
    (Sarlona) - Usbing (Unarmed DPS - Past Lifes Fighter X3 / Monk X2 / Paladin) - Valenttina (Monk with Trapproficiency - Past Lifes Monk X2 / Rogue) - Adnanref (Evoker - Past Lifes Wizard X3 / Cleric X2 / Favored Soul / BladeForged) - Sarahaiana (Eldritch Undead - Past Lifes Monk)

  12. #12
    Community Member Ivan_Milic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    4,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    Are you complaining about two renders???
    And about Hold for Enforcement?
    15 minutes of boring and painfull duty protecting Coyle The Retardbastard to get 3k XP???
    Devs are joking with everyone!
    Its on par with some house c challenges.

  13. #13
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,896

    Default

    haven't ran it in while but that always seemed the case when I did run it

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

  14. #14
    Community Member Potatofasf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brazil, RJ
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Its on par with some house c challenges.

    Challenges give you ingredients and more scaling XP doing some optionals in 15 minutes or less!
    (Sarlona) - Usbing (Unarmed DPS - Past Lifes Fighter X3 / Monk X2 / Paladin) - Valenttina (Monk with Trapproficiency - Past Lifes Monk X2 / Rogue) - Adnanref (Evoker - Past Lifes Wizard X3 / Cleric X2 / Favored Soul / BladeForged) - Sarahaiana (Eldritch Undead - Past Lifes Monk)

  15. #15
    Community Member Hilltrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Potatofasf View Post
    Are you complaining about two renders???
    And about Hold for Enforcement?
    15 minutes of boring and painfull duty protecting Coyle The Retardbastard to get 3k XP???
    Devs are joking with everyone!
    this ^^

    I wish they buffed Coyle are made him less retarded.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    this ^^

    I wish they buffed Coyle are made him less retarded.
    Actually, my understanding is that the devs did help manage Coyle's suicidal tendencies with the "bonk on the head" option, which didn't exist originally. Imagine how that quest behaved before this option.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  17. #17
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    Yes.

    The two renders that you've found to show up late are ALWAYS showing up late for me. Hanging out in the room doesn't help. I dunno, maybe they're in a wall or something, and eventually port out... I just dunno.

    Devs, if you have a minute, reposition all the renders would ya?
    Aren't those two supposed to spawn in when you try to climb the ladder? Its been a while since I ran the quest.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  18. #18
    2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    gamertown usa
    Posts
    6,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Actually, my understanding is that the devs did help manage Coyle's suicidal tendencies with the "bonk on the head" option, which didn't exist originally. Imagine how that quest behaved before this option.
    Unfortunately, before it was a one time run, and now it is a one time run.

    For 15 minutes, they should offer more stuff. Either loot or exp. Like a chest every 3 minutes he lives.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Unfortunately, before it was a one time run, and now it is a one time run.

    For 15 minutes, they should offer more stuff. Either loot or exp. Like a chest every 3 minutes he lives.
    Not a bad idea, if only to cushion the crushing blow when Coyle kills himself.

    Realistically, one chest at the halfway point might be a morale booster, especially on the chance it gives a quest-only clicky that can superbuff Coyle so he stays alive despite egregious self-abuse.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

  20. #20
    Founder & Hero Uska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    22,896

    Default

    Partially because of the worst mistake made for the game ever HIRELINGS

    The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload