Community Member

Default How Good is Stormhorns?

Having just bought the shadowfell expansion I must say Stormhorns is the best explorer zone in the game. Anyone who has ever been in low altitude mountain terrain will feel a flashback. The snow graphics, the ice gusts the sheer panoramic views. I just have to say WOW. I don't know the quests might now live up to the zone, but the zone itself is amazing.. Stormhorns feels like an AD&D module. I like what is going on, now just a little more quest variety, though the end quest is an epic fight to the top. Love it. If you don't hear it enough, that zone was outstanding and I appreciate the work that went into it for those who choose to go where eagles dare and are not on an XP timer. Great zone guys, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffyanne View Post
    Having just bought the shadowfell expansion I must say Stormhorns is the best explorer zone in the game. Anyone who has ever been in low altitude mountain terrain will feel a flashback. The snow graphics, the ice gusts the sheer panoramic views. I just have to say WOW. I don't know the quests might now live up to the zone, but the zone itself is amazing.. Stormhorns feels like an AD&D module. I like what is going on, now just a little more quest variety, though the end quest is an epic fight to the top. Love it. If you don't hear it enough, that zone was outstanding and I appreciate the work that went into it for those who choose to go where eagles dare and are not on an XP timer. Great zone guys, thanks!
    Only bummer is with it being so big half the party uses the teleport guy and the other half has to crawl through to the quest. BUt yes its really good looking and the classic monsters in there are really nice to see also.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Only bummer is with it being so big half the party uses the teleport guy and the other half has to crawl through to the quest. BUt yes its really good looking and the classic monsters in there are really nice to see also.
    I hear this a lot, and I just don't understand the issue. I have used the teleport guy, but have never payed shards. I spent two hours with my wife one day, just exploring all there was to explore out there, hit all three markers, and now just go to those. The two quests at the bottom of the map can be gotten to in around 30-45 seconds, and the quests in the northern region can be gotten to from the teleport areas within the same amount of time.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    I hear this a lot, and I just don't understand the issue. I have used the teleport guy, but have never payed shards. I spent two hours with my wife one day, just exploring all there was to explore out there, hit all three markers, and now just go to those. The two quests at the bottom of the map can be gotten to in around 30-45 seconds, and the quests in the northern region can be gotten to from the teleport areas within the same amount of time.
    He didn't say anything about paying. If you're in a PUG and some people haven't done the markers yet, there can be an issue since it takes a while to get to the markers.

But I agree with the OP - the zone is really nice. The quests are generally good, except for the end-fight in the last quest which has that horrible purple shadowfell effect. It nearly made us give up on the quest - that fight is bad enough without the rage-producing effect.