Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Default Great Job!

We can update....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEY!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    any idea what this means
    Players can no longer select Epic Past Life feats during Epic Reincarnation if taking the feat will not give them any benefit. They may still re-incarnate with any sphere without choosing a feat if none are available to them from their selected sphere.
    so you can spend an ER heart, and 6million karma, without taking an epic past life feat if it your character cant benefit from the feat, thus wasting all that karma/heart to reincarnate into a sphere that gives no benefit to the character?

How is that even possible when EVERYONE can benefit from ANY of the feats as they all have passive abilities that effect any type of toon? How is if they give no benefit determined?

OMH! it loaded!
    Sarlona's up

Engineer: The glass is the wrong size.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The worlds have reopened, and we'll see you in-game!
    Woot! Great job! Thanks to everyone who got this one out in close time.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    any idea what this means

so you can spend an ER heart, and 6million karma, without taking an epic past life feat if it your character cant benefit from the feat, thus wasting all that karma/heart to reincarnate into a sphere that gives no benefit to the character?

How is that even possible when EVERYONE can benefit from ANY of the feats as they all have passive abilities that effect any type of toon? How is if they give no benefit determined?
    If I remember correctly, they only stack 3x. So if you've already ER'ed in that sphere 9x, and you ER in that sphere again, for whatever reason, you can't take one of those feats because they don't do you anything. This lets you ER in that sphere again, for whatever reason you'd want to, without having to select a feat.
    Not saying I see why you would, but to each their own I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

I see you still haven't addressed the issue of shintao and ninja spy monks having to sacrifice their tier 5 enhancements if they want to get void strike (tier 5) in henshin mystic. When will you folks at turbine make void strike a class feat for the monk with the tier 5 enhancement giving a damage increase for henshin mystic. I have a shintao monk and a ninja spy that are not willing to give up their tier 5 enhancements just to get something that they should already have. If you are not going to change void strike, then change the requirements for the light and dark finishers that require void strike to something that can be used by light and dark monks without having to waste 20 enhancement points and sacrificing tier 5 enhancements in the shintao and ninja spy trees.

Community Member

Cannith (or at least parts of it) are busted. Similar symptoms to the big 'program crash on instance change' bug from about 1 week past.
    Character is now stuck in Eveningstar. Cannot log in. After a few minutes of a non-progressing load bar, the program crashes.
    Greebles - 20 Wiz WF, Kyarane - 20 Paladin Human, Shandria - 18 Pal / 2 Mnk Human, Grinhold - 20 FvS helf: Cannith

Tried to go from ship to the Vale three times now on Cannith. Server timed out each time and crashed.

Yeah, Cannith server is borked.

Edit: saw your reply elsewhere you were investigating.

Same here. Tried to go from my ship to House K and server timed out. Now trying to log 3 times with the same effect, timing out.

Community Member

Default meh.. it happens

I'm sure Turbine is doing what they can atm and hopefully we will be able to log in soon.. I forgot how dreadful daytime television is

Quote Originally Posted by Slivermane View Post
    I'm sure Turbine is doing what they can atm and hopefully we will be able to log in soon.. I forgot how dreadful daytime television is
    LOL.

To the guys that posted from Cannith, try logging into another toon, then relogging with the toon you want. My ranger logged into Lordsmarch without issue, and now my bladeforged is back in game.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasMacKinnon View Post
    I looked on the Lamania patch page. No where does it mention anything about the song of the dead and song of the makers. These songs still don't work on epic monsters of those types. Thank you for completely ignoring bug reports that have been sent in. And also completely ignoring people that have been asking for even the slightest acknowledgement that there is a problem. How thoroughly did any of the devs or qa people test the song of the dead and makers. I personally tested it pretty thoroughly sent in a very detailed bug report with multiple screen shots. Yet it's still not on the known issue list, or even mentioned. Sorry but i'm not just going to fade away and let the elephant in the room run rampant. Please look into these songs. I miss playing my epic bard and being able to crowd control undead in epic elite content.
    We are actively investigating an issue with these abilities related to the DC not scaling properly. It should be added to the Known Issue list shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    We are actively investigating an issue with these abilities related to the DC not scaling properly. It should be added to the Known Issue list shortly.
    Divine Might is still broken. Every attempt to use results in the following error message: You have insufficient charges to perform this action. On my hotbar Divine Might always shows up as having 0 charges no matter where I am or what I am doing.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Community Member

Default maybe for twists?

Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    any idea what this means

My guess is, that as you should be earning a fate point for every 4th ER (although not sure this works quite yet), you could keep ER-ing even after getting all the past lifes. Not sure that would work this way, and I have enormous doubts anyone would want to do this, but there you go!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Divine Might is still broken. Every attempt to use results in the following error message: You have insufficient charges to perform this action. On my hotbar Divine Might always shows up as having 0 charges no matter where I am or what I am doing.
    Do you have Turn Undead? Are you a Paladin? What level are you.. This is usually a case of someone getting Divine Might as a paladin at level 2 thinking they can use it with just 2 paladin levels when you actually need 4.
    Zaphear(Completionist), Lugziurious, Lugzmeat Shield, Lugzii, Lugziii, Lugzsing Measong - De Profundis

Quote Originally Posted by zaphear View Post
    Do you have Turn Undead? Are you a Paladin? What level are you.. This is usually a case of someone getting Divine Might as a paladin at level 2 thinking they can use it with just 2 paladin levels when you actually need 4.
    Zaphear,

I am following this build - with some slight changes to feats and stat allocation:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Build-Cetus

I have taken thus far 8 levels of Fighter, 2 levels of Paladin, and 4 levels of Monk. I have also spent AP's to get Extra Turning 3 from KotC. As I have the extra turn undead and was not restricted when purchasing the Divine Might AP's, I assume they should work just fine. Cetus' build references just 2 levels of Paladin, and I am certain other people have similar builds as well. I am aware Paladins acquire Turn Undead at level 4, but with the AP's I should currently have 3 "charges" of Divine Might/Turn Undead. If I was not qualified or did not meet the pre-req's then why should I be allowed to take the Enhancement?

After doing some deeper digging it appears as if people using this build take the twist - Bane of Undeath in order to get access to Turn Undead at Epic levels. That being said, should the Extra Turn Undead AP's also grant this ability?
    Last edited by Grimlock; 12-10-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Community Member

Default You get your first Turn undead at Lvl 4 paladin, whatever your AP spend

Zaphear,

I am following this build - with some slight changes to feats and stat allocation:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Build-Cetus

I have taken thus far 8 levels of Fighter, 2 levels of Paladin, and 4 levels of Monk. I have also spent AP's to get Extra Turning 3 from KotC. As I have the extra turn undead and was not restricted when purchasing the Divine Might AP's, I assume they should work just fine. Cetus' build references just 2 levels of Paladin, and I am certain other people have similar builds as well. I am aware Paladins acquire Turn Undead at level 4, but with the AP's I should currently have 3 "charges" of Divine Might/Turn Undead. If I was not qualified or did not meet the pre-req's then why should I be allowed to take the Enhancement?

After doing some deeper digging it appears as if people using this build take the twist - Bane of Undeath in order to get access to Turn Undead at Epic levels. That being said, should the Extra Turn Undead AP's also grant this ability?
    No, you only get turn undead after you hit 4 lvls of Paladin. Its the same with defensive stances, you can bolster them with enhancements even though you don't have them (yet) at that lvl. So you would have to either take more Paladin lvls or indeed twist in the turns to be able to use any boosts that use turn count to work.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

If I was not qualified or did not meet the pre-req's then why should I be allowed to take the Enhancement?
    The paladin trees are horrible as far as pre-req are concerned. I haven't double checked my math yet looks to me like a build with 3 or less levels of paladin could spend upwards of 31 AP that have 0 effect because they don't have enough levels for the required feats/abilities. (Turn undead, defender stance, remove disease)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast