Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Default Paladin having your AP easily going to waste

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    The paladin trees are horrible as far as pre-req are concerned. I haven't double checked my math yet looks to me like a build with 3 or less levels of paladin could spend upwards of 31 AP that have 0 effect because they don't have enough levels for the required feats/abilities. (Turn undead, defender stance, remove disease)
    Yeah, I remember one of the first Iconics I made (made a paladin/fighter mix), I happily put in the AP, only to find that a lot was wasted. Off course I then also didn't have enough money on that server to reset the trees, made me really love that character! :-O

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    Zaphear,

I am following this build - with some slight changes to feats and stat allocation:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Build-Cetus

I have taken thus far 8 levels of Fighter, 2 levels of Paladin, and 4 levels of Monk. I have also spent AP's to get Extra Turning 3 from KotC. As I have the extra turn undead and was not restricted when purchasing the Divine Might AP's, I assume they should work just fine. Cetus' build references just 2 levels of Paladin, and I am certain other people have similar builds as well. I am aware Paladins acquire Turn Undead at level 4, but with the AP's I should currently have 3 "charges" of Divine Might/Turn Undead. If I was not qualified or did not meet the pre-req's then why should I be allowed to take the Enhancement?

After doing some deeper digging it appears as if people using this build take the twist - Bane of Undeath in order to get access to Turn Undead at Epic levels. That being said, should the Extra Turn Undead AP's also grant this ability?
    Extra turning doesn't give turning if you don't have it. bit of a bummer, though since you're already lv 14, i assume you'll make it to 20

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    The paladin trees are horrible as far as pre-req are concerned. I haven't double checked my math yet looks to me like a build with 3 or less levels of paladin could spend upwards of 31 AP that have 0 effect because they don't have enough levels for the required feats/abilities. (Turn undead, defender stance, remove disease)
    Fighter is in the same boat, stance upgrade enhancements can (and most likely need) to be taken long before you get the actual stance, making playing a defender toon even more tedious...

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I was just thinking this could be a bug. The description of the AP is pretty bad and certainly needs clarification. As with any other AP, you should not be able to purchase an ability unless you meet the pre-req. Divine Might is more of a "nice to have" rather than a necessity until Epics.
    ~ Archangels ~
    Grimmlock (Heroic Completionist Life 15); Saulot (Life 3); Leviathian (Life 5); Flogging Molly; Mithriss; TheBoondock Saynts; Bushmils; Humblebeard; Guinnesss.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234