Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default AA Enhancement Bonus

    Planning out a new character for next life and I have a couple of questions. According to wiki the AA core gives: Any bow you equip gains a +1 Enhancement bonus for each arcane archer core ability you possess. (This does not stack with the bow's existing Enhancement bonus.)

    So if for instance I'm using a bow of sinew with a +5 enhancement I'm assuming that the first core ability does nothing. Otherwise I suppose it would increase it to +6, +7 .. +10.

    If it does increase the enhancement would taking 2 levels of FVS with Warpriest enhancement Righteous Weapons increase the enhancement even more?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanegrin View Post
    Planning out a new character for next life and I have a couple of questions. According to wiki the AA core gives: Any bow you equip gains a +1 Enhancement bonus for each arcane archer core ability you possess. (This does not stack with the bow's existing Enhancement bonus.)

    So if for instance I'm using a bow of sinew with a +5 enhancement I'm assuming that the first core ability does nothing. Otherwise I suppose it would increase it to +6, +7 .. +10.

    If it does increase the enhancement would taking 2 levels of FVS with Warpriest enhancement Righteous Weapons increase the enhancement even more?
    The description is correct. Does not stack with bow's enhancement bonus.
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Thanks for confirming that. Funny to have a completely useless core ability, even level one gear has +1 enhancement...

  4. #4
    Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanegrin View Post
    Thanks for confirming that. Funny to have a completely useless core ability, even level one gear has +1 enhancement...
    Its handy as you can ignore the +x on a bow. You can hold a +1 bow at later levels and it counts as a +5 with 5 core enhancements meaning you get a and effective +x of ghostbane at a lower level because its +x for level restriction
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

  5. #5
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    12,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    Its handy as you can ignore the +x on a bow. You can hold a +1 bow at later levels and it counts as a +5 with 5 core enhancements meaning you get a and effective +x of ghostbane at a lower level because its +x for level restriction
    I suppose it's also useful if you craft your own bows; no need to add a +x shard, which also keeps the ML lower.

  6. #6
    Community Member voodoogroves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Cackalacky
    Posts
    9,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I suppose it's also useful if you craft your own bows; no need to add a +x shard, which also keeps the ML lower.
    I am guilty of doing this all the time. Low level Ghost Touch of Greater Incorp Bane on a flametouched base, etc.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload