Community Member

Default AA Enhancement Bonus

Planning out a new character for next life and I have a couple of questions. According to wiki the AA core gives: Any bow you equip gains a +1 Enhancement bonus for each arcane archer core ability you possess. (This does not stack with the bow's existing Enhancement bonus.)

So if for instance I'm using a bow of sinew with a +5 enhancement I'm assuming that the first core ability does nothing. Otherwise I suppose it would increase it to +6, +7 .. +10.

If it does increase the enhancement would taking 2 levels of FVS with Warpriest enhancement Righteous Weapons increase the enhancement even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanegrin View Post
    Planning out a new character for next life and I have a couple of questions. According to wiki the AA core gives: Any bow you equip gains a +1 Enhancement bonus for each arcane archer core ability you possess. (This does not stack with the bow's existing Enhancement bonus.)

So if for instance I'm using a bow of sinew with a +5 enhancement I'm assuming that the first core ability does nothing. Otherwise I suppose it would increase it to +6, +7 .. +10.

If it does increase the enhancement would taking 2 levels of FVS with Warpriest enhancement Righteous Weapons increase the enhancement even more?
    The description is correct. Does not stack with bow's enhancement bonus.
    NESALOMLJIVI, Thelanis

Community Member

Thanks for confirming that. Funny to have a completely useless core ability, even level one gear has +1 enhancement...

Euro-Founder and Keeper Refugee Dexraven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanegrin View Post
    Thanks for confirming that. Funny to have a completely useless core ability, even level one gear has +1 enhancement...
    Its handy as you can ignore the +x on a bow. You can hold a +1 bow at later levels and it counts as a +5 with 5 core enhancements meaning you get a and effective +x of ghostbane at a lower level because its +x for level restriction
    Leader of the Unearthed Arcana

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dexraven View Post
    Its handy as you can ignore the +x on a bow. You can hold a +1 bow at later levels and it counts as a +5 with 5 core enhancements meaning you get a and effective +x of ghostbane at a lower level because its +x for level restriction
    I suppose it's also useful if you craft your own bows; no need to add a +x shard, which also keeps the ML lower.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    I suppose it's also useful if you craft your own bows; no need to add a +x shard, which also keeps the ML lower.
    I am guilty of doing this all the time. Low level Ghost Touch of Greater Incorp Bane on a flametouched base, etc.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane