Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 301 to 309 of 309
  1. #301
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hafeal View Post
    of course, Chai is in da House!


    So, as I am NOT reading anything prior to this page, what's up? Declining DDO #s? P2W? The devs made all the wrong choices?
    No, yes, yes. :-)
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  2. #302
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    So, do you have factual evidence to verify that what you say is true? Or, is it as I say, pure speculation on your part that the decision was made based on financial reasoning ONLY?
    The factual evidence is the history of the game. The financial focus did change as the game went from sub to f2p before they began working on eshroud and egh, and more and more items began being sold in the store. Their options were to continue to work on that content or work on other new content that would fit in lower levels AND epics, and thats what they chose, abandoning for the time being both eshroud and egh.

    The financial focus did change in that era. Anyone familiar with the history of the game understands this.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  3. #303
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The financial focus did change in that era. Anyone familiar with the history of the game understands this.
    I am not arguing this fact. I know the financial focus changed. The question is, what is your factual evidence that that is the sole driving purpose behind putting off EGH and EVale and moving forward with new content and the eventual E3BC? If you can provide no factual evidence, then you are purely speculating that that is the reason, and nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The factual evidence is the history of the game. The financial focus did change as the game went from sub to f2p before they began working on eshroud and egh, and more and more items began being sold in the store. Their options were to continue to work on that content or work on other new content that would fit in lower levels AND epics, and thats what they chose, abandoning for the time being both eshroud and egh.
    The history of the game is not factual evidence that finances were the sole reason for making the decisions that they did. And this time, try not to straw man my argument
    Last edited by Shorlong; 12-27-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Because I wanted to, that's why. You don't own me :P
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  4. #304
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    The question is, what is your factual evidence that that is the sole driving purpose behind putting off EGH and EVale and moving forward with new content and the eventual E3BC?
    Please quote where I stated that it was the sole reason. I used the timeline to back my premise up, sure, but here youre arguing against things I never posted in the first place. Don't worry, Ill wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    The history of the game is not factual evidence that finances were the sole reason for making the decisions that they did. And this time, try not to straw man my argument
    Never stated it was the sole reason. Read, then quote and address. It is easy to do in that order, and will prevent being embarrassed in discussions where it gets pointed out that youre not even aware of what my claim is in the first place, so you have no premise to challenge it.

    We can further discuss the issue when you actually have a firm grasp on the claim I made in this very thread. Not before that however. You have no argument to strawman, as youre not even showing you understand what I posted in the thread that you claim to be challenging.

    Goodbye for now sockpuppets. See you in the next thread when you will again hinge a 20 page discussion on some minor technicality about how no one can possibly know unless they work for the company, in order to smoke and mirror tangent away from a premise you wish to challenge but have no answer for.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-27-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  5. #305
    Community Member Shorlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Please quote where I stated that it was the sole reason. I used the timeline to back my premise up, sure, but here youre arguing against things I never posted in the first place. Don't worry, Ill wait.
    You mean like this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Nope, what I stated is it was a financial decision based on less people owning the content than owning other better choices for epic content.

    So state a more solid premise then for why they went with 3bc even though the majority of the feedback for what should be epiced provided was for content that had raids like shroud, vod, hound, titan, or even tod. What seperates 3bc from the rest of that stuff. Ive already got dibs on "more people haven't bought it compared to those other packs, so theres more potential sales" so what is a more solid premise than that for this business?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    But thats not how its determined. They sat in the meeting room, and talked about how 3BC was the least selling pack, and how they could provide incentive for folks to buy it by making it epic, which will have relevant loot and com rewards.

    They dont financially need to epic out the stuff that has the appropriate mobs for epic content, because people already bought those packs.

    This is a financial decision, not one based on any kind of lore or immersion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Pretty easy to understand why they are doing it. Its likely the least selling of all packs, save for maybe restless isles. They have already revamped loot in it twice to entice more people to buy and run it. Id like to see epic vale first as well, but that pack is already likely the best seller or at least in the top three.
    Sounds a lot like you are saying it was a decision based solely off of financial gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Never stated it was the sole reason. Read, then quote and address. It is easy to do in that order, and will prevent being embarrassed in discussions where it gets pointed out that youre not even aware of what my claim is in the first place, so you have no premise to challenge it.

    We can further discuss the issue when you actually have a firm grasp on the claim I made in this very thread. Not before that however. You have no argument to strawman, as youre not even showing you understand what I posted in the thread that you claim to be challenging.

    Goodbye for now sockpuppets. See you in the next thread when you will again hinge a 20 page discussion on some minor technicality about how no one can possibly know unless they work for the company, in order to smoke and mirror tangent away from a premise you wish to challenge but have no answer for.
    It's not a minor technicality when it is the premise for your entire argument...and not just this one, but every argument you have projected yourself into on these forums. And no matter how many answers we give you, you refuse to see them, and instead try to weasel your way out of them. And funnily enough, you think everyone is laughing at the person you are arguing with, but in reality, they are laughing at you, because you back yourself into these corners, then refuse to see logic.

    Doesn't matter anyway, you're on ignore from here on out. No point in arguing with someone who refuses to ever believe anything they ever say is wrong, even when given the evidence, the evidence must be wrong.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

    Leader of The Dark Creed

  6. #306
    Community Member Trillea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    4,249

    Default

    I hope Shroud goes epic soon, and at the same time HoX and VoD. I want my epic Breastplate of Destruction!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

  7. #307
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    You mean like this?
    Solely, you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Doesn't matter anyway, you're on ignore from here on out.
    That's actually the first thing you've posted after quoting me I actually agree with.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-27-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  8. #308
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trillea View Post
    I hope Shroud goes epic soon, and at the same time HoX and VoD. I want my epic Breastplate of Destruction!!
    YUS!!!

    The sub would be a great place for some new quests.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  9. #309
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    And doing so from multiple sock puppet accounts at that.
    Now i know where that "4-5 persons" comment came from.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload