Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 309
  1. #221
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    This is sad.

    Instead of fixing the lack of the current endgame, and bring us epic amarath (tod) / vale (shroud), we get another epic mediocre area which barely anyone plays.

    Don't get me wrong, 3bc items are great, and I can guess the epic version will be awesome. But imo 3bc is not what DDO needs atm - it will be nice to have, but we need more raids for the endgame.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  2. #222
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    This is sad.

    Instead of fixing the lack of the current endgame, and bring us epic amarath (tod) / vale (shroud), we get another epic mediocre area which barely anyone plays.

    Don't get me wrong, 3bc items are great, and I can guess the epic version will be awesome. But imo 3bc is not what DDO needs atm - it will be nice to have, but we need more raids for the endgame.
    Whos to say they wont add a raid to it. And 3bc is far more fun than amrath or shroud, which are near the epic end of the level spectrum anyway.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  3. #223
    Community Member lyrecono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,144

    Default

    i agree with the op, raising stats/saves/hp of mobs doen't make it an epic enemy!

    The reason why they picked up 3BC over new content is lazyness, some dev was most likely already working on it before he left/was kicked out years ago, the same hapened with epic gianthold, wich leaked to lamania years ago.
    All they need to do now is dust it of and polish it, easy/lazy work, compaired to creating original content.

    Atleast it's Eberron content, it's writting will be 100X better then the forgotten trash writting.

  4. #224
    Community Member Cegorach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    This is sad.

    Instead of fixing the lack of the current endgame, and bring us epic amarath (tod) / vale (shroud), we get another epic mediocre area which barely anyone plays.

    Don't get me wrong, 3bc items are great, and I can guess the epic version will be awesome. But imo 3bc is not what DDO needs atm - it will be nice to have, but we need more raids for the endgame.
    *Cough*

    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our first update of the year introduces two level 30 raids in the dwarf ruins of Thunderholme. The adventure area covers 7 floors with multiple raid and group encounters, while the raids start with a mated pair of red dragons and culminate in a confrontation with Aurgloroasa the Sibilant Shade. In addition to these two raids, we’ve reserved the option to add a third later in the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    DDO’s second update of the year will be pirate-themed, with new Guild Airship models, layouts, decorations and amenities. We’ll also revisit Three Barrel Cove to extend it into Epic levels.
    For Kurtulmak's sake, quit whining.

  5. #225
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    How about stop doing it? If it's not epic don't try and force it to be? A couple great suggestions were made to put 3BC in the mid levels somewhere that the content is sparse, I suggest level 13. Meanwhile lets try and communicate to Turbine that Epic should have predominantly Epic story lines and settings.

    I love the 2 or 3 people in this thread that say if they did it in the past it's okay to keep making the same mistake. Two wrongs make a right? Continuing to make the same mistake, makes it okay to make the mistake again? No it doesn't, they should make a deliberate attempt to not make pedestrian low fantasy premises for Epic quests and raids... In fact several packs they COULD have revamped (Abbot, SubT, Shroud, TOD, Titan) ARE EPIC in scope, and at least two of these (Titan and SubT) are not big selling packs, so they fit the 3BC criteria of being a pack they probably would like to sell more of. In fact 3BC has been revamped already once with at least a loot polish... the same can't be said for Titan in recent memory.

    Once again they missed an oppotunity to revamp content that makes sense to call epic, and they missed a chance to revamp raids that are ghost towns, positioning them at the new end game that doesn't yet exist. If you don't understand the motive behind the argument here or purpose of the thread after it's been explained several times then I believe that's deliberate on your part. In case you haven't noticed the community getting vocal about things recently has lead to several "realizations" on Turbines part and actually gotten them to change course, or modify their plans. So a nice big thread about this subject if it needs to be spelled out, is an attempt to get them to realize how Ghostbane 3BC is to some of us, and perhaps try to AIM HIGHER, aim for more EPIC, next time.
    I completely understood your point the moment you made it IronClan. I just think perhaps you shot yourself a foot a bit by making it about 3BC rather than about what we do want out of our Epic game, because of course the focus of the thread has mostly been on the former not the latter. As I've said, I basically agree with you. I just can't get myself all upset over 3BC when there are all the other Epics that make no sense except in a sort of tired 'again? oh well. at least it's more epic content I guess' sort of a way. I don't think it's ok to repeat mistakes and I would prefer, as I've said, a revamped Titan raid since I've only ever managed to get a group together for it once - once - and thought it was awesome.

    I frankly don't like to see 3BC get all this hate. If God meant us to hate 3BC, She wouldn't have given us Necro 1-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

  6. #226
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I completely understood your point the moment you made it IronClan. I just think perhaps you shot yourself a foot a bit by making it about 3BC rather than about what we do want out of our Epic game, because of course the focus of the thread has mostly been on the former not the latter. As I've said, I basically agree with you. I just can't get myself all upset over 3BC when there are all the other Epics that make no sense except in a sort of tired 'again? oh well. at least it's more epic content I guess' sort of a way. I don't think it's ok to repeat mistakes and I would prefer, as I've said, a revamped Titan raid since I've only ever managed to get a group together for it once - once - and thought it was awesome.

    I frankly don't like to see 3BC get all this hate. If God meant us to hate 3BC, She wouldn't have given us Necro 1-3.
    I believe the hate stems from the fact that there is a lot of easier content in the level range
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  7. #227
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    I believe the hate stems from the fact that there is a lot of easier content in the level range
    Yeah, and I agree with the suggestion to bump it to L12-14 too - I said a few pages back that in my view the reason 3BC is unpopular is not the quests or the explorer or anything like that, especially since the loot pass - it's that it's slap bang in the middle of an absolutely saturated level range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

  8. #228
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Yeah, and I agree with the suggestion to bump it to L12-14 too - I said a few pages back that in my view the reason 3BC is unpopular is not the quests or the explorer or anything like that, especially since the loot pass - it's that it's slap bang in the middle of an absolutely saturated level range.
    One would assume that it being made epic would be a good thing in the opinion of those not liking it because of that, since it would be quests that they would not otherwise run.
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  9. #229
    Hopeless Romantic dunklezhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire Toxic Fringe Zone
    Posts
    4,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    One would assume that it being made epic would be a good thing in the opinion of those not liking it because of that, since it would be quests that they would not otherwise run.
    One would assume that yes particularly in light of the fact that there are numerous people suggesting to bump up the level range a bit. The issue IronClan seems to have is simply that the storyline is not epic enough, which as I've said I can certainly get behind. There's only a few posters saying they actively dislike 3BC, most are saying they think it's a poor choice for epic (which again, I can agree with). Me, I'm just pleased more people will be buying the pack - and like it or not, they will because it's moar Epic Xp and therefore moar CoVs. On that basis its quite a cynical move on Turbine's part on the face of it, but without knowing the sales figures and demographics we can't possibly say how cynical, as some posters have tried to do. I prefer in this case to put on my rose tinted spectacle and think that this was simply a relatively easy epic for them to throw out there while they work on the promised raids, and free epic content for anyone who's already bought the 3BC pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

  10. #230
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    One would assume that yes particularly in light of the fact that there are numerous people suggesting to bump up the level range a bit. The issue IronClan seems to have is simply that the storyline is not epic enough, which as I've said I can certainly get behind. There's only a few posters saying they actively dislike 3BC, most are saying they think it's a poor choice for epic (which again, I can agree with). Me, I'm just pleased more people will be buying the pack - and like it or not, they will because it's moar Epic Xp and therefore moar CoVs. On that basis its quite a cynical move on Turbine's part on the face of it, but without knowing the sales figures and demographics we can't possibly say how cynical, as some posters have tried to do. I prefer in this case to put on my rose tinted spectacle and think that this was simply a relatively easy epic for them to throw out there while they work on the promised raids, and free epic content for anyone who's already bought the 3BC pack.
    And i for one am happy, since the quests are fun, though i cant quite see how they will do it in some cases
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  11. #231
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    How about stop doing it? If it's not epic don't try and force it to be? A couple great suggestions were made to put 3BC in the mid levels somewhere that the content is sparse, I suggest level 13. Meanwhile lets try and communicate to Turbine that Epic should have predominantly Epic story lines and settings.

    I love the 2 or 3 people in this thread that say if they did it in the past it's okay to keep making the same mistake. Two wrongs make a right? Continuing to make the same mistake, makes it okay to make the mistake again? No it doesn't, they should make a deliberate attempt to not make pedestrian low fantasy premises for Epic quests and raids... In fact several packs they COULD have revamped (Abbot, SubT, Shroud, TOD, Titan) ARE EPIC in scope, and at least two of these (Titan and SubT) are not big selling packs, so they fit the 3BC criteria of being a pack they probably would like to sell more of. In fact 3BC has been revamped already once with at least a loot polish... the same can't be said for Titan in recent memory.

    Once again they missed an oppotunity to revamp content that makes sense to call epic, and they missed a chance to revamp raids that are ghost towns, positioning them at the new end game that doesn't yet exist. If you don't understand the motive behind the argument here or purpose of the thread after it's been explained several times then I believe that's deliberate on your part. In case you haven't noticed the community getting vocal about things recently has lead to several "realizations" on Turbines part and actually gotten them to change course, or modify their plans. So a nice big thread about this subject if it needs to be spelled out, is an attempt to get them to realize how Ghostbane 3BC is to some of us, and perhaps try to AIM HIGHER, aim for more EPIC, next time.
    Its not that 2-3 people in this thread are justifying anything due to past moves. That past decision making is being pointed at to show the rest that Turbine isn't making these decisions based on what makes sense from a game perspective, but from what makes sense from a financial perspective. People keep trying to deny this, and then act puzzled about why the decision was made in the first place, when its blatantly clear to anyone who objectively analyzes the situation.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-24-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  12. #232
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    Popularity with the older players (forumites etc) does not translate into popularity with the playerbase. They might have decided upon 3bc for the simple reason that it sells well at the moment.
    Yes, making it so those older players who didn't buy it, will need to if they want to be current on endgame.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  13. #233
    Community Member Qhualor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Its not that 2-3 people in this thread are justifying anything due to past moves. That past decision making is being pointed at to show the rest that Turbine isn't making these decisions based on what makes sense from a game perspective, but from what makes sense from a financial perspective. People keep trying to deny this, and then act puzzled about why the decision was made in the first place, when its blatantly clear to anyone who objectively analyzes the situation.
    this is the part that some people have a hard time understanding. it goes hand in hand with any other thing in the game. people need to look full circle and not straight ahead with blinders on about some of these decisions and it makes things a lot easier to understand. what we want and what Turbine wants doesn't always mesh well together. sometimes a business has to make business decisions despite what the players want, but it doesn't always mean the decision will pan out like they hoped.

    3BC going epic is by far not the worst thing to happen to DDO and by far not the worst decision by Turbine. its just not the kind of endgame content we were hoping for. the pack will sell and there will be a spike when it goes Live, but how much profit is made all depends on the devs and how they make 3BC epic, the loot, the Comm rewards, the xp and the fun. if the loot is really good there will be far less complaints about epic 3BC.

  14. #234
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    this is the part that some people have a hard time understanding. it goes hand in hand with any other thing in the game. people need to look full circle and not straight ahead with blinders on about some of these decisions and it makes things a lot easier to understand. what we want and what Turbine wants doesn't always mesh well together. sometimes a business has to make business decisions despite what the players want, but it doesn't always mean the decision will pan out like they hoped.

    3BC going epic is by far not the worst thing to happen to DDO and by far not the worst decision by Turbine. its just not the kind of endgame content we were hoping for. the pack will sell and there will be a spike when it goes Live, but how much profit is made all depends on the devs and how they make 3BC epic, the loot, the Comm rewards, the xp and the fun. if the loot is really good there will be far less complaints about epic 3BC.
    The implicit assumption that a handful of forum posters represent "what players want" is flawed. Forum posters may (or may not) provide a fairly good representation of what a handful of hardcore players want, with almost no representation of what casual or new players want.

    A lower level pack like 3BC getting epic is probably a pretty smart business choice by Turbine because it's low level enough that a lot of players who haven't even made it to level 10 on any of their characters (and that's probably a *large* proportion of players) will look at 3BC with a new pair of eyes. A casual or new player might think "3BC isn't only good for the short term, but when I (one day, eventually) get to level 20 I'll have an epic pack ready to go. And it's got pirates, along with that Sentinels AP that also looks pretty good", or something along those lines. Those who already own 3BC might find a new level of determination to make it past level 10 (either by playing or buying stones) and all the way to trying out epic destinies. Those who don't own 3BC might buy it.

    As for the loot, if the devs keep making previously available gear obsolescent on a regular basis, then they'll burn out a lot of players and drive them away, shortening the life of the game. I like the game quite a bit, I'd like to have the option to play it for quite a while longer, and I hope the devs don't do that. That's why I'm hoping any new epic 3BC gear is on par with other gear (not clearly better or worse) and that it's got some good niche items that are useful to a broad array of characters.
    Last edited by EnjoyTheMoment; 12-24-2013 at 11:08 AM.

  15. #235
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Its not that 2-3 people in this thread are justifying anything due to past moves. That past decision making is being pointed at to show the rest that Turbine isn't making these decisions based on what makes sense from a game perspective, but from what makes sense from a financial perspective. People keep trying to deny this, and then act puzzled about why the decision was made in the first place, when its blatantly clear to anyone who objectively analyzes the situation.
    The only thing blatantly clear is that all your boogiemen have "p2w" print jump suits like old school Riddler has "?".

    eGH is still staring at your "all decisions are purely about selling unpopular packs" narrative and scoffing... As am I, and anyone else that's grown tired of your white whale stories. Yes they make decisions with business in mind, get over it.

    You're actually reached the point where you're actively ignoring and refusing to address anything that doesn't fit into the fantasy you've constructed.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  16. #236
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist
    IronClan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    this is the part that some people have a hard time understanding. it goes hand in hand with any other thing in the game. people need to look full circle and not straight ahead with blinders on about some of these decisions and it makes things a lot easier to understand. what we want and what Turbine wants doesn't always mesh well together. sometimes a business has to make business decisions despite what the players want, but it doesn't always mean the decision will pan out like they hoped.
    The problem is their decisions have been bad for business in the past and there's also such a thing as penny wise pound foolish. Getting better sales for 3BC isn't so great if lots of players play it for a week, say "ho hum" because it's yet another not very epic feeling pack, and move on right away (like they did with Shadowfail). It is more of a success if it remains a popular pack for months... You know... like eGH still is?

    DDO has clearly lost lots of end game players, some of these probably because the highest levels of DDO are populated by boring pedestrian non-epic feeling slog fests, linear hack and slash and discontinuous non epic feeling enemies and themes. DDO's end game is so low fantasy and ho hum at this point that the "progression" of the game the "flow" feels completely a**backwards and disjointed.

    One of DDO's failings can be fairly said to have been inappropriate/lazy over re-use of monsters, overly repetitive content and a disjointed aimless "flow" as you progress in levels. From first to mid levels it's great... then from 14 to 20 it's epic, then from 20 22 it's a mixed bag, Carnival and Red Fens and House D stuff feels totally out of place with Lolth and Demonweb, but then so does Werewolf hospital, and druid/highroad stuff, then from 23 onward we have low level feeling prison, criminals and drain gutter cleaning, and mid level feeling Stormhorns.

    The feel of progression in the game is negatively impacted when you regress and overly re-use monsters, and backpadel into stuff that feels like low/mid level monsters with x5 hit points. The most epic content in the game is between level 14 and level 20...

    You are literally jumping the shark when you level past 14-20.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

  17. #237
    Community Member bartharok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Far beyond the ravens gate
    Posts
    5,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Yes, making it so those older players who didn't buy it, will need to if they want to be current on endgame.
    If they made a new pack, what then? Evil, right?
    Dystopia = utopia achieved

  18. #238
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    If they made a new pack, what then? Evil, right?
    Depends. Does that new pack have well built content with replay value or is it a bunch of NPCs who will ask you for shards to complete quest objectives and more power creep oriented gear?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  19. #239
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    20,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    The only thing blatantly clear is that all your boogiemen have "p2w" print jump suits like old school Riddler has "?".

    eGH is still staring at your "all decisions are purely about selling unpopular packs" narrative and scoffing... As am I, and anyone else that's grown tired of your white whale stories. Yes they make decisions with business in mind, get over it.

    You're actually reached the point where you're actively ignoring and refusing to address anything that doesn't fit into the fantasy you've constructed.
    You dont understand the financial lesson they learned with EGH, because if you did, you wouldnt be constantly bringing it up as proof that your personal bias toward me is somehow justified. Ive also addressed egh a few times now already, which you have glossed over due to having no answer for it. Please be familiar with my actual posting history (especially in the same thread) before quoting and not only making blatently false claims about it, but failing to address what was quoted as well. Go ahead and use your scroll bar, read the post I made on eGH, and come back with an answer that relates to what youre actually quoting rather than replying back with more peronally biased nonsense that has nothing to do with the quoted text.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

  20. #240
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    Yeah, and I agree with the suggestion to bump it to L12-14 too - I said a few pages back that in my view the reason 3BC is unpopular is not the quests or the explorer or anything like that, especially since the loot pass - it's that it's slap bang in the middle of an absolutely saturated level range.
    I'll second this idea, the heroic levels of 3bc should be bumped up to level 12-14 (would prefer 13-15 myself)... theres the need for more quests at these levels than the current levels 3bc is at.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload