Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

its lame the thred titel was changed.

"someone" huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You realize it would just be the loth's legs stage of CiTW but with different graphics?
    At least we wouldn't have to protect Coyle2. A net improvement.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

The real problem in 3BC with it being epic are the mobs. The mobs are not epic whatsover. What Turbine should do when they epicfy something is have the capicity to put different mobs in the quest in place of the existing mobs. They could put a bunch of demons in the quest instead of the rats which would feel at least somewhat epic.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    You know, reading through here again, I see lots of people claiming that this isn't epic, but they all seem to want Vale. These people are complaining because they are tired of epic wolves and spiders and commoners being bad guys, and they want something truly epic. So, let's break that down, shall we?

Vale of Twilight - Explorer:

Gnolls, Spiders, bats, scorpions, trolls, ogres, rats, dogs.

Let Sleeping Dust Lie - Quest:

Spiders, rats, ogres

Ritual Sacrifice - Quest:

Bats, Spiders, Elementals, Hyenas, Gnolls

Coalescence Chamber - Quest:

Bats, scorpions, gnolls, trolls, trogs

Rainbow in the Dark - Quest:

Gnolls, bats, rust monsters, trolls, trogs

Running With The Devils - Quest:

The only quest without your basic enemies, thought it DOES have air elementals, which don't feel very epic, either.

The Shroud - Raid:

Trogs, Trolls, Gnolls, and Orc and a Kobold.

Where is the epicness in fighting level 30 rats, bats, trolls and gnolls?
    I agree the Vale is terrible except for the raid and maybe running with the devils. Every other quest would be terrible.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You realize it would just be the loth's legs stage of CiTW but with different graphics?
    Turbine made quite decent kraken raid in lotro.

But they called it watcher over there.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I agree the Vale is terrible except for the raid and maybe running with the devils. Every other quest would be terrible.
    This is actually another point I wanted to make. The people who aren't complaining of wolves and spiders (and even then, some of those do this too,) complain about the quest design. "It's just run through this room, kill this, run through that room, kill that, run into boss room, kill bag of hit points." But, isn't that what Running with the Devils is? Isn't that most of Gianthold? Is everyone complaining just doing it because they want something to complain about?
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by darkly_dreaming View Post
    I don't mind Epic 3BC, it'd be even more interesting if they included an option for an epic wilderness.

What I would not want, however, are epic Threnal, Delera's, Sorrowdusk, or Tangleroot. Quest chains that have no option for picking up individual quests without slogging through the whole chain are not good epic material to me.
    Ugh. Epic Tangleroot? Already it's like having beans for dinner every day, but the beans represent hobgoblins.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    The real problem in 3BC with it being epic are the mobs. The mobs are not epic whatsover. What Turbine should do when they epicfy something is have the capicity to put different mobs in the quest in place of the existing mobs. They could put a bunch of demons in the quest instead of the rats which would feel at least somewhat epic.
    i agree there should be an epic feel to epic 3BC, but demons? however way they make it epic, it should follow the storyline and im sure they are getting approval through WOTC beforehand anyways.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Arianka View Post
    its lame the thred titel was changed.

"someone" huh?
    The title was a personal attack against Tolero, an obvious violation of forum rules. Glad they changed it.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    The title was a personal attack against Tolero, an obvious violation of forum rules. Glad they changed it.
    When "you love 3BC" is viewed as a personal attack, you know that the adventure pack is bad...
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    This is actually another point I wanted to make. The people who aren't complaining of wolves and spiders (and even then, some of those do this too,) complain about the quest design. "It's just run through this room, kill this, run through that room, kill that, run into boss room, kill bag of hit points." But, isn't that what Running with the Devils is? Isn't that most of Gianthold? Is everyone complaining just doing it because they want something to complain about?
    No. Running with the devils is more unique mobs with moderate HP, they have specific DR, cast powerful spells, and have decent saves / resists. This is why I like this quest. They are not merely sacks of HP like most hobgoblins, ogres, and bugbears. This is one of the main reasons people complain about rwtd, because most of the stuff before and after it was run forward and kill sacs of HP. When they get to rwtd and try the same strategy, they get killed and then come to the boards and complain, because they fully expected another steamroll fest.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

I do not really know anyone with this map pack? It was the one map pack i never bothered with because the loot stunk and the xp was not needed. A ton of my buddies felt the same way. I may pick it up now if it has some cool epic loot....

I think that will be a defining factor in getting people to buy this pack and run it. If Feather of the sun wants to make all the loot like the Masters riposte weapon then they will not get my money. If they make it cool i will spring for the pack. If Turbine plays it right they could revamp the map pack and make some money in the process. If they screw the pooch and give us loot like the Masters riposte then no one will care!

I do not mean for the loot to outshine CITW weapons, but i sure hope its unique, imaginative, new and fun. That will be enough to get me to buy it.
    Born to play, Forced to work !

I friggen love how people defend someone being deliberately snide as if it's perfectly acceptable.

Main: 18 Artificer, Thelanis

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    When "you love 3BC" is viewed as a personal attack, you know that the adventure pack is bad...
    *facepalm*

Thats not what the title meant. With the original title the OP was basically accusing the developer of doing her job poorly, being out of touch with the playerbase and/or selfish influencing the dev team to make the game what she wants it to be instead of what the player base really wants.

Which is obviously complete garbage.

*facepalm*

Thats not what the title meant. With the original title the OP was basically accusing the developer of doing her job poorly, being out of touch with the playerbase and/or selfish influencing the dev team to make the game what she wants it to be instead of what the player base really wants.

The player base has been pretty clear about what we want in general:

1) more content in general - more quests and more raids.
    2) an end game
    3) epic shroud - not "epic" kobolds
    4) Tokens of the Twelve and Festivult coins in the Forgotten Realms.

I'll admit that number 4 might just be me, but the rest is all pretty commonly heard on the forums. I've never heard anyone ask for Epic 3BC. I've even heard people ask for Epic Deleras, but not 3BC. If a Turbine employee declared that epic 3BC was important because it was what the player base wanted, then that person really would be either be doing their job poorly, out of touch with the player base or simply selfish. That's not a personal attack - that's a criticism of a poor choice that the person made in the course of their job.

edit: I'd point out some things that actually *would* be personal attacks instead of professional criticisms, but those are expressly forbidden, so I don't see any need to make personal comments even though I do think that the decision to epic 3BC was a very poor one - no matter who made it.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by enochiancub View Post
    I friggen love how people defend someone being deliberately snide as if it's perfectly acceptable.
    Which person do you view as having been deliberately snide?
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

*facepalm*

Tolero is not a dev. she's a mod.

no one was acusing her of doing a bad job.

The title of your thread reminds me of a dilbert comic that I can only find in The Dilbert Principle. What I can say is that Turbine must have had one too many free sandwiches at their last meeting.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Do we really need another Epic Pirate adventure pack? I'd argue Sentinels of Stormreach is enough.

Look, 3BC is an OK area. It has some interesting quests and some decent landscape modelling. However, some of the quests date from the beginning of DDO and their designs are a bit dated and I would put them in the lower 25% in terms of overall quality. Just a bunch of quick, easy, reasonably fun quests.

I just don't see the logic in swinging the epic bat at this one unless some major revamps are planned, including art assets.

A lot of quests that would provide more benefit from the Epic treatment .. personally I'd love to see Tempest Spine or Restless Isles (still one of my fav areas).

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    3) epic shroud - not "epic" kobolds
    So, epic Gnolls, dogs, rats, spiders and ogres? Seems very epic to me!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast