Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default Just because someone loves 3 Barrel Cove does not mean it should have been Epic'd

Seriously what is Epic about pirates and bugbears and hobgoblins and Ogres?

It boggles my mind that in a turbine meeting room at some point someone said "seeing the success of epic Gianthold, our next re-vamp is logically going to be 3BC..."

And no one laughed and asked Okay whats the real next Epic pack revamp?

You have Shroud, an Interplaner Devil invasion, A Necropolis with a guy trying to turn himself from a Lich into a God, Twilight Forge ancient apocalyptic war machine.

You also have an end game that could sorely use a revamped old end game raid, Such as Shroud, TOD, Abbot or even SubT... 3BC isn't just a failure to feel the pulse of the community, it's a failure to take an opportunity to revamp a part of old engame INTO NEW ENDGAME.

You went with Pirates and skelly filled tombs, rats, Trog infested dungeons and Halfing Necromancers? Cave bats and Minortours?

It could have been Pitfiends, Demons and Devils and Liches, Doomshperes and Demi-gods, Warforged Titans from Apocalyptic wars. But those aren't Epic enough. We needed pirates and brigands and and criminals and rats and scorpions.

Remember that kids game where draw lines to connect the things that are related to each other?

Epic ..................... [Pirates/Pests/Brigands/Vermin]

Pedestrian ...................... [Liches/Demigods/Devils/Titans]

Match these up Turbine.
    Last edited by IronClan; 12-05-2013 at 09:31 PM.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

people have said the only way they would bother running those quests was if it became epic.

Tolero did trick us j/k. i thought the survey was for seeing what the player base thought of 3BC and the devs would make some changes to the pack for better player interest.

i will more than likely check it out, but im not really excited about it. im just not a fan of the pack even though i run those quests once every life for xp and favor. almost any other pack and i probably would have been more excited about the news. i would really love to see the story continue in Amrath and make use of that teleporter in the Twelve.

But everyone already owns the popular packs. By revamping something nobody runs, you got more potential sales...
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    But everyone already owns the popular packs. By revamping something nobody runs, you got more potential sales...
    this would be the real reason behind 3BC being epic'd instead of another, more popular pack
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

Default 3barrel....R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus451 View Post
    this would be the real reason behind 3BC being epic'd instead of another, more popular pack
    not worthy of epic.

let's see what is the pack we have the fewest sales on and can max out sales..3B that one has the lest traffic (and for good reason).

redo the area and increase it's level, great...epic...waste of time.

will I run it?....if they put great stuff I will (like the +5 tome event BUT it's a risk. after running and getting ...'unhappy'... with the mabar event, had too take a few weeks off and play something different and almost didn't bother coming back....just as an example of forcing poor content on players).

If they do make it epic, hopefully the loot and exps are terrible and I can continue to not bother with it

lol I should of bought it when it was on sale , but even the lowbie twink weapon or two wasn't enough temptation for me .

Cause that worked so well for Sentinels...

Anyway, I don't see it as a bad idea. It will give people something to do while we wait for actual new stuff.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Sorrowdusk would've been the better choice, imo. Or Deleras. Or Shart Syndicate.
    I own every pack by buying them individually, and never touch 3bc, and doubt I will when it's epic.
    CBA to fix my forum title, RIP my old greenis.

Default Loot

Turbine revamped the loot in 3BC not that long ago so I'll be interested to see what that looks like in the epic incarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Cause that worked so well for Sentinels...
    Now now, that's completely different! One is pirate-themed and the other themed with pirates!
    We want more Monster Manuals.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Now now, that's completely different! One is pirate-themed and the other themed with pirates!
    Exactly:

Cove = Bucaneers
    Sentinals = Brigands
    Irestone = Raiders
    3BC = Scallywags

See all very different
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Default Ah haha

Ha. I see what u did there ^^ LOL.
    All Haiku courtesy of Kayerith: RAID HAIKU!!: Velah isn't scared//we are killing the zombies//Dahliya is mean? <> Running for the hound!//making babbies fight mommy!//Michael Vick Approved <> Do you trust the shroud?//We must fight Harry two times//bring D-R Breakers <> Race haiku!!: Rusties eat war-forged//I laugh at their suffering//the screams are funny <> War-forged have no souls//batteries not included//save your receipt please <> Toaster surfing haiku!!: Jumping in the air//warforged crowding below me//I cannot get down!!! <> Confusion claims me!//which gender has facial hair?//male or female dwarves? <> It cannot be true! // a dwarf with no beard appears!//ABOMINATION!!
    http://orderoftheemeraldclaw.guildlaunch.com/

Community Member

Well, personally, I love Three Barrel Cove. I make sure to run it on every one of my characters, even on their first life. So, I am very excited to see 3BC getting the epic treatment. No reason pirates, ogres, and kobolds can't be epic enemies.

i wonder if it will be called Return to Three Barrel Cove. Prove Your Worth had a lot more votes than i thought it would. if it goes epic, fix the broken ladder so i can climb my way to the top without doing summersaults in the air from ladder piece to ladder piece or an elevator and i might run the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    i wonder if it will be called Return to Three Barrel Cove. Prove Your Worth had a lot more votes than i thought it would. if it goes epic, fix the broken ladder so i can climb my way to the top without doing summersaults in the air from ladder piece to ladder piece or an elevator and i might run the quest.
    The ladders in prove your worth hare really easy,just use mouse look,look backwards and jump.

Really if you cant do something so simple makes me wonder what else you cant do in game.

But Epic 3BC sounds boring,just humanoids getting way to many hit points.At least ETK had a reason why Kobolds got so many hit points but what happens in 3BC epic will surely just be HP tacked on the same monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    The ladders in prove your worth hare really easy,just use mouse look,look backwards and jump.

Really if you cant do something so simple makes me wonder what else you cant do in game.

But Epic 3BC sounds boring,just humanoids getting way to many hit points.At least ETK had a reason why Kobolds got so many hit points but what happens in 3BC epic will surely just be HP tacked on the same monsters.
    really? presume much? are there any quests besides Prove Your Worth you actually need to know how to do summersaults from ladder to ladder. congrats to you for nailing down that skill.

im glad you think summersaulting in the air from ladder to ladder is easy. i think making the climb in Coal Chamber is easy, but i don't question players abilities in other parts of the game because they have trouble doing it.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post

No need to be a pretentious jerk about it.

I CURRENTLY find the ladders easy, because I'm playing on a low-latency connection.

You try doing the ladder jumps on a 1000 ms satellite connection, then come back and tell us how easy it is.

It requires reasonably good timing, and there's plenty of reasons that might not be easy for someone.

That's a great idea... let's make a quest EPIC, but then make it easier than it already is... perfect logic.

Default it is a challenge to complete

...I like hack and slash,but variety in quests is greatSorry that is tough(i only made up thee 2x so far,myself)
    Mercyful Fate/ King Diamond link{ http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com } /''horror and moral terror are your friends'',Col. Kurtz/King Diamond Coven , lvl 79Ghallanda /43 Sarlona

Community Member

Am I missing something?

I've done the ladder climb in PYW on characters with low STR, no investments in jump, and no jump clicky, spell, or pot, and it's very simple. Stop your upward climb about 2 rungs below the top of the ladder your character is currently climbing, before lining up your cursor for the jump to the next ladder -- any higher and your character might fall off. Next, you aim your cursor for right in the middle of the ladder to which you wish to jump, and then you jump. Be careful to jump to the closest ladder, when there are two ladders available.

You're not being attacked or under any kind of time pressure, and so you're free to make certain each jump will succeed before you attempt it. If you're not certain that you'll find it easy, then equip a feather falling item before beginning the climb and you'll find making the jumps even easier.

I find the puzzle in PYW much more annoying because if you mess up your first attempt, for which you can just follow the ddowiki solution, then it can be a pain to solve afterward.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast