Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Might be nice to get an old & relatively neglected line revamped (again) - but personally, i'd have preferred they did Threnal & fix the existing heroic level version at the same time.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

I, for one, look forward to new riveting gameplay in Epic Guard Duty.

If we don't go back to the beach, how can DDO officially jump the shark?

Read the OP but not much else, so maybe somebody already said this, maybe not...

I agree, if the quests are simply "epicified" as is (which seems likely IMO) it won't feel very epic; but 3BC has at least one thing going for it many more suitable packs don't: volume. Of all the heroic quest packs, I think Three Barrel has more quests in it than any other - except maybe Threnal, and I'll take Epic 3BC over Epic Coyle any day! Not saying that makes this a great choice, but they could've done worse.
    Now excuse me while I wander off to arm myself with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and hunker down behind my Armored Beer Refrigerator, while I have the UFO's take control of the Congresional Wives with the help of the International Cocaine Smugglers and the Evil Geniuses for a Better Tomorrow

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Nadion View Post
    I find it silly and immersion breaking when opponents which are obviously of sub epic calibre are just given a pile more stats and declared to be epic.
    But this describes 90% of the epics we currently have. What is epic about attacking a goddess's uterus while she just stands there throwing curses and draining sp? What is epic about fighting wave after wave of inflated bags of hp? The current state of epics in ddo is defined by "a pile more stats" not clever strategy and unique mechanics. To be clear, I don't like that this is the case, but it's silly to think that there is anything epic about our current epics.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

I adore 3 Barrel Cove but I have been against every single suggestion to turn it into a High Level Pack!

It's Perfect where it is thank you very much {Maybe change Slayer to Max Lvl 9 to fit in with BB on Scoundrel's Run and Old Grey Garl}.

I would however like to see an Epic Raid in the Massive Arch out there - A Raid that Utilised Epic Opponents rather than the standard Mobs from Heroic Cove obviously!

BUT

There are Three Packs that are crying out to be Epicced:

Restless Isles
    Threnal {Was End Game at one point, Was made to be End Game, NEEDS TO BE END GAME!}
    Attack on Stormreach {Both Chains}.

PLUS:

When are we gonna get Epic Shroud and SubT Raids Devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    It isnt a summersault.If you need that much help with it i can show you how to do it. climb ladder,use mouse look to look backwards,jump and push the "W" key

There are plenty of quests where you have to do stuff besides killing monsters.Prove your worth is one of the easier ones.

Try what i said,you will scurry up those ladders in no time.
    i wasn't being literal with summersault. ive been in groups before with people showing me how to do it and ive literally spent an hour a couple times in there trying to do it. the best ive done is getting 3/4 the way to the top. i do like quests that offer more than a straight up mob fight, but this is just something i cant do and im not worried about not being able to do it. i moved on from it.

epic vale, amrath
    moar ghostbane
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Pretty easy to understand why they are doing it. Its likely the least selling of all packs, save for maybe restless isles. They have already revamped loot in it twice to entice more people to buy and run it. Id like to see epic vale first as well, but that pack is already likely the best seller or at least in the top three.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Pretty easy to understand why they are doing it. Its likely the least selling of all packs, save for maybe restless isles. They have already revamped loot in it twice to entice more people to buy and run it. Id like to see epic vale first as well, but that pack is already likely the best seller or at least in the top three.
    Exactly. And aside from that, its easily one of the most beautiful and interesting explorer areas in the game. I dont care if its epic rats, brigands, spiders...whatever. I just want it useful. Gimme

Default I like the idea..

I really like the idea of Three Barrel Cove getting a pass to be "epiced". And who is to say that a raid wouldn't be added to the pack? I don't see why the epic version of Three Barrel Cove couldn't include a raid. I'm not sure what the devs have in mind but I could see that as being a possibility to make the pack more of an interest to buy.

I have always liked Three Barrel Cove and I really enjoy running around the explorer zone. It is a beautiful landscape with quite a variety of different habitats: lagoons, high hills, rocky crevices, waterfalls, forest areas, etc. I hope when they make this pass they also add/convert the explorer zone to be an epic version as well.

I do agree that some of the other packs could definitely use some attention. I still think Threnal would also be a good pack to "epic", I can't just imagine having an Epic Retribution. But in the mean time, I will look forward to seeing how they handle Three Barrel Cove.

I've always enjoyed 3 barrel cove. I just dont go there due to the poor XP and difficulty(Time consuming) getting to quests.

As long as they fix those two things, it will be a huge success.

If they dont, it'll be a giant waste of time.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

I happen to like 3BC and many of the poepl that I run with regularly do as well.

Epic 3BC, yes please.

However I realize that it is not everyone's cup of tea.

I certainly understand the decision to make it Epic before some of the more popular choices, it has lots of quests and is probably a pack that does not sell as well due to the number of competing quests in it's Heroic quest range.

I still want to see several other packs get the Epic treatment.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrique View Post
    I really like the idea of Three Barrel Cove getting a pass to be "epiced". And who is to say that a raid wouldn't be added to the pack? .
    I hope so! I don't know the 3BC storyline that well. I can't think of who the raid boss would be...

A Pirate Ghost? Or Maybe a Ghost Pirate?

Or maybe it will be that ugly woman from the goonies with saving the kids as an auto fail raid requirement.
    Last edited by axel15810; 12-06-2013 at 08:26 AM.

With 3BC getting EPIC'd, I will fully admit I will be two times as likely to run it as I am now.
    Of course, two times zero is still zero.

Baffling choice. The only thing epic about this is in terms of mistakes and missed opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by dameron View Post
    Turbine revamped the loot in 3BC not that long ago so I'll be interested to see what that looks like in the epic incarnation.

I beleive this will be key to the success of revamping 3BC. If give us good/unique loot that will actually fill a need, people will buy it and run it.

Everyone is saying they wished the Shroud or ToD or Abbott quests....the thing is, I am sure they looked at all the packs out there and they went with the one that nobody runs. They want to try and get people out there again. I think the last time I even bothered going out there was when they redid the whole area. How many years ago was that? The XP isn't that good. It takes forever to find the missions and get out to them. No really good items drop out there.
    Officer - Eternal Wrath
    Burne Level 20 Human Paladin
    Sarlona

I wouldn't mind an epic version of 3BC, but not done like the other "just up the CR of the existing quests". That would be lame.

Reuse the explorer area base.

Maybe a great old thing has awakened ... 3BC has a number of crazy artifacts on the landscape that should be hallmarks of much bigger/badder foes.

Maybe a Disruptor-like series of giants invading from the water.

EDIT: I wouldn't say no to a giant kraken / sea creature attacking a beach with it's minions that had the feel of Weapon Shipment either.

Maybe the epic Fire Caves is not just CR boosted, but crazy like pre-ship-buffs-Taming-The-Flames-for-Permadeath.

Maybe there's an even older challenge AFTER Scoundrel's Run that makes you traipse through old trap-invested giant ruins.

Maybe Prove Your Worth creates the idol (boring pre-quest) and then a secondary really epic quest where you have to defeat the now animated idol/godling.

Maybe you have to defend the West Wind's Mistress from some sort of crazy attack (other Air Ships) bombarding it with cannon, etc. while it is at dock and you have to get to the other ships to destroy / disable them within 10 or 15 minutes.

I can totally see epic 3BC options ... but just upping the CR of existing monsters and traps would be supremely lame.
    Last edited by voodoogroves; 12-06-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

So, I'm in the middle of a quest and my guild leader pops in conversation with me in tells...

Guild Leader (GL): Hey, did you read the Producer's Letter over on the forums?
    Me: Not yet, been all about my xp farming this am.
    GL: They are announcing that the next set of epic quests will be Three Barrel Cove!
    Me: What!?!
    GL: Three Barrel Cove is going epic!
    Me: Ugh...
    GL: You don't seem excited.
    Me: ...

/signed to the OP
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Personally, I think they should make a second explorer area for this. They have a whole island to explore. There is no reason why we would have to explore the same area as we explore at the lower levels. This would also give them the flexibility to create new places to hide the quest entrances. Yes, this would mean they would have to create all new quests, but I think that would be a good thing. Also, there is no reason why the enemies have to be only pirates, orcs, and kobolds. Don't forget there is a tiefling rare. So, they have the lore in place to make use of (at least) tieflings - and where there are tieflings, there are often devils and demons.

One thing I think would be really cool for a quest would be to have an airship battle - but instead of the ship just flying along like in Acute Delirium, make it so a player has to actually fly the ship. Then, force your party to board an enemy airship to do battle there. If the enemy airship moves about a bit, then that would continue to require attention and possibly skill in keeping the players' airship alongside the enemy airship. You could even give the airships weaponry, like cannons, which would give players a whole new kind of fighting to experience. Really, what would be cool is if *this* was the raid. You could then let players take over a few airships and enable them to engage in a larger airship battle, where they are required to use the airships' weapons rather than boarding and fighting hand to hand.

Point being that there is all kinds of ways they can go with this if they are allowed to get creative ("allowed" as in "given the time and resources required to make cool stuff happen").

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Personally, I think they should make a second explorer area for this. They have a whole island to explore. There is no reason why we would have to explore the same area as we explore at the lower levels.
    I completely disagree. 3BC's explorer area is BEAUTIFUL, one of the best in the game, and it's a shame nobody uses the content. This will finally remedy that, I'm going to be really happy when it is epic'd. Besides, it's way too much work to redo the explorer area entirely. That defeats the purpose of remaking old content, which is to save time/resources. If they were going to create an entirely new adventure area it should be in a completely new set of content.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast