Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I asked for help from GM's and this was the responce

I posted a ticket because I tr'd, I tried to make a monk with 2 long swords who could be a light monk with heals.

The description of whirling steel said "Need long sword proficiency" , and I checked and had it under Martial weapon proficiency.

This is what followed.

1st ticket

Description:
    I have 1 fighter 5 monk I was about to take another monk level but i wanted as my class skill whirling steel. It says it requires weapon proficiency long sword I have that. I kept taking more monk levels then I wanted just so I could get this feat.

The issue you have described has been recorded for review by the In-Game Support team but is not an issue that we can assist with. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://ddobugs.turbine.com/ to aid in the research of this issue. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled. -

2nd ticket

Description:
    You just reset my ticket... I don't want to play this class if it cant use long swords. I am a vip... I am not gonna struggle through 20 levels of a **** broken class. I am upset you just sent my ticket to the "what ever" bin. Give me a character reset or some thing. I will cancel my subscription today if this is the way I am treated. Its a game, its supposed to be fun. I was hoping to get to 20 in time for the edr heart.

To send a complaint regarding the game or the service you received, please visit http://www.turbine.com/support and click on the flag appropriate to the language you would like to provide feedback in. Then click the “Support Center” tab, followed by “Submit Feedback”. Although you may not receive a response, all complaints are read and taken into consideration by the appropriate managers. -

So 3rd ticket

Description:
    So your answer instead of, "Hey, let me try an help." Is, "if you have a problem with us take it up with management"?

Now, I don't understand this...

I asked for help and 1st they closed the ticket with out even sending me an in game message.

Is it just me, or is it too much to ask for them to simply try an help or to explain why they won't?

I know for a fact they could have set up a free lesser incarnation with almost no trouble.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 12-05-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: GM names removed according to Community Guidelines

http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirling_Steel_Strike
    Whirling Steel Strike

Usage: Passive
    Prerequisite:
    Weapon Focus: Slashing
    Monk Level 1
    one of following;
    Proficiency: Longswords, Favored by the Sovereign Host, or Half-Elf race with Fighter dilettante.

Description

You treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

Note

A Fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.
    A Monk may select this feat as one of his martial arts feats.
    Not the gm's fault you tl:dr'd building a toon.

Community Member

Normally I would let this slip, but grinding to 20 in time for the vip December heart was going to be a struggle for me in time with my real life holiday priorities. So playing to 20 as a broken build I know I wouldn't make it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Whirling_Steel_Strike

Not the gm's fault you tl:dr'd building a toon.
    uhmm I have long sword proficiency... how is it my fault I cant choose whirling steel?

Quote Originally Posted by Croffer View Post
    uhmm I have long sword proficiency... how is it my fault I cant choose whirling steel?
    I see you didn't read again, requires weapon focus: slashing. Reading really helps.

Do you have weapon focus: slashing?

Community Member

And in game, under the pre requisites it does not show

"Weapon Focus: Slashing"

And as far as trusting a wiki... as far as I understand anyone can add to those. I chose to trust the description given in the game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    I see you didn't read again, requires weapon focus: slashing. Reading really helps.
    reading does help....

But am I supposed to go to some outside site when the in game description clearly does not say that?

And as far as trusting a wiki... as far as I understand anyone can add to those. I chose to trust the description given in the game.
    Bug it then because it does require weapon focus slashing. I built a fvs/monk with longswords to test wp, it does require wf: slashing. You should know better than to trust anything made by Turbine.

Community Member

Sorry to hear about your difficulty, but you really don't know our wiki very well.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

reading does help....

But am I supposed to go to some outside site when the in game description clearly does not say that?
    Yes you can never trust Turbine for accurate information. I learned that my first month of playing.

Community Member

Well that's easy enough to fix then, and ty for explaining that I was missing that.

The point is that a GM could have taken 1 second to actually respond or reply.

Community Member

Well that's easy enough to fix then, and ty for explaining that I was missing that.

No argument there.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

I don't believe they're real gm's. I think they're automated bots for the most part that just close tickets, and they've probably never played the game or built a toon even if you got the rare real person.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Sorry to hear about your difficulty, but you really don't know our wiki very well.
    So does wiki trump the in game descriptions?

What I mean is that if I read some thing on wiki and it turned out to not be true, and lets say I messed up a toon or purchased some thing that didn't work, Would turbine do anything about it?

My guess would be that they would say that they do not honor outside sources.

What I mean is that if I read some thing on wiki and it turned out to not be true, and lets say I messed up a toon or purchased some thing that didn't work, Would turbine do anything about it?

They don't honor ingame sources either.

Usually what's on the wiki is likely to be more true than what Turbine has, sadly. Turbine has earned itself a bit of a track record with having bad descriptions. Also, between the description and the behavior, when it comes to fixing the mismatch, Turbine will more often than not fix that which is beneficial to players. A description that says something should be more awesome than it actually behaves, fix the description. A behavior that is more awesome than the description says it should be, fix the behavior

Community Member

In game description of WSS states:
    Requires: Monk class level 1
    Requires: Weapon Focus: Longsword
    Requires one of:
    -Proficiency: Longsword
    -Follower of the Sovereign Host
    -Half Elf Dilettante: Fighter

You failed at reading.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

In the feat list in-game, it does mention Weapon Focus, though as "Long Sword" not "Slashing", which I suppose could be confusing.
    It's definitely an N-word.

Dear Turbine,

Reading is hard. People that can read are able to build better toons than me because they can figure out feat pre-reqs. This is unfair as with the better builds they're able to perform better and complete more quests. This is obviously a major game balance issue that needs to be fixed.

NERF READING NAOW

Signed,

A disgruntled customer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast