Community Member pseudomasochist's Avatar

Default Bug that's allowing players to be killed in public areas

A party I was a member of - all level 2 TRs - was in the Korthos tavern about to start The Collaborator when one person goes ding. He "releases" and before we could figure out what happened, he dings again. It turns out another person in the tavern was exploiting some bug that allowed him to damage other people's characters. My party mate copied and pasted this from his combat log:

Code:
    (Party:): [Party] (redacted): (redacted)'s d n t notforplayers! eff_enh_wildhunter_feypower_1_dmg hit you for 139 points of force damage.
    He was still there after we finished the quest because myself and another person got killed while turning the quest in. This was what my combat log showed:

Code:
    (Combat): (redacted)'s rainbow hit you for a total of 63 points of acid damage after 30 were blocked by energy resistance.
    All three of us reported the incident. One got a canned response and the other two tickets were closed without any reply.

This happened on Thelanis but I posted here to warn other servers also. Apparently taverns aren't safe places anymore. The perpetrator is a long time player who's in an established guild so it was no accident. This was deliberate griefing.

Edit: I meant to post this in the General DDO Discussion sub-forum. Please move the thread there if possible.
    Last edited by pseudomasochist; 12-05-2013 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Grasp of the earth dragon + shiradi, it's not a bug it's a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    Grasp of the earth dragon + shiradi, it's not a bug it's a feature.
    That was probably what happened because the griefer was a monk. It was nice of him to test this "feature" where new players tend to congregate.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo View Post
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    If some people are so bored, frustrated, or whatever with the game that they need to get their jollies by griefing, maybe all would be better served if they looked for another game rather than attempt to ruin this one for others. I'm not trying to judge or tell people what to do; goodness knows I get irritated with how DDO is run sometimes so it would be like the pot calling the kettle black. There are lots of other games out there and finding them is as easy as apple pie.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudomasochist View Post
    If some people are so bored, frustrated, or whatever with the game that they need to get their jollies by griefing, maybe all would be better served if they looked for another game rather than attempt to ruin this one for others. I'm not trying to judge or tell people what to do; goodness knows I get irritated with how DDO is run sometimes so it would be like the pot calling the kettle black. There are lots of other games out there and finding them is as easy as apple pie.
    Everyone knows that the expression is "easy as pi", referring to ratio of circumference to radius. This fact alone invalidates everything else you've said.

Also, one cannot watch the world burning without being inside said world.
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them. Far too often players use it as a tool to push there own agenda and twist numbers to cause strife where its not due.

Some people like to watch this world burn.

Others like to watch more cube-shaped worlds burn, sometimes literally
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Community Member

Default Ddo has gone downhill

My Advice is not just quit ddo You Cannot pvp as a mage at all since everyone is immune to all spells now!(: second Bugs like these ruin the game ddo is out for nothing but making money Third its hard to even catch their help servers online!

Pvp
    If you want to pvp then play games that are meant for pvp, not mmos.

Some people will tell you this is funny, stop whining and just enjoy the game.