Hi. Today I wanted to give you all an early glimpse into some of our plans on the character advancement front and see what you thought. We are thinking of implementing a new Epic Destiny in the Divine Sphere for possible release in our next update. The main goals that we’ve come up with so far are:
1. Provide an interesting new Epic Destiny option in the Divine Sphere.
2. Complete the Divine Sphere’s array of Epic Destinies, bringing it up to three, like the other spheres.
3. Introduce a potent melee damage dealing Epic Destiny option in the Divine Sphere, giving melee-centric characters another interesting secondary destiny to play outside of their favorites.
4. Provide several non-melee-centric abilities that pair nicely with other character classes who wish to further their progress in the Divine Sphere. These would be targeted at, for example, casting-heavy clerics and favored souls, but would be an interesting alternative to other casters as well.
Here are some of the ability ideas that we are kicking around:
1. Aura of Purity (This would be Passive or a timed Toggle.)
- You would emit a purifying aura that debuffs enemies with small stacking debuffs to their attack and damage.
- If passive, smaller debuffs over longer times.
- If toggle, larger debuffs, shorter duration.
- This aura could also cast Lesser/Medium/Greater Restoration on allies over time.
2. Extraordinary Virtue (would be passive)
- You would gain great resistance to evil curse effects and possibly negative energy and evil debuffs such as the sicken effect from Unholy Blight.
3. Consecration (would be an active, spell-like ability)
- Bind an enemy so that it can do no harm for a lengthy duration. The enemy could continue to perform melee attacks for negligible or zero damage and would be unable to cast spells. Bosses would be immune.
4. Overwhelming Smite (active)
- Upgraded melee Smite ability: As you smite a target enemy, there would be a chance of causing an AOE blast that deals massive divine damage to all nearby enemies as well as extra damage and knockdown to your primary target.
5. Celestial Champion (always on passive)
- You would become a holy melee warrior, with full BAB (if you don’t have it already), +X sacred bonus to damage on all melee and ranged attacks, a sacred bonus to critical threat range, possibly add some wisdom or charisma mod to attack bonus and damage.
Keep in mind that all of these will most likely change. We just wanted to get some early development ideas in front of you to get your impressions on them. These exact abilities are not necessarily likely but are just a sample of our thinking.
What do you think might make an interesting ability to have in this tree?
Between melee offense, melee defense, spell offense, and healing, which direction would you like to see the tree lean towards? (Leaning toward more than one of these is possible, but there are only so many abilities which can fit in one tree. “Leaning” also implies that when you lean toward something, you are leaning away from something else, i.e. you can’t lean toward all four things at the same time and be a one man army. )