Community Member

Question help crafting Rock Boots

So I got some nifty advice to make some Rock Boot for my Rogue TR and I've decided that I'd like to give it try. I've been playing DDO since back when there was a tent in the Marketplace but I've never crafted anything from the Challenges. I'm confused.

For the slippery surfaces I'm going to need level 12 Tier 2, so I found the crafting people in House C to check out the recipes. To get a level Tier 2 boots I need to have level Tier 1 boots and then upgrade them with a bunch of ingredients. That's easy. But how do I get the level 12 Tier 1 boots? There a recipe to upgrade level 12 boots to Tier 1 and there's another recipe to craft level 11 boots, but I couldn't see anything to craft level 12 boots. I did find a recipe to upgrade level 8 boots to level 12 boots. Since this is a massive grind (more on that below), I would like to make sure that I get it right. Am I crafting the level 11 boots and then applying the Tier 1 and Tier 2 upgrades? Will those boots work in that recipe? The DDOWiki seems to imply that you take the level 11 boots and upgrade them with Tiers 1 & 2. Please don't tell me that you have to start with level 4 boots, upgrade them to level 8, upgrade them to level 12 and then add Tier 1 and Tier 2!

As for the ingredient grind, I'm in a bit of a bind so would appreciate suggestions. I have two toons that could run the challenges - a level 22 Ranger and a level 24 Wizard. I took the Ranger in on level 20 and it was tough without crowd control. I failed a couple times although granted I didn't really have a handle on what was happening. The Wizard was a lot easier, although on successful completions I was only getting 60-70 ingredients due to being over-level. (I also haven't figured out how to kill the dragon + get the Motes + complete successfully and it doesn't help that I have a gimp fleshy Archmage, but that's a completely different thread.) I suppose that I could grind 60-70 ingredients at a time although depending on the answer to question in the paragraph above I'm not sure how many hours I'd interested in dedicating to this.

I'd really like to give this a go, so any help would be appreciated.

Community Member

Default Please ignore this thread

Please ignore this thread.

I posted by accident in https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ing-Rock-Boots and that seems to be where the conversation is taking place.

Thank you.