Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Last I knew you had to have at least one toon per account that has completed Korthos before you are allowed to skip it.
    Boldor of Renowned

Dp
    Last edited by Chai; 12-04-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Guanmagi-1 View Post
    Rolling up a toon in DDO is the closest any MMO has ever come to PNP. D&D players would view that process as a huge win.
    Until they saw people using abilities that do 20d30 damage, and 10d100 damage, at level 1.

What drives twisploiters to even PUG anyhow? Why do they jump into groups with random newbies and then use abilities the newbies cant have to wipe everything out effortlessly. Follow that through to conclusion objectively and youll see why this isnt good.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by locksmith View Post
    Last I knew you had to have at least one toon per account that has completed Korthos before you are allowed to skip it.
    Just helped a friend on a fresh account the other day, was able to skip after the tutorial.

Hmmm. Don't believe you.

last month I made a new account for bank space and had to run the whole thing.
    Boldor of Renowned

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Valid information begets valid information.
    Like knowing how improved Sunder affects a monk's QP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Yes, we all know you were right back in 2009 before you took an arrow to the knee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I wish there were a way to never see any of your posts.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

I bet more potential new folks leave due to the hilarious level of p2w than due to the twists in heroics bug, especially if they are joining due to the D&D name.
    Hey man this never gets old 50,937 "P2W" posts ago. I like your (non "P2W") posts but even I am starting to see your Avatar pic and moving on to the next post, knowing that no matter how unrelated the thread is, that it will contain yet another overhand full backhaul, two fisted swing at the vaguely horse shaped dried up stain at your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    -IMO ofc- likely not citing Heroic Twist effects as the "unD&Dish" thing that drove them off.
    I agree, DDO has been driving off D&D players since day one, and is the primary reason it's a niche MMO. FPS with D&D characters just isn't most D&D players cup of tea, the Successful D&D games bare little resemblance to DDO.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

Community Member

I have easy fix for this problem. ROLL A SORC!

That is all.
    sorry. too much self respect.

Community Member

Until they saw people using abilities that do 20d30 damage, and 10d100 damage, at level 1.

What drives twisploiters to even PUG anyhow? Why do they jump into groups with random newbies and then use abilities the newbies cant have to wipe everything out effortlessly. Follow that through to conclusion objectively and youll see why this isnt good.
    sry to say. but it doesnt matter ho many D20, 30 or 100 an ability does below lvl13. even the druids earlier version of reaving roar that did what 13d6 killed everything in elite dungeons up until about lvl 12, when it started to only partially kill them (probably down to 50% by lvl 15), which is probably why they nerfed it down to 5d6 instead with the enhancement pass

primal scream is 5 per rest. its not unlimited, and still only about 300av dmg, above 15, thats not alot of damage unless you run through hte entire stack of screams on a single room. I highly doubt newbies actually care what players who have TR'd are using. heck, by the time it starts getting useful (after lvl 13) most TR's have greensteel weapons, which newbies probably would see as overpowered as well.

Lol. To much self respect? So you are saying anyone that can one shot a mob is a sellout?
    Boldor of Renowned

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    If I just started playing DDO and I saw primal scream cheaters level 1-20 in 3 days I would leave and never come back. How many have we lost already?
    If they just started playing I dont think they would even know what that spell is.

Community Member

No.

When I noticed a person who could play a lot better than I could, I watched them and asked them questions. I didn't quit. I don't think that a person who quits because someone else is better is going to last very long in ANY MMO, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    If I just started playing DDO and I saw primal scream cheaters level 1-20 in 3 days I would leave and never come back. How many have we lost already?
    How does someone else using Primal Scream affect you? Is there some sort of competition to level that I am unaware of?

And if so, what is the prize for first, second, and third places?

Community Member

They know what "push one button kills everything on the map" is though. Anyone who joined due to the D&D name would imediately see theres an issue with that.
    Are you talking about the twist "exploit", or the sorcerer SLAs, or cleave with carnifex, or one of dozens of other overpowered things at low levels?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    How does someone else using Primal Scream affect you?
    If someone gave me +5 to my stats in my first quest off the boat, I would quit the game immediately. Yep. That's what I would do. I'm a quitter and +5 to my str would infuriate me at level 1 and I would throw my computer out the window and never log into another game again. I wouldn't ever use facebook or email anymore either. Nope. That would be the end of the internet for me.

Seriously - this is a insanely ridiculous idea.

OP - if you were trolling stop, you aren't good at it. If you weren't trolling still stop.

Community Member

Toss Boulder... Really, 1 kill ever 20 seconds? Butchers patch completion in... 80 * 20 = 1600 / 60 = over 26 minutes...

Primal Scream, 5 shots and you are done. Round them up and use acid blast / burning hands SLAs can do the same thing without the 5 shot limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Toss Boulder... Really, 1 kill ever 20 seconds? Butchers patch completion in... 80 * 20 = 1600 / 60 = over 26 minutes...

Primal Scream, 5 shots and you are done. Round them up and use acid blast / burning hands SLAs can do the same thing without the 5 shot limitation.
    LOLz . . . just whip out the Carnifax and cleave!

Community Member

Anyone can skip snowy nowdays. The tutorial takes 10 minutes even for a newbie. Valid information begets valid information.
    So we are worried about D&D purists who would find epic destiny twists so offensive that they would quite the game, yet the same purist skips snowy korthos?

The number of people in that dataset is probably smaller than the number that quit DDO due to your P2W posts.

Community Member

Lol. To much self respect? So you are saying anyone that can one shot a mob is a sellout?
    well everyone that can oneshot groups of mobs all the time with various spells to choose from. i mean: im fine when single target spells do big damage. but freaking aoe blasts wipe whole rooms of stuff? its just stupid. and it gets even more stupid with draconic in epics.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast