Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Cracks me up.
    When was the last time you saw a druid join let's say pug ( or even half pug ) Fot ,Citw or even stupid Shroud and stepped up saying " I got this ". Never .
    Never in tens of raids since druids were introduced.
    Never gotten single buff from druid. They barely heal themselves.
    I've had druids heal pretty often. Usually done when forming a raid group and only getting one cleric/fvs... if we have druids or bards, I ask them if they're cool concentrating on healing, and 9 times out of 10 they are, and all goes just fine.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinoki_Garratt View Post
    You know a Bard when built right can run EE's as a party healer, ok you have to res from scrolls but you've a high enough umd to never fail a roll on actual ressurection scrolls, a heal skill in the high 50's & cc dc's on enchantment about 56 b4 buffs only thing is you'll have no dps what so ever but your mass cure mods proc for about 500 hp & your heals between 800-2k depending on crits & ppls heal amp (emowered & maximised my heals will hit for more obviously). Also if you build right you'll have 2800 sp or there abouts so if your wanting a cc/heal build just throwing the idea out there Bards ftw
    Very true. Bards are another option. Not as easy to get right as a Cleric or FvS but people who have some knowledge and experience can pull it off as you said. As you say though, they will then lack DPS so as with the others, will end up lacking in one area, which is fair. I don't really think any of them should be equally as strong in all areas. This is a team game and the idea is you have all areas covered within your party. The druid is as close as you will get to being strong in all areas, but still lacking in CC variety and very lacking in mass party buffs, both of which the Bard is strongest.
    Toons: Markeyx Markeyi, MarkeyKoS, MarkeyKoS-1
    Guild: Attrition

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post
    Cracks me up.
    When was the last time you saw a druid join let's say pug ( or even half pug ) Fot ,Citw or even stupid Shroud and stepped up saying " I got this ". Never .
    Never in tens of raids since druids were introduced.
    Never gotten single buff from druid. They barely heal themselves.

What is this "secondary healer" thing btw. You either heal or not, it doesn't help one bit " you might heal this person or you might not " . Another dps at least makes for faster completion.
    That is not the Druids fault. That is the players who are playing it. I always state I am a primary healer when I am on a druid, in a raid. And I make it known that I am more than capable at solo healing the raid if they cannot find a secondary healer.

And secondary healer to me means the other designated healer in the group other than me. Its my backup as I always take responsibility for keeping a group up. Its what I enjoy and how I play.
    Toons: Markeyx Markeyi, MarkeyKoS, MarkeyKoS-1
    Guild: Attrition

Quote Originally Posted by Raoull View Post
    I've had druids heal pretty often. Usually done when forming a raid group and only getting one cleric/fvs... if we have druids or bards, I ask them if they're cool concentrating on healing, and 9 times out of 10 they are, and all goes just fine.
    That's exactly my point, pugging on Ghallanda ( but probably true on other servers ), I solo healed ( and many other divines on the server ) tens of EH Citws on fvs, now on cleric.
    Never seen druid willing to heal .

That's why my ( snarky I admit ) remark about " secondary healer ". When hjealing, "secondary hjealer" is as helpful as dialogue in adult entertainment.

Shahang (fvs caster), Bellezza (assassin), Wipekin (monkcher), Farida (air savant), Nezhat (melee) Ghallanda/Devourer

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    The thing is, fvs/druids/bards need to be spec'd or built properly if they want to be a primary healer
    FvS and Bard have to slot in the appropriate spells, which they might not have room for, and can't easily change.

At least Druid can swap in every healing spell they have at any shrine.

Expecting FvS to be able to heal, and not expecting Druid to be able to, is foolish.

In this thread I see people who have actually played the druid class extensively and tried to make it into a healer claiming that druids are good healers (myself included) and I see people who have not grouped with a druid who is a good healer and so claim that druids are poor healers.

This is a gulf between reality and perception.

The reality is that druids can make great healers, as demonstrated by those of us who push the druid class that way. Since so few people actually play a druid to the fullness of its capabilities it makes a perception that druids are poor healers.

So, druids are great healers and few people play them well.

PS. I have never played a more survivable class then my druid, it far outstripped any of the other casters in terms of raw survivability. If your a druid and you find your squishy i suggest you focus on HP, heal amp, and displacement clickies. This is from my experience 2-manning every EE quest in the game.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    At least Druid can swap in every healing spell they have at any shrine.

Expecting FvS to be able to heal, and not expecting Druid to be able to, is foolish.
    It's a little more complicated than that, though, since a heal-specced Druid should really have Heal skill, some APs into Nature's Warrior for +Pos Spellpower, a decent Devotion item, and at least Quik+Emp Heal, IMHO. If you didn't plan for it, those aren't things you can swap in at a shrine.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    That's it perfectly, a good party will have poison pots for the green dragon or harry etc. A bad party will expect the cleric to take care of their booboo's.
    But the question didn't have anything to do with good party vs bad party. It was asked..."who is the better healer". Without the caveats you listed...Cleric wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post

I have never been in something as simple as a shroud, and seen the party leader waiting for a healer get a druid, and go "ok we are set now".
    Ironically enough...I was the leader of one of these. We had 10 spots filled (One druid, couple of Rangers and a Pally). Our LFM had been up for a long time hoping for a true healer or two. The druid told us upfront he could backup heal but wasn't comfrtable as primary healer (He was melee specc'd).

So after a pretty long wait, i conviced the druid to attempt to be the Only healer (Backed up by Rangers and Pally). Opened the last 2 spots to all wlecome, filled quickly and stepped in. This was at lvl 25 cap days. We went in on hard instead of planned elite.

Now in reality a hard shroud is not much challenge for a group of Lvl20+ characters, but we were still worried slightly not having a traditional healer. It turned out to be about the smoothest shroud I had ever run.

Community Member

There are no healing classes in DDO.

People honestly still use shroud as an example of somewhere that healing is required? There are plenty of groups completing it without needing healers, and PM wizzies or WF sorcs can solo most of it now.

Epic raids like Cite or FoT would be more appropriate to test which classes can heal better, and I don't see how a healing specced druid cant be just as good as a healer specced cleric, FVS, or bard, but the thing is only bad players make healing focused characters now to look after other bad players.
    All my posts are trolled by autocorrect and the edit button not working on smartphone browsers. That's also why I make multiple posts in a row instead of editing.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Ironically enough...I was the leader of one of these. We had 10 spots filled (One druid, couple of Rangers and a Pally). Our LFM had been up for a long time hoping for a true healer or two. The druid told us upfront he could backup heal but wasn't comfrtable as primary healer (He was melee specc'd).

So after a pretty long wait, i conviced the druid to attempt to be the Only healer (Backed up by Rangers and Pally). Opened the last 2 spots to all wlecome, filled quickly and stepped in. This was at lvl 25 cap days. We went in on hard instead of planned elite.

Now in reality a hard shroud is not much challenge for a group of Lvl20+ characters, but we were still worried slightly not having a traditional healer. It turned out to be about the smoothest shroud I had ever run.
    I actually joined a Shroud with my test Druid (created to try the class out shortly after MotU, was a wolf melee build, but I scrounged up whatever casting stuff I could, including a decent devotion item) that I ended up accidentally solo-healing part 4 in. We had two clerics and a FvS, one Cleric AFKed (and got blacklisted by almost everyone in the group when he started getting chests after we finished), the FvS kept having connection issues, and the other cleric... squish. Part 4, where you actually need to start healing, he died almost instantly. With the FvS DC'd. We noticed after we finished part 4, and everyone realized the lowly wolf had, quite accidentally, kept everyone else up.

Gave me a lot more confidence in Druid healing ability right there, as well as me being able to step back into the role of primary healer after a couple of years not playing a Cleric or FvS (my Cleric TRed in a Sorc, FvS into melee Bard. Cleric is still a Sorc, FvS is now a caster Druid, in my static TR group, and primary heals as needed).

I'm still trying to figure out a decent Pure class Wolf build though, since NGE.
    Anyone who disagrees is a Terrorist...

Cthulhu 2016 Never settle for the lesser evil...

Neither cleric or druid. Ill take fvs all day. I have 4500 sp on mine. I loathe chugging pots and on a druid or cleric you will more than likely have to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12