Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

barbarian power attack, ritual scarring, and action boost:damage from ravager. most of the rest of my points are split between warchanter and spellsinger

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by parowan View Post
    I'll probably TR and take the bard plunge in the next few days and I'm starting to feel scared. Every time I poke my nose into the bard forums it's all doom and gloom and "bards aren't worth a slot until they're splashed and played like they're not really bards".
    NO!!

Pure bard is good. Warchanter..... THF....
    if you don't believe me, ask redcloak in game. Bards rock nowadays...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Default Lovin it ^_^

Great build layouts dearie ^_^ im thinkin of slapping my Shuricannon up soon.. just cuz.. people keep asking how i do so much base dmg with just shadow star :/

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kyostal View Post
    Great build layouts dearie ^_^ im thinkin of slapping my Shuricannon up soon.. just cuz.. people keep asking how i do so much base dmg with just shadow star :/
    Off topic, but yes. It seems shadowstar does a considerable amount of damage more than elite 16 morning star. I essentially run crits all day. In archers focus stance, my crits go for 110-120, with weird doublecrits for 200. Anyone know why I get crits for ~200, and LOTS of them?

Just wondering katz, but why take two weapon fighting on pointless waste of time if you're using two handed weapons (screenshot shows Cleaver).
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    wow. i actually made it to someone's sig! O.o

yay!

2015 DDO Players Council

erp. ya caught me in my sillyness. >.> <.< >.>

*hides*

my first life had a splash of ranger, and while most of the time i swung a greataxe, sometimes i used a pair of 1 handed weapons (like, for a while, the best portal beaters i could find was just a pair of "Mace of Smiting"s. uhg. i still have them, tho. lol)

partially for nostalgia's sake i kept that aspect. i now mostly make use of it when i've fascinated a bunch of mobs and i don't want to break the fascinate by running in swinging... i'll swap to a pair of 1 handers (currently my favorite go-to combo is Balizarde x2) and then i can concentrate on one mob at a time without worrying i may accidentally clip one off to the side.

2015 DDO Players Council

BardTank - revised for recent changes!

i had some downtime this summer... some forced, some due to taking a break, and i came back to lots of shiny new bard goodies. after having some time to look everything over and tinker a bit, i revised Frivolous' build. originally the concept was to build a character capable of tanking some easier stuff....and this character DID tank a LoB before the changes, so to be fair i think i met my criteria. however, the game has changed over time. with a bit more tweaking, this could probably still make a good tank-y type for easier stuff, like it was before, however... with the addition of swashbuckler and SWF... and more recently vanguard... this build suddenly became a surprising powerhouse.

vanguard and the change to overwhelming crit was made AFTER i used my free lesser heart on Frivolous, so some of teh stats and feats chosen still reflect choices i had to make to get OC. i do not regret those choices... cleave is freaking awesome XD

same starting stats and level order as the previous entry
    Code:
    Level 20 True Neutral Halfling
    (6 Fighter \ 2 Rogue \ 12 Bard) 

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (32 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             15                    23
    Dexterity            10                    12
    Constitution         17                    19
    Intelligence         10                    12
    Wisdom                8                    10
    Charisma             12                    14

Tomes Used
    +2s all around. +3 str

Level 1 (Rogue)
    Level 2 (Fighter)
    Level 3 (Bard)
    Level 4 (Bard)
    Level 5 (Bard)
    Level 6 (Bard)
    Level 7 (Bard)
    Level 8 (Bard)
    Level 9 (Rogue)
    Level 10 (Fighter)
    Level 11 (Fighter)
    Level 12 (Fighter)
    Level 13 (Fighter)
    Level 14 (Fighter)
    Level 15 (Bard)
    Level 16 (Bard)
    Level 17 (Bard)
    Level 18 (Bard)
    Level 19 (Bard)
    Level 20 (Bard)
    with change to OC, str could be tweaked lower if desired... can use "different tack" to take the damage from charisma, int, or dex instead.

feats:
    power attack (needed for cleave/great cleave. but will be off most of the time)
    cleave/great cleave
    SFW/ISWF/GSWF
    imp crit: pierce
    precision
    extend
    other 2 feats your choice... i chose:
    weapon focus pierce
    quick draw

use a rapier or short sword and a good buckler like an epic Swashbuckler or a kobold admiral's tiller.

go to tier 5 in swashbuckler. highlights: thread the needle - +5 damage while using precision.. this is why you don't need power attack., low blow - perform +d20 DC to knockdown enemy. great setup for coup de grace, exploit weakness - every time you don't crit, add +1 to your crit range. sheer awesomeness right there, coup de grace - teh awesome instakill on any CCed enemy, skirmisher - use a buckler and still get SWF feat line and swashbuckler enhancement tree advantages.

to to at least tier 2 in vanguard. highlights: stunning shield - DC(10 + highest ability modifier + character level + stunning bonuses) stun... another good set-up for a coup de grace. brutality - increases your stunning DC. if you go to tier 3, pick up "follow up" and/or "shield riposte"... both awesome, and of course pick up the tier 3 core. +5% more attack speed wooot.

beyond that... your choice, but i would recommend at least some in warchanter... it's pretty nice now.

put all that together, and the attack speed is insane, the crits are insane, you have more dodge than you know what to do with... it's just... crazy. i went into Lords of Dust just to test the build for the first time... with the intention of killing a few mobs and then recalling... i went to the end of the quest. i had to! XD

(sorry for the choppiness of the vid. my comp did NOT like me trying to record)

now keep in mind this is a BADLY neglected character that i literally havn't played in around a year, then i LRed her and took her straight to a quest. her gear is mediocre at best... and i keep stealing the GOOD stuff from her to equip other characters as they reach epic levels. most of what she has left is really random, and really not ideal. (nicest things she has on is cove epic armor, cove epic swashbuckler, and epic brawn's spirits. everything else is random. rapier is a cheap lootgen off the AH as i was using khopesh on her before the changes), and she has almost no ED stuff earned .... now imagine what a fully geared out character with full EDs and whatnot that's been properly tweaked for perfection can do!

*drooooooool*
    Last edited by katz; 10-12-2014 at 12:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12