Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claver View Post
    Don't include me in the "we hate it camp". "I" disagree.
    Agreed. I quite like 3BC.

(3) At least one totally new Epic Quest in 3BC that doesn't currently exist on live. Maybe make it a capstone quest from flagging. This will help draw people in out of curiosity to give the area a second chance.
    And as an addendum, please, please, pretty please with sugar on top do NOT make an epic version of Guard Duty. Now I'm having nightmares of epic Coyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I humbly request a Kukri, Kama or Sickle that looks like a pirate hook hand and maybe a Heavy mace that looks like a cannon ball attached to a peg leg
    /signed!!!

I would be all over this and roll up Captain Edward Sickle Hands

Happy holidays!

1) I'm sad that epic Fens and Sands items are useless trash - well most of it at least. Really, make them useful and remove much of its unique effects from lootgen. Lootgen should be way weaker compared to named items at all levels.
    I'd rather grind for scroll, shard and seal to get a unique item than to loot chests and wait for end rewards to give me a +7 cosmic heavy pick of sun's fury.

2) I would like to see items with stat draining work 100% on hit on EH and EE, like wounding and puncturing.
    Higher versions of strength sapping would also be nice - make it DC 50.

3) Shroud and LoB crafting systems are the way to go, but don't dump the power of crafted items by overpowering lootgen, or generating useless *roll for random effect* system - like Cormyrian crafting.
    In my view crafted items, excluding Cannith crafting, > rare drop items > lootgen.
    Last edited by red_cardinal; 12-04-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Stormhorns should go in the critical miss category. They might look pretty, but I absolutely loathe those quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    This is just a matter of opinion. There are just as many people who liked Stormhorns that didn't. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it was a fail.
    If 50% of the population don't like it, it's a critical miss. If some portion likes it alot, and most are 'meh', then sure. But when people actively dislike it, that's a big failure.

The map is pretty, but why it has to be so big? And why does the scaling up the amounts of mobs in such ridiculous numbers, instead of just increasing their hit points?

My first foray to Storm Horns (around release time). It was pretty, we did one quest, then tried to find the second one. We had player-made map, saw that we only needed to go a bit further north, but couldn't find the way (naturally we would have had to go to the SW corner to pick the other route to climb the mountain, getting 20 meters up right here would be ridiculous). We started running around, getting fed of the 10-30 monster packs appearing, so we just ran past them. Boom, red alert, deaths, ragequits occur.

Que 13 weeks later, my second attempt there. One of the party knows the routes, we find the teleporters (which obviously don't show on map either before or after finding+clicking them). Finding the north teleporter we head to Breaking the Ranks. Oh boy is the quest annoying. Big packs of mobs hitting 200/hit, no way to melee on my durable selfhealing juggernaut. So, it's either pick up the bow and spend the whole quest running backwards, or just wait as a soulstone. I chose the third option: release, alt-f4, reconsider whether to bother with the whole game at all.

Running backwards, not my vision of fun times in an MMO.

Dear producer,

epic 3bc????

but what about epic shroud?
    i want my epic oozes!!!!
    And i want them raspberry flavored!!!

all jokes aside, why not the vale pack, that's a crafting system done well, just make it epic and add wraps while you're at it.
    Another point the dev team seem to miss, beside the double dragon comparison, is the min lv on items. in years past you could find good gear at high lv quest with a low min level, useful for alts or tr's.
    Carnifex might drop in a list after doing a lv 10 (12 on elite) quest but was min lv 4
    Maelstrom comes out of a lv 10 raid but could be equiped at lv 2! before you dev's screwed it up and made it lv 8
    Greensteel weapons, used to be lv 8, now 12, but required flagging and running a lv 17 raid(!) multiple times to get the items.
    Tharne's Goggles (lvl 13), lv 18 raid?
    tod sets (before the turbine dev team screwed them up, making them give the class bonus at lv 20 while the min lv on the items are 18 already)
    voice of the master/mantle of the world shaper, both good items at lv 5, found in higher lv content.
    Necklace of Contemplation, min lv 1, found in a lv 8 quest.

The newer epic pack rarely seem to have this, why?
    give us epic shroud and make all those items (incl hand wraps this time around) min lv 20, as a nod to the better programming and decision making in the past, this might help your goal to keep people in "epic" content instead of chasing them of to heroic content once they are burned out on gathering commendations of fail/ valor.

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post

Running backwards, not my vision of fun times in an MMO.
    listen to your paying customers turbine,

your renting out entertainment, your customers are telling you that the hp/saves/dps output on mobs is getting out of hand, that's your content is becoming not so much fun anymore, we expect a reasonable response.

Our first update of the year introduces two level 30 raids in the dwarf ruins of Thunderholme. The adventure area covers 7 floors with multiple raid and group encounters, while the raids start with a mated pair of red dragons and culminate in a confrontation with Aurgloroasa the Sibilant Shade. In addition to these two raids, we’ve reserved the option to add a third later in the year.
    bit disappointed that atleast one of the raids didn't come with shadowfell deff thing that should have happened but guess not
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Community Member

Dear Producer Rowan,

Exciting to hear! Any estimate on release date for the first update in 2014?

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Why do you bother creating another item with a complex mechanism when you could just make them BTA and lower the number required as we have been asking since we learned about Commendations of Valor ?

You NEVER answered the question : Why are you dead set on keeping the Commendations of Valor BTC ?
    Actually devs did answer this question, several times. Commendations of Valor are staying BtC because devs plan to add more things you could buy with them -- some of which will be BtC.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Default Epic opponents

Oh yes, I at least want more epic opponents, not mundane opponents with superhigh hp/damage.

We started with skeletons, rats and Sahuagin.

Then we progressed through varying humanoids, animals and the occasional elemental.

At early teens we get to fight mummies, vampires, beholders, giants and other nasties, and a dragon.

Late teens we start to encounter more and more demons, devils, with the most nasty heroic opponents include devils, a hellhound, and a lich.

At epic levels, we progress to humanoids, wolves, humanoids, wolves, humanoids and wolves. The most difficult epic opponents are farmers with pitchforks, and wolves that hit harder than any dragons/devils in the game.

And then Ana/Elminster save the day making players the sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    1. Many people said this already, but I will repeat -- revamp old seal/shard/scroll epics. As things stand now, nobody in their right mind will grind for them since you can get far better items with far less effort. Someone suggested trading CoV's for them -- 100 for a seal, 150 for a shard. I think it's an excellent compromise.

2. Please no player housing, or make it the absolute lowest priority. That just screams "bugs and sink of development time"

3. I know this will never happen but I am still calling for Fleshwarper character class or enhancement line.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Default My suggestions =)

Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    Hi all, good afternoon!

Im a Brazilian player os DDO and i have some suggestions for the game.

First of all i really apologize for my poor english, but i will try do my better.

1 (Completionist) - How about think in completionist be a free feat? Think, the player reach lvl 20 many many many times, is really a lot of XP. The feat gives a great advantage against other players? There is nothing more fair, lots of TRs.

2 (Level Cap) - I agree, enough of epic levels. But why stop with level cap? Players should be free to have some builds (mix of classes) that we can see in some D&D Books, like Elminster (Fighter 1, Rogue 2, Clerig 3, Wizard 20, Epic 9).

3 (Explorer Areas) - How about explorer areas with possibility of party with 12 players like raids?

4 (The experience system) - How about think in a sistem os bonus experience for quest completion with full party? Many players are becoming extremely powerfull and do most part of low level quests alone (solo), this is not nice for new players entering the game, they need a visual reference for learn how to play, and they need a lot of groups opened on LFM. Even if not a high bonus, i guess would be nice.

5 (Improved end quest statistics) - Lots of people would like to see some more detais for characters on the quest, like:
    - Amount of damage caused
    - Amount of damage received
    - Amount of heal caused
    - Amount of heal received

6 (PVP) - Maybe the most polemical suggestion. Im really not a great fan of PVP, and i completly understand that PVP is not the focus of DDO, but actually DDO is a game too much better known that like 3 or 5 years ago, and we have the old players (like me) and the new players. Lets just forget the old concept: "If you want to do pvp, so go to play *****". I guess this game have space for all, if you prefer the cooperative mode so just dont play PVP, but if you like, you should have the option of doing it. People that like PVP dont want to play another game because they like PVP and they like DDO, so they want PVP on DDO. So if producers are spending time with cuty animals that follow you and do nothing (I know, you have to attract the womans to play), and with houses for characters, why dont think improve the PVP? Maybe put some PVP arenas like explorers and a change on HP always that player enter in PVP arena or tavern brawling area ( HPx10 or HPx100) could be a nice start.

7 (Divine rank) - Any chance of divine rank exist on DDO? A game that a character could become a demigod of a god really would be nice. A divine rank could improve social interactions in the game. Imagine the divine rank as a statistic that have to be administered. Each player can choose a player to follow, so as more followers you have more divine rank u have. This could encourage old players to help new and old players to gain followers. Imagine an other system that the player can have a temple that work like a guild ship, with buffs and benefits for the followers, and your followers can gain divine experience to you when running a quest, like the guild experience method.

8 (Evil alignment) - Why not?

9 (More races) - Aasimar, Tiefling, Gnomes and etc...Would be very nice more races to play with.

10 (House system) - Please, not just a place, but a solution to storage issues and maybe some buffs for players that dont want to make part of a guild.

11 (Epic itens) - Finish with the system Item+Scroll+Seal+Shard for old epic itens. Just make the items drop in their respective quests would be very nice.

12 (Mount) - I imagine that this is no possible, but, i really would like to have a mount on DDO, to use on big explorer areas.

13 (A Brazilian server or translation) - The question of a lot of Brazilian on DDO group i make part. Any chance os a Brazilian server or translation for Portuguese (BR) or Portuguese (PT)? Most part os this people would like to know better the history of DDO.

Well, i apreciated a lot the oportunity of suggest changes on my favorite online game, and i hope some ideas can be used, even if not like discribed and only as a start point.

Congratulations for the changes of 2013, Brazilians liked a lot, and we Braziliand just love DDO!

Hope more surprises on 2014!

Thank You!
    Last edited by ddo1985; 12-04-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindoku View Post
    Thank you for the insight on what is coming. Happy to see there's lots of content on the way . For what is released for the expansion so far, it really doesn't seem like much in the way of quests has come out. Also, now that pets have been introduced into the game for a bit now, will we see Rangers getting some furry friends? We're lonely and jealous of the druids
    Yea. what he said. I'm tired of Druids thumbing their noses at me when I taught them most of what they know about the wilderness

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

The team is also considering (but not promising) a range of additions, including scaling more content to Epic levels, adding new Classes or Iconics, adding new Enhancement paths or Epic Destinies, and possibly introducing player housing in Eberron.

Yes, would love to see new classes...there are sooo many interesting ones in D&D. (:
    Also, housing sounds good - if its done right.
    Gilde <Nachtwind> auf dem Server Thelanis.
    Visit me on my Homepage: www.gletschernadel.de

Quote Originally Posted by ddo1985 View Post
    Hi all, good afternoon!

hiya, welcome, nice post, here are my thoughts on your idea's

Im a Brazilian player os DDO and i have some suggestions for the game.
    First of all i really apologize for my poor english, but i will try do my better.
    Don't worry, your post was a good read, better written then most 1337 speak i see on various forums

1 (Completionist) - How about think in completionist be a free feat? Think, the player reach lvl 20 many many many times, is really a lot of XP. The feat gives a great advantage against other players? There is nothing more fair, lots of TRs.
    Yes please!

2 (Level Cap) - I agree, enough of epic levels. But why stop with level cap? Players should be free to have some builds (mix of classes) that we can see in some D&D Books, like Elminster (Fighter 1, Rogue 2, Clerig 3, Wizard 20, Epic 9).
    We pointed that out to them back in the day, when there were only ED's and no epic levels planned. i would love to see this.

3 (Explorer Areas) - How about explorer areas with possibility of party with 12 players like raids?
    I think they fear the lag and dungeon alert would ruin that fun bit

4 (The experience system) - How about think in a sistem os bonus experience for quest completion with full party? Many players are becoming extremely powerfull and do most part of low level quests alone (solo), this is not nice for new players entering the game, they need a visual reference for learn how to play, and they need a lot of groups opened on LFM. Even if not a high bonus, i guess would be nice.
    Most of the powerful toons you see are tr's, they already have a exp penalty compared to new players (if this is what you meant).
    Turbine could give us a 10% exp bonus for taking a first lifer into the group to compensate for them die-ing.

5 (Improved end quest statistics) - Lots of people would like to see some more detais for characters on the quest, like:
    - Amount of damage caused
    - Amount of damage received
    - Amount of heal caused
    - Amount of heal received
    How about these stats?
    - how many heals/repairs have you given,
    - how many crowd control have you given,
    - how much agro have you caused to save the party (while tanking), etc
    Problem is mostly the poor state of the servers and the coding. There is enough lag to go round as it is. Your idea does carry merit though, would be nice for a DDO2

6 (PVP) - Maybe the most polemical suggestion. Im really not a great fan of PVP, and i completly understand that PVP is not the focus of DDO, but actually DDO is a game too much better known that like 3 or 5 years ago, and we have the old players (like me) and the new players. Lets just forget the old concept: "If you want to do pvp, so go to play *****". I guess this game have space for all, if you prefer the cooperative mode so just dont play PVP, but if you like, you should have the option of doing it. People that like PVP dont want to play another game because they like PVP and they like DDO, so they want PVP on DDO. So if producers are spending time with cuty animals that follow you and do nothing (I know, you have to attract the womans to play), and with houses for characters, why dont think improve the PVP? Maybe put some PVP arenas like explorers and a change on HP always that player enter in PVP arena or tavern brawling area ( HPx10 or HPx100) could be a nice start.
    NO, just no, no more tacked on systems, D&D is about working toghether. i wouldn't want turbine to spend time and money on this over bug fixes, new&good QA'd content

7 (Divine rank) - Any chance of divine rank exist on DDO? A game that a character could become a demigod of a god really wold be nice. A divine rank could improve social interactions in the game. Imagine the divine rank as a statistic that have to be administered. Each player can choose a player to follow, so as more followers you have more divine rank u have. This could encourage old players to help new and old players to gain followers. Imagine an other system that the player can have a temple that work like a guild ship, with buffs and benefits for the followers, and your followers can gain divine experience to you when running a quest, like the guild experience method.
    Check aion for why this didn't work there

8 (Evil alignment) - Why not?
    It could justify bad player behavioure, it wouldn't fit in the story telling.
    an example:
    A little while ago we had divine casters killing arcane casters who had donned the mantle of undead in the streets, justifying their action because they were good aligned and fought undead on a regular basis.

9 (More races) - Aasimar, Tiefling, Gnomes and etc...Would be very nice more races to play with.

Yes please, though add in the Eberron and base races in first (gnomes-shifters, etc)

10 (House system) - Please, not just a place, but a solution to storage issues and maybe some buffs for players that dont want to make part of a guild.

11 (Epic items) - Finish with the system Item+Scroll+Seal+Shard for old epic itens. Just make the items drop in their respective quests would be very nice.
    Again, i agree

12 (Mount) - I imagine that this is no possible, but, i really would like to have a mount on DDO, to use on big explorer areas.
    normal mounts, yes please, and bigger spaces with flying mounts! (though i'm prob dreaming once i see this in DDO) XD

13 (A Brazilian server or translation) - The question of a lot of Brazilian on DDO group i make part. Any chance os a Brazilian server or translation for Portuguese (BR) or Portuguese (PT)? Most part os this people would like to know better the history of DDO.
    For some reason.... the translation into german and french stopped, i doubt that Spanish and Portuguese might make an appearance. You might want consider setting up a fan translation site though.
    In all honesty, ask them to pick up some English here and there, it helps with communicating in a English speaking community. (don't worry, we're only scary when you realy get to know us :P)
    English isn't one of my first 3 languages, but still i manage (somewhat), i can only recommend picking up some English phrases here and there.

Well, i apreciated a lot the oportunity of suggest changes on my favorite online game, and i hope some ideas can be used, even if not like discribed and only as a start point.

Congratulations for the changes of 2013, Brazilians liked a lot, and we Braziliand just love DDO!

Hope more surprises on 2014!

Thank You!
    You too!

We are now at least 5 pages past anyone from turbine continuing to read this thread. I feel bad for the folks who didn't get in to post sooner

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    We are now at least 5 pages past anyone from turbine continuing to read this thread. I feel bad for the folks who didn't get in to post sooner
    To be honest they didn't read the first few pages either. They just had an intern randomly type in some remarks using Rowan's account.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Teleporting directly to a quest is a bigtime perk, so make it a bigtime achievement: Complete every rare in the wilderness.
    I like this, in theory, but in practice it's useless for some of the explorer areas until that achievement is actually, you know, achievable.

I'm looking at you, King's Forest. A quick search of the Achievement forum didn't turn up anyone who'd completed it. I and some others with whom I've farmed for rares there extensively suspect it isn't actually possible due to several of the bugged rares that either never show up or can't be completed. It was several months and several TRs back, but I think I got up to 32 or 33 of the 40 rares by the time I capped the slayer amount. One other person who'd been farming it even more than me never got over 34.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I *DESPISE* the re-use of content for both heroic and epic quests. The idea of fighting epic level kobolds sickens me. I do not mind re-using the environments, and you did a fabulous job with just that in the Gianthold wilderness, but the adversaries need to be appropriate to epic levels. 3BC is a very nice and very under-used area, but enemies need to be level appropriate.
    I came to post this opinion as well. Revamping old content as Epic always seemed like a desperate ploy. I didn't like it and it cheapened the game for me to rerun the same content I had run 10-15 levels previous. It breaks the immersion and sense of advancement to go back and play the same content with just boosted up stats. I think most people who "like" the epicification like the loot upgrades more than the deja-vu. I would like the ability to upgrade early loot in epic content but rework the content into something new. New monsters and new stories. Mod the dungeon layouts a bit as well (at least put significant event in different locations). Basically imagine the areas years later with new monsters having moved in to the vacant ruins.

Give us new content and quit using resources to epicify stuff we already played.

While I am here let me also highlight another good point of Bogenbrooms:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    1) The expansion. You burnt through a *LOT* of goodwill on that. When MoTU came out, for the most part, the population was accepting of the concept that the MoTU was worth calling an expansion and paying for. Even most of the VIPs said that it was worth it. This years expansion was purchased blind by a lot of people on the faith you'd built on MoTU, and what we got was about 60% of MoTU for the same price. I am not knocking the content itself, mind you, but what we received vs what we (very reasonably) expected.
    I pre bought the new expansion because MotU was good. I will not pre buy the next one because shadowfell was ok at best. The content itself was fine but as an expansion it was to small and it seemed to be comprised ofc ontent that you only had available to sell us because you under delivered on updates the rest of the year.

Community Member

>sentient items
    Imagine with me.

Meet Spiralshot, a sentient snarky yet lovable crossbow. He loves collecting rare bolts. (In fact he refuses to shoot the last one, and instead takes it for his collection.) He hates being shot at hilariously weak enemies, or worse, inanimate objects or missing any target entirely. Do it enough and he unequips himself in a huff. He loves hitting more than one enemy at a time, and he is very jealous, and will destroy any other crossbow you loot. His ego has merit, however. He IS about the strongest crossbow known of in Eberron or the Realms.

So I log in after a week break, and Spiralshot mentions that he's been bored and wants to go shooting. "About time you got back, now pack me up and take me to a battle!"

We then run across a group of enemies. Spiral shouts "Aww yeah here we go. Just point and click and I got the rest."

I run a low level quest, and after a few enemies, Spiral says "Maaan, this ain't worth my time" and unequips himself, gaining a "skill required to equip: diplomacy 40" line on his description until the end of the quest. He hates being used on weak enemies, after all.

I get hit hard and killed in a quest. Spiral calls out "ooh, that looked like it hurt."

Someone picks up my soul stone: Spiral mentions "Hey now YOU get to ride around in someone's backpack like I do!"

I pick up someone else's stone. Spiral says to them "Welcome to Jim's backpack, feel free to sample some rations, but don't touch my rare bolt collection."

A redname boss is present, and half the party is dead. Spiral groans "Looks like its up to me to save all of you...again" And suddenly gets a large boost of abilities.

And sure enough, when we win, he goes on about it for the rest of the day.
    Last edited by Substitutename; 12-04-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast