Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Sounds ok except for Mr. Greenwood never been that impressed by him myself for me the only greats of dnd have passed on. I am sure that it will be fun even though its it my least liked dnd world again(least liked hell I hate the realms) But more content is more content

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sergius64 View Post
    Not sure why so many are disliking the fact that most of the updates are in Forgotten Realms setting, it's been by far superior to Eberron in my opinion (well maybe if we ignore Anna).
    The realms are boring and unoriginal with overpowered NPC's who always save the day.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Forgotable realms better than Eberron?
    Plz give me some of what you're smoking.
    Nice to see we can agree now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    The realms are boring and unoriginal with overpowered NPC's who always save the day.
    LOL You ... with the continuous Realms hate You know if it wasnt for the FR... "Eberron" would have still been pumping gas at your local Citgo station, and never have seen the light of day. Ed created "the Realms" in 1967... before there even was a D&D. Don't get me wrong, I love Eberron, but when most think D&D, they think of the Realms. Remember your roots!! ~~

In all seriousness, the beauty of D&D is that we all get involved in different facets and have our favorites. So easy to debate (actually this one was 2nd Ed... which was my favorite edition, so Im totally psyched) but it really doesnt matter at the end of the day. It's classic content and - like you said - its new content for DDO, none-the-less!
    Last edited by LeslieWest_GuitarGod; 12-04-2013 at 02:19 AM.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post

One concept that we’re working through (but not promising) is end-game items. Initial proposals for this had internal names like “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” (Yes, there are implications of difference between “Intelligent” and “Sentient” weapons, depending on the version of D&D.) Ultimately these are items that are acquired in the endgame, earn experience and advance with you, and could require you to sacrifice other equipment to them to develop their power. Design has barely begun on this, but it may release in multiple phases and include crafting elements.
    Hopefully handwraps won't be forgotten this time.

Geoff.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post
    LOL You ... with the continuous Realms hate You know if it wasnt for the FR... "Eberron" would have still been pumping gas at your local Citgo station, and never have seen the light of day. Ed created "the Realms" in 1967... before there even was a D&D. Don't get me wrong, I love Eberron, but when most think D&D, they think of the Realms. Remember your roots!! ~~

In all seriousness, the beauty of D&D is that we all get involved in different facets and have our favorites. So easy to debate (actually this one was 2nd Ed... which was my favorite edition, so Im totally psyched) but it really doesnt matter at the end of the day. It's classic content and - like you said - its new content for DDO, none-the-less!
    Just because something came first doesn't mean its better, same thing I said when I found out the Military still uses the tactics that Romans used to fight wars.

Actually imho the generic realms greatly shows its age when compared to more unique settings like Ebberon or Dark Sun or even Dragon Lance not to mention even crazyier stuff like Planescape....those all have distinguishing characteristics that make them special and unique whereas forgotten realms has the nickname Generic Realms for a reason...its a fantasy world...thats it changed elminster to Gandalf and boom your in Tolkien Land.

My issue is not with them leaving Ebberon my issue is they left Ebberon to a much less interesting setting and all because they were scared of Neverwinter...news flash guys the threat is over, it never existed you don't have to pretend to like FR now.

If they had of gone to Dark Sun that would have had some intresting dynamics....Paladins, Clerics and FvS would scare the **** out of people there...I mean they are still maintaining their connection to their gods through the portal but in Dark Sun theirs no divine power and wizards literally suck the life out of living things to use their magic...to see divine spelcasters and wizards who have such easy access t arcane magic would be nuts.

Actually it would be interesting to have people trying to get into Ebberon simply to get access to that...I mean the Sorceror ings would stop at nothing to get that power
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 12-04-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post

and we would be playing in greyhawk than and I would be even happier and no matter when he created it was boring then and is even more so now never liked the realms and never will but I then I dont like planescape either.

Give me Blackmoor or Greyhawk

Very excited to hear about the new content. I really enjoy the epic/iconic/heroic options for TR, however it might be a worthwhile addition to add a feature whereby players can "clone" their builds after reincarnation. With the speed that some players can make it through epic lives it can become tedious having to level up their character multiple times per week. The same is true when tring for an epic and heroic life at once - there is no need to wade through two sets of feats/enhancements etc etc and some player time could be saved here.

Storage is also becoming an issue - it's been overlooked and under addressed for a good while now. With all the new systems we have why am I still carrying around the same few ingredients bags and operating a "one in one out" system. I completely ignored Cannith crafting as I simply didn't want to shell out for extra space. The same is true for reincarnation caches - a better solution must be sought. Many players can't help but feel that the current system has been unchanged as an incentive to buy more storage from the DDO store. I'm very happy for you to make some money in this way, however the issue has been so ground out now that many players harbour a resentment against the devs for leaving this issue as it is: if you intend on creating new systems, then throw the players some free space - you will always sell more.

Many players have criticised Shadowfell, which is of course subjective, but for me a lot of them missed the mark. While the pink mist can be a little annoying I felt the challenge of those adventures on EE and EH was great. Many players "detest" that content because its a lot harder than their usual run through of EH quests. This is exactly where the end game difficulty should be. The challenge of massive mob spawns, deadly assassins and quests with multiple ways of achieving objectives (stealth in friends in low places,WGU end fight etc) is what keeps me coming back. I'd urge you to ramp up EE 3bc to be even more challenging.

2014 will be a critical year. Many posters have touched on rebuilding an endgame to circa 16 - 20 cap in DDO. For most players i think this means at least 5 viable endgame raids with great loot. Its important that the game even itself out after the state of flux that comes with raising the level cap, and eroding some of the usefulness of content below that point. Strive for three raids if you can. its great that theyre free - if you offered me 5 or 6 quests plus a raid all of shadowfell quality I'd pay for it, as would anybody I know. Many posters here are requesting level hikes on old raids, however personally speaking I'd be very disappointed if the numbers were merely boosted on old endgame raids. While its true that the power of old epic items could use adjusting based on their difficulty to obtain, I don;t think the answer to a lack of content is merely to boost up the end game of 2008/9 four years later.

Good luck and all the best.
    Last edited by blackdoguk; 12-04-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Barbachop/Fizzburn/Politikills & Boaby - Omnipresence,Ghallanda

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    The biggest fix I want to see is a reworking of the differences between Epic Normal, Epic Hard and Epic Elite.

The difference between them right now is just monster stats. It should be primarily encounter complexity, with EH and EE having similar monster stats (perhaps EH as it is now and EE slightly higher) but EE having unforgiving additional mechanics.

DDO used to be able to do this really well. Look at some of the 20 cap content - TOD elite part 1
    Agreed. They used to do things like this in most of the Epic quests, too, when Epic was just Epic. It wasn't just a higher-stats version of Heroic, they added extra stuff.

2014 DDO Players Council

The team is also considering (but not promising) a range of additions, including scaling more content to Epic levels, adding new Classes or Iconics, adding new Enhancement paths or Epic Destinies, and possibly introducing player housing in Eberron.

Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    Before adding any new classes, could you please finish implementing the ones we have?

At least one class is still missing a primary class feature, and several more are missing some minor class features.

Some spellcasting classes have a relatively poor selection of spells available in-game; consider implementing more spells. Also, some classes have some of their spells implemented in-game already...but they are not available to the classes they should be. Fixing that should be trivial.

Player housing...does that imply storage of some sort? If so, great, count me in. If not, I will consider it useless fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    and we would be playing in greyhawk than and I would be even happier and no matter when he created it was boring then and is even more so now never liked the realms and never will but I then I dont like planescape either.

Give me Blackmoor or Greyhawk
    Im down for Blackmoor or Greyhawk!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We understand this is an issue, and that's why we're going to introduce Heart Seeds:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...f-Valor-Update

Why do you bother creating another item with a complex mechanism when you could just make them BTA and lower the number required as we have been asking since we learned about Commendations of Valor ?

You NEVER answered the question : Why are you dead set on keeping the Commendations of Valor BTC ?

( and the we want to offer other things to buy with them answer is not an answer, as it doesn't justify the BTC )

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Heart seeds are a stupid band-aid fix to a problem that you created yourselves and have the means to actually fix.
    This.

Another band-aid fix : Burden of Guilt, instead of fixing what was Feathered by the Ghostbaning of Loot ( raised ML on low level items that were worn by characters and that now are an exploit ) by rolling back the Ghostbaning of Loot to what loot was before U19, you created a new complex monster that is buggy as hell ( there's still several ways to circumvent it ), and annoy people since they weren't exploiting anything before the Loot got Ghostbaned.

Once again, you took the complex way out of a problem you created, and once again you created more problems with that complex way.
    Rolling back the Ghostbaning of Loot would have been THAT difficult ?
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Mabar Festival. This event was loaded with more bugs and design flaws than we expected, and our best option was to close it early. Gargoyles are serious performance hogs, and the Vampires shouldn’t be permanently invisible. Expect us to take this back to the workshop and rebuild it before we re-introduce it.
    While many players may have felt this was a poorly implemented festival, I thought it was the best year yet and I've played it from the start. As a self-proclaimed Mabar aficionado, I would only request two major changes:
    1) Assuming this was not a bug you are already addressing, the instance with the dragon could often be overpopulated. This was originally billed as a 24-person raid-style challenge. However, I confirmed numerous times that more than 24 characters were in an instance. Let's be honest here. DDO was designed with the expectation of instances holding no more than 12 characters. This is just fine. Instanced dungeons allow for more detail and granularity. But allowing 24 is overload as it is, given the original design parameters of the game. The dragon fight instances need a hard cap of 24 players; there should also be a way to check exactly how many players are in the instance in real time, even if it only updates every 30 seconds or so. Clearly the machinery is there, as there are already warnings if you enter a lowly-populated instance.
    2) To reduce the AI computation, the gargoyles should be less numerous but tougher.

Make these changes, and I am certain The Battle Against Eternity will be a much smoother and more enjoyable time for all. Barring that, perhaps the battle needs to simply be re-designed to fit the traditional 12-person raid design. This latter option is less palatable to me as I am certain it offers the opportunity for new bugs to creep in and will also likely take far more development time.
    Item duplication exploit. This was the result of another bug that we fixed. It’s an MMO classic and strangely made me nostalgic, but still has negative impacts on the game. Natural 1, ouch.
    Yes, this has caused the trading and selling economy to alter drastically within the game. IMHO, when such a cataclysmic bug is discovered (and blatantly reported on "that other site") the servers should be shut down immediately, the emergency crew should be called in, and a fix should be implemented ASAP. Given the incredible ramifications of this bug which was allowed to run rampant for at least a week (and perhaps longer), the impact of this will be felt for a long time to come, perhaps a year or longer. If your team was unaware of the bug until the fix was patched in, then shame for not being in touch with what less-virtuous players are doing (especially since all of these exploits are frequently and repeatedly reported on "that other site"). But I believe you did know about it and decided it was better to leave the servers up while you worked the patch internally. This was a stark error in judgment. I hope you have learned from this experience and have a plan of action in case such bugs re-appear in the future. A bug that allows players a temporary benefit, such as a certain Epic Twist bug which I shall not elaborate upon, is one thing. It does not affect the entire game population at large. But something like duping needs to be taken far more seriously and addressed rapidly.

Enhancements! This feature has been in development almost two years, so it’s great to see the light of day. From the feedback and activity we’re seeing most of you don’t actively hate it, which means a good number of people may actively accept it, and some players may secretly love the changes. The new enhancement structure makes it much easier for us to introduce new PREs, such as the Warpriest and Eldritch Knight.
    The enhancement pass was brilliant. I, for one, am happy to stand up and say that it is far superior to the way enhancements worked in the past and is now quite possibly the best feature DDO has to offer in terms of character design.
    Storm Horn Mountains. This adventure area is the largest we’ve ever built, and arguably the most beautiful. Our goal was also to recreate the experience of exploration in Dungeons & Dragons, complete with varied creatures and random encounters. I believe we succeeded.
    I agree with your sentiments for the most part. It was a fantastic work, and the quests that went along with it were far better still. The storyline was fantastic, without cliched FR NPC name-dropping, the like of which occurred all too frequently in Menace of the Underdark. I hope you use it as a model for future storylines. However, I will note that the release of an expansion pack without a raid was a sheer disappointment, especially considering the accompanying level-cap increase. The two "endgame" raids, CitW and FoT, are not conducive to producing the type of endgame gear that allows anyone to feel satisfied keeping a character at the level cap. IMHO, What Goes Up, the final chapter of the Storm Horns storyline, should have been a raid. It has all the trappings of a raid and could have been made into one with relative ease. The only thing that would have required substantial investment is developing raid loot. Had What Goes Up been a raid, I think Shadowfell Conspiracy would have been superior to MotU in all aspects. But having a new endgame raid to accompany a level cap increase is SUCH an important aspect that the mere fact that MotU, for all its bugs and issues, included a raid makes it a better expansion pack when all things are considered.
    Epic Reincarnation. Extending reincarnation creates new opportunities for you to customize and advance your characters. We view this as only one step along the path to create a stable and substantial endgame along with adding new level cap content, settling on a persistent level cap (30), and making endgame systems like items and advancement more robust.
    I wouldn't go so far as to call this a Critical Hit. You and your team proposed a completely terrible idea and then essentially crowd-sourced mediocre ideas from the player community while ignoring some of the best player-proposed ideas. ER is still not that grand. You have a long way to go towards making epic hearts of wood acquirable in a meaningful amount of time. The current cost for epic hearts of wood and iconic hearts of wood is fairly excessive. I realize that as time goes on the acquisition of commendations of valor may get easier, as did epic dungeon tokens (before they were called tokens of the twelve) when they were first introduced. But even back then during Update 1, true hearts of wood (before they became heroic hearts of wood) could be acquired within about a week's worth of casual play (defining casual as 2-3 hours a day) or a day or two of hardcore play. Furthermore, the requirement of choosing commendations of valor as end rewards only effectively nullifies the entire purpose behind end rewards: that a player may choose from a selection of (semi) random items and choose whichever the player feels is best. If a player is intending to epic reincarnate or iconic reincarnate, they are always forced to choose commendations of valor, otherwise the player will be severely short of commendations after running through levels 20-28. It is my considered opinion that these should drop in end chests, as do tokens of the twelve, rather than be end rewards only.
    Our first update of the year introduces two level 30 raids in the dwarf ruins of Thunderholme. The adventure area covers 7 floors with multiple raid and group encounters, while the raids start with a mated pair of red dragons and culminate in a confrontation with Aurgloroasa the Sibilant Shade. In addition to these two raids, we’ve reserved the option to add a third later in the year.
    Great news and long overdue.
    With the 40th Anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons, we’ll also be introducing a tribute to the classic Ed Greenwood module Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. This dungeon will have a version matching the published module, and an extended version using Ed’s unpublished notes that introduces you to Whisper’s Crypt. The Original Elminster (Ed) will provide the Dungeon Master voice and an optional author’s commentary around creating this beloved adventure.
    While I enjoy Gary Gygax's narration in Delara's, Dave Arneson (despite all my love for the man) could not voice-act his way out of a paper bag and Threnal is IMHO the worst DM narration in the entire game. I hate to speak ill of the deceased, but the fact is Threnal's DM voice-over is grating and uninspired. I've heard Ed Greenwood speak before and remain cautiously optimistic about his performance. But you should seriously consider vocal lessons for the man if you feel that what you are getting is not of excellent quality. I appreciate DM homage as I am a long-time D&D fan, but it still needs to be quality narration.

As for the inclusion of the classic adventure, it is something I have anticipated ever since the release of MotU and it's "home base" in Eveningstar. I look forward to it's DDO implementation.
    Thunderholme and Haunted Halls will both be free to VIPs.
    As well it should be.
    DDO’s second update of the year will be pirate-themed, with new Guild Airship models, layouts, decorations and amenities. We’ll also revisit Three Barrel Cove to extend it into Epic levels.
    I love pirate-themed stuff, as well as the opportunity to customize our airships, but I have to question using Three-Barrel Cove as the next epic adaptation. Hopefully the "extension" will include some serious quest re-design, because as it is, many of these quests are quite boring and tedious, not to mention hardly worth the XP; I skip 3BC almost every life on my TRs. It was forgivable with Gianthold. Those quests were already very well-designed and enjoyed by many players. But if you are hoping to get more people to buy the pack by simply "epicifying" it in Gianthold fashion (it would not surprise me if this is the least-purchased pack in the game), I expect you will be severely disappointed.
    The third update of the year will take you to Anauroch, the not-so-barren desert to the north of Cormyr. You will have the chance to battle the armies of Netheril and challenge a new enemy – the enigmatic Phaerimm.
    Sounds interesting. I really look forward to seeing the designs for the Phaerimm. I also love the idea of a new desert area to explore. Anauroch is one of my favorite FR locations.
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.
    First of all, levels 26-28 are already incredibly lackluster. I don't have a lot of specific ideas at the moment, but two epic destinies feats and one more epic feat is essentially all we get out of the mix, and those feats are generally not that "epic," if you get my meaning. About the only idea I can really come up with is changing the whole epic advancement scheme for gaining feats. For example, grant a feat at every epic level starting at level 21; alternatively, create some more "lower-level" epic destiny feats and offer them at every even epic level (i.e. 22, 24, etc.) and grant standard epic feats at every odd level (i.e. 21, 23, etc.). There is no need to stick faithfully to the "once every 3 levels" rule when we don't have the other kinds of things epic level characters in D&D 3.5 get, such as epic spells. (You could try to argue that things like epic mage armor, mass frog and ruin are epic spells, but since they cost a feat slot, I would humbly beg to disagree.) As it is, pretty much the only real tangible benefit of the level increase from 25 to 28 is the ability to equip minimum level 26+ gear. And such equipment is very sparse in the "rare" and "named" category so much so as to hardly be worth mentioning. If you are going to give us another level cap increase, we need to see more tangible benefits along with it.
    One concept that we’re working through (but not promising) is end-game items. Initial proposals for this had internal names like “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” (Yes, there are implications of difference between “Intelligent” and “Sentient” weapons, depending on the version of D&D.) Ultimately these are items that are acquired in the endgame, earn experience and advance with you, and could require you to sacrifice other equipment to them to develop their power. Design has barely begun on this, but it may release in multiple phases and include crafting elements.
    Might I suggest you call them "Weapons of Legacy," similar in theme to the D&D 3.5 sourcebook of the same name? (Just don't add hp, skill, and other penalties for having them as the Weapons of Legacy sourcebook did.) But I really like the idea of endgame weapons that advance with your character. It sounds like a fantastic idea in theory, especially since the game has now moved into epic levels; such an idea seems appropo.
    The team is also considering (but not promising) a range of additions, including scaling more content to Epic levels, adding new Classes or Iconics, adding new Enhancement paths or Epic Destinies, and possibly introducing player housing in Eberron.
    My requests include (in order of priority):
    1) GNOMES!
    2) Psion character class (the way I think of it, most of their psionic powers would work like spell-like abilities currently do, but be very limited in number, and have no point pool, just cooldowns)
    3) Kalashtar race (use the human model for simplicity but make them a bit taller, give them glowing eyes, and give them a racial enhancement line that is synergistic with the psion)
    4) Shifter race (their shifting powers would work similar to barbarian rage and druid animal forms; could more easily be implemented as a human model-base like the kalashtar from an art perspective)
    5) Gnome or House Cannith artificer iconic (but preferably gnome, just to give them something special as they are long overdue)
    6) Cormyrian War Wizard iconic
    7) Epic Dreaming Dark (make it level 25 as it is a dry level)
    8) Bard Sublime Chord enhancement line (see Complete Arcane for inspiration; focused on granting access to spells that are not on the bard list, granting them ever more versatility, and treating such spells as higher level so that they can theoretically obtain 9th-level spells or spell-like abilities with saving throw DCs to match where appropriate)
    9) Druid Animal Lord enhancement line (see Complete Adventurer for inspiration; a summoning and pet-focused tree)
    10) Fighter Justiciar enhancement line (see Complete Warrior for inspiration; this should be a crowd-control-oriented fighter enhancement tree)
    11) Favored Soul Pious Templar enhancement line (see Complete Divine for inspiration; a melee focused tree, not in the way of the warpriest, which is mainly a buffer, but in a survivalist, almost solo-oriented path with options for defense, tanking, and DPS)
    12) Paladin Hospitaler enhancement line (see Complete Divine for inspiration; a paladin enhancement tree that focuses on healing and protecting party members, perhaps granting additional paladin spells, SLAs, and unique abilities that allow for paladins to become excellent secondary healers; KotC is the current paladin DPS route while SD is the current tank route; it would be nice to see a healer role route as well)
    13) Epic Secrets of the Artificers (the flagging quests for The Master Artificer and The Lord of Blades should be made epic level 23 and the epic versions of The Master Artificer and The Lord of Blades should be increased in level to level 23, a relatively dry level, along with a fourth tier added to alchemical weapons)
    14) Changeling race (this is low on my list of requests because its function of being a master of disguise is somewhat limited in a game which focuses so heavily on combat; yet I cannot ignore it because it is part of Eberron canon)

I would need to hear more details on what player housing would actually offer before I really get into the idea. And if so, I think it needs to be available on some kind of an auction basis (perhaps give those players with tens of millions of plat on various toons something to spend it on), with new spots for player housing released with every update. And you could take a page out of the guild airship design book and offer small houses for plat and large houses or mansions for astral shards. So perhaps 10 small houses and 5 large houses become available with each update. It really ought to be a status symbol to own a large house or mansion in Stormreach. A generic "tenements" style and "apartment upgrade" style player housing could be available with very minor benefits and available to all for a small amount of plat, say 50k or so (or perhaps rolled into tier 3 Coin Lords favor?).

Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    I really want you guys to focus on a better endgame (read: more raids) and better options for character development in epic levels. We need more reasons to play epic levels at the moment in my considered opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mryal View Post
    Revamp of the old shard/seal/scroll epic items.This is a must, please.They just get even more outdated as new updates come, and they are much rarer than all the new stuff.
    I meant to include this in my post. But thanks for bringing it up. It cannot be re-state enough times.

Community Member

Thumbs up Finish unfinished systems - YES PLEASE

In regard to introducing new things - PurpleFooz (Lead Designer) is putting together a follow-up post to talk about finishing systems, which is a high priority for next year. He'll talk more about what that means.

Our top priority is still to finish, polish, and then introduce new things.
    YES, Please - there are tons of crafing systems, upgrading systems, trade in systems etc, I would really like to see some of those combined, or at least have ingredients trades possible or something like that before you add any new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    Great stuff Rowan!

Psionic's 2015/2016?

Have been thinking about them for a while now. And I have come to the conclusion that they deserve an entire expansion devoted to them.

simply adding one psionic class would not cut it so:

-Three classes should be added one of each melee/caster/specialist. (Psychic Warrior/Psion/SoulKnive, or Ardent/erudite/lurk)
    -One Iconic class should be added. (Wilder or Divine Mind)
    -They should get their own (5th) Sphere with 2 or 3 EpicDestinies, the Psionic sphere.(like martial/devine/arcane/primal)
    -At least one new Player race should be introduced (that is related to Psionics like: Dromite/Duergar/Elan/Maenads/Xephs/Yuan-ti)
    This. Also linked to this, more quest/efforts being put in Eberron again, pretty please.

another also is the gnome race. too many people are asking for it and they are in their right to want to see it as a promised base core race.
    finally, please try to clean up remaining bugs. (would love to see bard enhancements put right, but i guess everyone has his own wishlist here)

An active discussion around here. We want it, the challenge is fitting it into the art schedule.
    Whip the artists,tired of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by RD2play View Post
    Great stuff Rowan!

A few suggestions nonetheless

Bump all heroic raids by 10 levels

-instant end game !
    There is a great deal of wisdom in so few words.

As much as I would prefer NEW raids with NEW challenges to learn and overcome, bumping old raids by 10 levels and adjusting them to epic specs would be one way of temporarily filling the endgame gap while those new raids are in development.

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    three barrel cove - we skip that when we are at level.... don't make us go there. it stinks... really stinks... ie we hate it. make it go away.
    Don't include me in the "we hate it camp". "I" disagree.

The quest themselves are reasonably inventive for their level and era and the wilderness zone is visually interesting and fun to explore.

The downside for me and the peers I have spoken with is you can:
    (1) Complete a quest in a House before you even make the run/swim all the way out to a 3BC quest entrance
    (2) Your characters often out level the content running other quests in town before it even occurs to you to venture to 3BC.

For me, an Epic version of 3BC is fantastic news as long as it comes with the following:

(1) Epic named Niche Loot that is relevant, specific and desired versus everything else already available in the game. There needs to be a strong incentive to revisit the Epic quests more than once on a particular account.

(2) Compelling Epic XP that compensates players for traveling out of their way. There is plenty of XP in the game. Players view their time as valuable. Which is easier/faster to get to - Druids Deep or 3BC? If you want people to run to the quest entrances in 3BC then the XP better be significantly better than the XP of Druids Deep.

(3) At least one totally new Epic Quest in 3BC that doesn't currently exist on live. Maybe make it a capstone quest from flagging. This will help draw people in out of curiosity to give the area a second chance.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast