Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    [B] Eh. I really, really like the 3 Barrel Cove explorer zone, and a few of the quests, but I hardly run them, and can't say I'm super-excited about them. What I'd like to see is for 3BC to get upgraded to epic across the board AND have 2 or 3 brand new epic-only quests added to the mix. I like the system of bumping stuff to up to epic, but it still really is largely just playing the same content you were playing 10-20 levels earlier. They really need more changes made in the transition that don't simply amount to changing orange-named creatures to red, and adding air elementals.
    You know, what would be cool?

Beyond a "return to 3BC" epic wilderness a la Gianthold...

...make the new quests something like Blockade Buster from Attack on Stormreach where you're actually fighting on ships.

Or, even, a slightly expanded wilderness area that includes "enemy ships" anchored farther off shore to infiltrate and--say--rescue people or loot.

You ARE the pirate!

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We understand this is an issue, and that's why we're going to introduce Heart Seeds:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...f-Valor-Update
    Heart seeds are a stupid band-aid fix to a problem that you created yourselves and have the means to actually fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Todkaninchen View Post
    You know, what would be cool?

Beyond a "return to 3BC" epic wilderness a la Gianthold...

...make the new quests something like Blockade Buster from Attack on Stormreach where you're actually fighting on ships.

Or, even, a slightly expanded wilderness area that includes "enemy ships" anchored farther off shore to infiltrate and--say--rescue people or loot.

You ARE the pirate!

Default Please finish all the things you have started befitting a level 30 world

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.

My number one wish for 2014 is for Turbine to revisit and update all legacy systems to be coherent, compatible and viable with each other and within a level 30 Epic game.

DDO has numerous ideas with promise that seem to have never been fully implemented. Or there are legacy systems that became obsolete with game advances. Here are a few examples.

HEROIC CLASSES FEATURES: A number of class features appear to be designed exclusively over the level 1- 20 range. These systems need to be extended across a level 30 Epic game.

(1) Druid Wolf Companion/Artificer Dog Companion: Enhancements for wolf/dog companion stop at level 20. Extend Enhancement tree into Epic levels. Provide named epic collars an named wolf specific armor or artificer dog docents to increase the functionality of that class feature at Epic levels

(2) Druid Bear Form: Its not viable; certainly not at Epic levels (slow attack animation, no weapon damage scaling, etc.). Provide Epic Natural Fighting Feat (While in Bear form get a stacking primal bonus to PRR, Incite and healing amp equal to total level. While in wolf form get a stacking primal bonus to % weapon alacrity equal to total level)

(3) Trap Making Rogue/Artificier: Awesome and fun idea but unplayable at the heroic level let alone the Epic level. Double the drop rate on trap ingredients, reduce the cool down timer on laying traps by half (IMPORTANT), double the duration of mines and increase the damage and area effect by 50%. Then, extend mines and grenades into the epic levels with appropriate damage. If I could make another wish i'd like to see a new Arcane Epic Destiny - the Alchemist, that caters to the artificer. The alchemist would be a mad scientist that makes incredibly powerful traps and grenades along with enormous golems but also uses potions to transform himself into a jeckyl and hyde monstrosity.

END GAME GRIND/FLAGGING: Before the level cap was 20 there was good reason for Turbine to want us to want to run certain content over and over. Since there is no level cap in the teens this same content is skipped before flagging/crafting is achieved. Now we simply out level certain content before getting the drops needed to flag or craft gear that is no longer relevant at the high level at which it is finally crafted.

(1) Litany of the Dead Part IV - Make Sigil Frame drops BTA or double the number of drops.
    (2) Lord of Blades (Alchemical Crafting) - Make everything EXCEPT Tier 3 Exquisite ingredients bind to account so you might actually have a chance of completing a weapon before reaching level 25 when its no longer viable. Make Master Artificer gear BTC so there is a reason to actually run the raid rather than just visit the auction house.
    (3) Tower of Despair - increase boot drop ingredients. This is no longer end game, there is little reason loot wise to go there versus Epic content. Why not make the content a bit more accessible to get more folks to run it.
    (4) Revers Refuge - get rid of the silly gem loot flagging mechanic. I will out level content before I flag and ever get around to visiting it. And while you are at it increase the drop rate of Dragontouched Armor ingredients. Its not end game, it becomes obsolete (out leveled) by the time you get enough ingredients to make something unless you grind this to the detriment of all other content.
    (5) Titan Awakes - Who runs this at level? I can never seem to find enough friends to flag at the same time. Sooner or later someone out levels the content and we move on to something else. Just eliminate the flagging mechanic and open up the raid without flagging. Create some other incentive to run the preflagging quests such as loot augment upgrades
    (6) Dreaming Dark Crafting - crystal shards/disks. Increase the drop rate. This is no longer end game. The gear will soon be out leveled and there are now Epic quest options. There is little reason to grind these quests over and over and over. Increase the odds/incentives of getting the gear at the level it was intended.
    Last edited by Claver; 12-03-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Happy Winter Holidays!

We’re coming to the end of 2013, and with that I’d like to capture some important moments from this year and give you insight into next.

This year the DDO Team made a commitment to reduce bugs, increase quality and deliver the features we promised. We’re not 100% yet on all counts, but here are some points of success and failure.

Critical Misses:
    • Mabar Festival. This event was loaded with more bugs and design flaws than we expected, and our best option was to close it early. Gargoyles are serious performance hogs, and the Vampires shouldn’t be permanently invisible. Expect us to take this back to the workshop and rebuild it before we re-introduce it.

A huge miss, witch we pointed out before hand, you might wanne consider listening t your paying playerbase
    • Item duplication exploit. This was the result of another bug that we fixed. It’s an MMO classic and strangely made me nostalgic, but still has negative impacts on the game. Natural 1, ouch.

kinda meh, atleast it got a few people back (mostly for the laughs.....)

Critical Hits:
    • Enhancements! This feature has been in development almost two years, so it’s great to see the light of day. From the feedback and activity we’re seeing most of you don’t actively hate it, which means a good number of people may actively accept it, and some players may secretly love the changes. The new enhancement structure makes it much easier for us to introduce new PREs, such as the Warpriest and Eldritch Knight.
      Actual scared a few of
    • Storm Horn Mountains. This adventure area is the largest we’ve ever built, and arguably the most beautiful. Our goal was also to recreate the experience of exploration in Dungeons & Dragons, complete with varied creatures and random encounters. I believe we succeeded.
      A failure, run once by most, nice looking doesn't equal fun by definition
    • Epic Reincarnation. Extending reincarnation creates new opportunities for you to customize and advance your characters. We view this as only one step along the path to create a stable and substantial endgame along with adding new level cap content, settling on a persistent level cap (30), and making endgame systems like items and advancement more robust.

ETR is a bug ridden mess, weird bags covering the first 3 items in your inventory, skill&stat tomes not always applying, the amount of Coms of Valor is far too high, i'm in my third life on my main, only running quests that give them and not picking exp for saga's, i have 4183 coms, collected over those 3 lives, your system DOES NOT WORK! like we told you!

All this leads us to 2014, and the next set of key features we have planned for DDO. The features listed here are confirmed, meaning we’re committing to delivering them in 2014 (barring divine intervention or disaster).

Our first update of the year introduces two level 30 raids in the dwarf ruins of Thunderholme. The adventure area covers 7 floors with multiple raid and group encounters, while the raids start with a mated pair of red dragons and culminate in a confrontation with Aurgloroasa the Sibilant Shade. In addition to these two raids, we’ve reserved the option to add a third later in the year.

With the 40th Anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons, we’ll also be introducing a tribute to the classic Ed Greenwood module Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. This dungeon will have a version matching the published module, and an extended version using Ed’s unpublished notes that introduces you to Whisper’s Crypt. The Original Elminster (Ed) will provide the Dungeon Master voice and an optional author’s commentary around creating this beloved adventure.

We didn't ask for more forgotten realms content, we asked for more Eberron content, would you mind commenting on this? to your paying customers?

Thunderholme and Haunted Halls will both be free to VIPs.

DDO’s second update of the year will be pirate-themed, with new Guild Airship models, layouts, decorations and amenities. We’ll also revisit Three Barrel Cove to extend it into Epic levels.

We're well aware that there are pirate happy dev's out there, no more please, make the vale epic, follow up Amrath, go to Korvaire, the Lhazaar Principalities if you want to do epic pirates

The third update of the year will take you to Anauroch, the not-so-barren desert to the north of Cormyr. You will have the chance to battle the armies of Netheril and challenge a new enemy – the enigmatic Phaerimm.
    Not interesting enough, Failoon (something you wisely omitted in your post) and Stormhorns is badly written, badly programmed fanfic. go Eberron and i might consider paying again
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

I hear the initial comments already – wow Rowan, good stuff but what about [my favorite feature]! Remember that I’m only listing the features we’ve confirmed. There are many other ideas in process, only some of which will go into the game and out to live worlds.

One concept that we’re working through (but not promising) is end-game items. Initial proposals for this had internal names like “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” (Yes, there are implications of difference between “Intelligent” and “Sentient” weapons, depending on the version of D&D.) Ultimately these are items that are acquired in the endgame, earn experience and advance with you, and could require you to sacrifice other equipment to them to develop their power. Design has barely begun on this, but it may release in multiple phases and include crafting elements.

The team is also considering (but not promising) a range of additions, including scaling more content to Epic levels, adding new Classes or Iconics, adding new Enhancement paths or Epic Destinies, and possibly introducing player housing in Eberron.
    Consider gnomes as a normal race, thieflings/asimar, shifters as iconics

Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.

Although I expect we'll live with Ghostbane memes for a long time.
    Good, you deserve those blisters, listen to your paying customers some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    What I would like to see:

Stop messing with systems. Just because it's new or revised does not make it better. The amount of critical bugs with reincarnation have rose exponentially since the revamp (which is expected) However and a bit OT, this wouldn't be the problem that it is if you had a somewhat decent Customer Service dept. Dealing with them is a **** shoot at best. I've had 3 different in-game Gm's tell me completely different things, then phone support say another then CS manager saying yet another thing. Empower in-game GM's to do a better job and have more leeway and get different components of the CS team on the same page.

Storage. You keep introducing BTC and more ingredients yet character specific storage has not grown. Shared Bank does nothing to alleviate BTC item issues. This has been a huge player issue for well over a year and we see no movement on this.

Endgame content that is difficult but doesn't rely on Dungeon Alert or silly mechanics. If Wheloon didn't have the Pepto-Bismol effect (or we could turn it off) and encounters on higher difficulties wouldn't lead to instant red-alert irregardless if you killed everything beforehand, the SF xpack would be more popular. Also, a million HP monsters doesn't make it harder, it makes it more tedious.

Getting rid of the old shard/scroll/seal method needs to be reiterated. Maybe get a trade-in person or whatever. It sucks now and would help make old content somewhat relevant.

Give us something to strive for. Right now there isn't. I have no motivation to do ER's because there's nothing that needs them and I am not sure I have the confidence that Turbine will introduce anything that will make good use of them. Paying to ER (cause the grind for a heart/off-destiny leveling otherwise is excruciating) just have it isn't worth my money.

And for Christ sake, how about some regular communication when your NOT trying to promote something.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Guthrun View Post
    I want new and original Eberron content!!! You have forgotten Eberron completely which I find unacceptable, Eberron is not just Xen'drik!!! what about Khorvaire, Argonesse or Sarlona?!?!?!?!?!
    I'm not the only one mr producer, listen to your customers, if creative dev's are running out of (writing) juice, send m here, there is plenty of good stuff to be found in Eberron, instead of the generic mess your putting in forgotten realms content.

Quote Originally Posted by Todkaninchen View Post
    And make the statues in the Hall of Heroes actual characters from the server... Maybe whoever has the <fill in extreme statistic here> instead of generic people.

Could have the current form (frozen and approved, i.e. not in their undies) of the leader of the guild accruing most guild renown that month. Maybe the person who completed the most raids. Another for the cleric who healed the most damage that month, etc.

Tie it to people being good players and tag their (approved) bios to it...
    Nice idea's, problem is the execution, every change they introduced the last 2 years required 2 patches to fix the bugs, makes me think there's a dev out there named oops macbutterfingers.
    Content over new systems plz

Quote Originally Posted by Hathorian View Post
    Agreed. Goblins should be CR1-5 only. Not many things are weaker than goblins except kobolds. Ah. Takes me back to gold box Pools of Radiance days. Those were the types of things I was hoping to see in Forgotten Realms in DDO....but FR are really high level in DDO so it is different.
    not realy, they could grow into a nasty adventuring party:

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    I think I ran with that PUG last Crystal Cove...

Pink hair and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Claver View Post
    My number one wish for 2014 is for Turbine to revisit and update all legacy systems to be coherent, compatible and viable with each other and within a level 30 Epic game.

DDO has numerous ideas with promise that seem to have never been fully implemented. Or there are legacy systems that became obsolete with game advances. Here are a few examples.

HEROIC CLASSES FEATURES: A number of class features appear to be designed exclusively over the level 1- 20 range. These systems need to be extended across a level 30 Epic game.

(1) Druid Wolf Companion/Artificer Dog Companion: Enhancements for wolf/dog companion stop at level 20. Extend Enhancement tree into Epic levels. Provide named epic collars an named wolf specific armor or artificer dog docents to increase the functionality of that class feature at Epic levels
    Named handwraps can be turned into collars. Wolf specific armor is just no, just let us use the same armor. I like black scale on my wolf.

(1) Litany of the Dead Part IV - Make Sigil Frame drops BTA or double the number of drops.
    Really? By the time I'm 17 I've never not had a full sigil.
    (2) Lord of Blades (Alchemical Crafting) - Make everything EXCEPT Tier 3 Exquisite ingredients bind to account so you might actually have a chance of completing a weapon before reaching level 25 when its no longer viable. Make Master Artificer gear BTC so there is a reason to actually run the raid rather than just visit the auction house.
    Think shroud weapons, they were good for tr's. If etr catches these could be the same for some.
    (3) Tower of Despair - increase boot drop ingredients. This is no longer end game, there is little reason loot wise to go there versus Epic content. Why not make the content a bit more accessible to get more folks to run it.
    Why not, while they're at it, epic it.

(6) Dreaming Dark Crafting - crystal shards/disks. Increase the drop rate. This is no longer end game. The gear will soon be out leveled and there are now Epic quest options. There is little reason to grind these quests over and over and over. Increase the odds/incentives of getting the gear at the level it was intended.
    This is mostly for ioun stones lately and those you use on tr lives at level 5.

We understand this is an issue, and that's why we're going to introduce Heart Seeds:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...f-Valor-Update

Can we get any response as to reducing the current (overwhelming) number of 4200 commendations for a heart?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ng-a-character

a simple yes/no/maybe would suffice...

Community Member

Default Cannith crafting need to be taken to epic

hAY THERE IS A GREAT SYSTEM THAT HAS FALLEN BY THE WAY SIDE. It would be nice if you guys would finish this to the epic lvls. Just start out makeing new stuff and making it viable alt to use.
    A Player of a clonk
    funniest thing I have read in a while=>
    we'd rather spend that development time on things most players like.

Quote Originally Posted by rosedarkthorn View Post

Epic Reincarnations are certainly a great addition. I still think 4200 Comms is too high though and requiring us to run in an off destiny to build karma back up feels more like a punishment than a reward. Personally, I don't really see why the Comms have to be BTC. I get that you want to use them for future upgrades, but I don't see how it's game break to allow us to farm them on a specific character and just pass them to others. We'd still have to farm them, regardless.

i guess you didnt see the heart seed thing coming in the patch so this commendation thing is not an issue. heart seeds are bta and takes 100 commendations to get 1 seed. 42 seeds to get a heart.

What I'd like to see improved:

• The Epic Destiny system. Currently, leveling up in an 'off' destiny forces the player to go without epic caster levels. In the worst case scenario, a wizard or other caster would could be casting at caster level 20 while running in a level 28 quest. Also, a third ED for the divine sphere would be nice.
    • Heroic Enhancements. Give each class that only has two enhancement trees a third tree. This means druids, fighters, bards, favored souls, paladins and artificers. Also, bards, barbarians and fighters are the worst classes to play as a single-classed character, each for their own reasons.

What I'd like to see developed

• More races. Not iconics, just regular races. I personally would like to see Asimaar and Tieflings.
    • Warlock class!
    • Improved spell list for rangers, paladins and bards. Quite a few of their spells are easily replaced by equipment, potions and scrolls.
    • More Shavarath quests. There are demons and archons on that plane, not just devils.
    Last edited by HatsuharuZ; 12-03-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Another year of no Gnomes?

An active discussion around here. We want it, the challenge is fitting it into the art schedule.
    /Punts Gnomes to the curb.

KOBOLD PCs, FTW!!

CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Good, you deserve those blisters, listen to your paying customers some more!

What he said

I'm not the only one mr producer, listen to your customers, if creative dev's are running out of (writing) juice, send m here, there is plenty of good stuff to be found in Eberron, instead of the generic mess your putting in forgotten realms content.

Nice idea's, problem is the execution, every change they introduced the last 2 years required 2 patches to fix the bugs, makes me think there's a dev out there named oops macbutterfingers.
    Content over new systems plz

not realy, they could grow into a nasty adventuring party:

just because you didnt like forgotten realms doesn't mean it was a waste of time. it means you will never like it really. so please just shut up. there are a lot of people who did enjoy it or hate ebberon. Some want greyhawk etc. They can go anywhere as long as they get the license. so who cares where they go as long as the stuff is still fun and different. i dont care what setting it's in.

Community Member

We need multiple raids. We need a solid endgame as a viable alternative for endless TRing.

Perhaps revamping old raids, turning them epic, would be a quick stopgap measure to get a vibrant endgame up and running
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

2016 DDO Players Council UurlockYgmeov's Avatar

From the Mushroom Cave:

Thank you for all your blood, sweat and tears! The pitchforks have been your own fault, but you and your team have lived through the year. There was much rejoicement!

Your team has been quietly persistently recoding the entire game. Good. Things like kobold's REALLY hating boxes, stealth, invisibility, have been massive undertakings and have shown vast improvements in game performance. Should continue these massive undertakings as well as communicating about these endeavors more.

Keep up the quality of life improvements!

Here is some of my wish list:

• Communication. Communication. Communication. Vastly improved in the later months - but still has a way to go. Discussion makes us feel involved and keeps the pitchforks at bay. Also means more efficient use of resources (dev's make something, players go meh or yell - have to waste resources to revamp in mid stride). MORE. MORE. MORE!
    • Cannith Crafting: Finish / Update / Expand it. Make it so every update it can be easily and automatically updated. Make it so it is relevant and useful to all levels and builds. Make it so can craft more items like potions, augments, slots, etc. The Runestones and ammunition are some of the hidden gems that ARE relevant and useful to all levels and builds. More of that.
    • Love the ship improvements - but how about finishing the GUILD SYSTEM?
      • In game recruitment and guild information portal. Calendar, news, events, etc(Automatic reminder of joining anniversary and guild birthday). I think neverwinter is DDO for dummies, but their guild system is pretty well complete. How about adding age benefits as well? Lotro kin system. (Fast travel to guild housing).
      • Improve the usability of guild storage (make it like backpack - so can search, sort etc.) and make it so chests are permanent and size is scalable by permanent additions.
      • Make a guild bank with automatic renewals using plat, as's, or renown.
      • More member ranks and ways to delegate (again example ddo for dummies).
      • More Cosmetic Captains (Gelatinous Cube Captain - AAARRRGGHHH!!! ).
      • Make a voice channel for use on guild ship - ie not in a group - but on the ship? then PTT or voice is on the ship channel.
      • Acute Delirium ship skins? Made out of beds? Beholder Stomach? The Pit. An airship of unimaginable evil power? YUM! Visible Trophies???
      • Additional varied ship amenities. Instead of training dummy - can have the Kobold room from the Test Dojo etc.
      • Guild only auction house.... maybe.
      • Update the roster so that characters from same account group together, or at least have a way to see characters by account in guild. Give us many better faster management tools.

• VIP program. Expand and continue to add benefits.
    • TR cache management. search, sort (especially by level and type) and yes, ability to mass empty!
    • Storage. BtC and massive, searchable, sortable, and stackable. AND OR make it so existing BtC items are made to be BtA and CHARACTER restricted (XXX character absolutely required, no UMD) - which would allow you much greater ability to manage BtC items by using shared bank to transfer (but not equip/use) gear for storage.
    • Housing with visible trophies or a mini cage for pets and personal vault would be just amazing
    • Races: kobolds, aasimar, tiefling, gnome, dragonborn, solars, dark gnomes, dark dwarves.
    • Monsters: Goblins! Myconids, Doppelgangers
    • Monster Manual additions and completions.
    • Gibbering Mothers. Living Wall.
    • Classes: yes, but drawing a blank. Bring the total to 15 and cap it there. Warlock, Psionic?
    • Epic Shaverath.
    • More Heroic/Epic Sagas (catacombs+Necro1-4)(the rise and fall of the stormreaver) (Vale+Shaverath) (IQ1+IQ2) etc.
    • Epic Shroud and GreenSteel tier V,VI, VII (ml:18) through tier VI, VII, IX (ml:24) - yes. Use the unfinished collectable system already in place to award VComms.
    • New Epic Crafting? Like idea of sentient/intelligent done through a greensteel like approach? yes.
    • Update and expand estar challenge rewards. Add Frozen Docent (Frozen Tunic) to cannith challenge rewards. Make level 24 and 28 tiers available.
    • Update the chat interface. Allow a GUI for options (check-boxes etc) and so on. Include graphical listing of channels, status, members, password or open etc.
    • Update the /quest completions to include GUI - showing count, flagging, etc. Use this to show saga status and so on.
    • TR character export. Automatically export and email character to player. Include images, and item list.
    • Spell Update Pass. Ranger and Paladin spells need serious help.
    • Update spell lists to show upper level memorized (but greyed out) spells.
    • Arcane Familiars. Seriously? Not in game yet?
    • Ranger pet. Again, seriously? Copy the druid and nough said.
    • Weapons Advancing - Intelligent / Sentient? Cool beans. Although you should also make it so when we TR they are still useful - just scale with the level of the user. So it is +11 of x X, y X, z X at 30, but when its master reincarnates back to lv1 it is +1 x I, y I, z I.
    • 3 new iconics were mentioned as being kicked around in DDOcast 309. Dwarf Barbarian, Drow Ranger, and Something Bard; along with gnomes. Agree. Make it so. Dragonborn and shaman also? Red Wizard of Thay - now that would be classic. Something for monk - Oriental Adventures. Waterdeepian Mercenary?
    • Character sheet update. Show effects like deathblock, spell crit chances, etc. Get rid of the guesswork and give us the detail we need.
    • Continue to add function / usefulness to Hall of Heroes - so much space, so much running and only a bank, auctioneer, and mailbox? Add guild vendors there - airship portal, etc. Hero's Wet Whistle, etc.
    • Augment bag and bags in general. Augment bags need search and category; however add more functionality to all bags. Sell one size bag (base) and upgrades. So have base bag and then purchasable upgrade to size. Add a second page to the display - so it can be sorted, and searched - locked and multiple move (control click) (control shift click)
    • Scroll bag, Potion Belt, and what ever happened to the bracelet of charms that was almost live?
    • Cosmetic NPC's like cosmetic pets. Have a dryad or Human pet!
    • Word of Recall / Teleport / Greater Teleport - update these. (Word of recall based upon deity) - Player assigned locations (but not across planes) - and if in FR should have several locations there as well (but again not across planes)
    • In-game mail update. Add guild mail features, mail multiple items at once etc.
    • Make completionist feat free and stacking up to x3 (first yes, second maybe)

Pipe dreams:

• Internet based character and inventory management like ddo for dummies has.
    • Character select character sandbox - a character planner.
    • More Festivals (Once Mabar is given the six million man treatment) - FR has many festivals - Deadwinter Day, Endless Revels of Life, Feast of the Moon, Festival of Blue Fire, Festival of Handras, Festival of Remembering, Greengrass, Highharvestide, Midwinter, Open Feast, Shieldmeet, Trolltide - use them.
    • Iconic Completionist
    • Epic Completionist
    • More challenges
    • Mounts
    • Spell: Fly
    • Ladders, and grappling hooks with rope.

Last edited by UurlockYgmeov; 12-04-2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: my kobold powered spell checker is on Union Break

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by arkonas View Post
    just because you didnt like forgotten realms doesn't mean it was a waste of time. it means you will never like it really. so please just shut up. there are a lot of people who did enjoy it or hate ebberon. Some want greyhawk etc. They can go anywhere as long as they get the license. so who cares where they go as long as the stuff is still fun and different. i dont care what setting it's in.
    You realize that even by your own logic, you should tell yourself to be quiet too?

IE: Just because you like it, doesn't mean you can tell people who don't not to say anything. Especially if you then go onto say you don't care where they take you, as long as you can go with them.

Some people.

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    Thank you for all your blood, sweat and tears! The pitchforks have been your own fault, but you and your team have lived through the year. Their was much rejoicement!

Your team has been quietly persistently recoding the entire game. Good. Things like kobold's REALLY hating boxes, stealth, invisibility, have been massive undertakings and have shown vast improvements in game performance. Should continue these massive undertakings as well as communicating about these endeavours more.

Keep up the quality of life improvements!

Here is some of my wish list:

• Communication. Communication. Communication. Vastly improved in the later months - but still has a way to go. Discussion makes us feel involved and keeps the pitchforks at bay. Also means more efficient use of resources (dev's make something, players go meh or yell - have to waste resources to revamp in mid stride).
    • Cannith Crafting: Finish / Update / Expand it. Make it so every update it can be easily and automatically updated. Make it so it is relevant and useful to all levels and builds. Make it so can craft more items like potions, augments, slots, etc. The Runestones and ammunition are some of the hidden gems that ARE relevant and useful to all levels and builds. More of that.
    • Love the ship improvements - but how about finishing the GUILD SYSTEM?
      • In game recruitment and guild information portal. Calendar, news, events, etc(Automatic reminder of joining anniversary and guild birthday). I think neverwinter is DDO for dummies, but their guild system is pretty well complete. How about adding age benefits as well? Lotro kin system. (Fast travel to guild housing).
      • Improve the usability of guild storage (make it like backpack - so can search, sort etc.) and make it so chests are permanent and size is scalable by permanent additions.
      • Make a guild bank with automatic renewals using plat, as's, or renown.
      • More ranks (again example ddo for dummies).
      • More Cosmetic Captains (Gelatinous Cube Captain - AAARRRGGHHH!!! ).
      • Make a voice channel for use on guild ship - ie not in a group - but on the ship? then PTT or voice is on the ship channel.
      • Acute Delirium ship skins? Made out of beds? Beholder Stomach? The Pit. An airship of unimaginable evil power? YUM! Visible Trophies???
      • Additional varied ship amenities. Instead of training dummy - can have the Kobold room from the Test Dojo etc.
      • Guild only auction house.... maybe.

• TR cache management. search, sort (especially by level and type) and yes, ability to mass empty!
    • Storage. BtC and massive, searchable, sortable, and stackable. AND OR make it so existing BtC items are made to be BtA and CHARACTER restricted (XXX character absolutely required, no UMD) - which would allow you much greater ability to manage BtC items by using shared bank to transfer (but not equip/use) gear for storage.
    • Housing with visible trophies or a mini cage for pets and personal vault would be just amazing
    • Races: kobolds, aasimar, tiefling, gnome, dragonborn, solars.
    • Monsters: Goblins! Myconids, Doppelgangers
    • Monster Manual additions and completions.
    • Gibbering Mothers. Living Wall.
    • Classes: yes, but drawing a blank. Bring it to 15 and cap it there. Warlock, Psionic?
    • Epic Shaverath.
    • More Heroic/Epic Sagas (catacombs+Necro1-4)(the rise and fall of the stormreaver) (Vale+Shaverath) (IQ1+IQ2) etc.
    • Epic Shroud and GreenSteel tier V,VI, VII (ml:18) through tier VI, VII, IX (ml:24) - yes. Use the unfinished collectable system already in place to award VComms.
    • New Epic Crafting? Like idea of sentient/intelligent done through a greensteel like approach? yes.
    • Update and expand estar challenge rewards. Add Frozen Docent (Frozen Tunic) to cannith challenge rewards. Make level 24 and 28 tiers available.
    • Update the chat interface. Allow a GUI for options (checkboxes etc) and so on.
    • Update the /quest completions to include GUI - showing count, flagging, etc. Use this to show saga status and so on.
    • Update spell lists to show upper level memorized (but greyed out) spells.
    • Weapons Advancing - Intelligent / Sentient? Cool beans. Although you should also make it so when we TR they are still useful - just scale with the level of the user. So it is +11 of x X, y X, z X at 30, but when its master reincarnates back to lv1 it is +1 x I, y I, z I.
    • 3 new iconics were mentioned as being kicked around in DDOcast 309. Dwarf Barbarian, Drow Ranger, and Something Bard; along with gnomes. Agree. Make it so. Dragonborn and shaman also?
    • Character sheet update. Show effects like deathblock, spell crit chances, etc. Get rid of the guesswork and give us the detail we need.
    • Continue to add function / usefulness to Hall of Heroes - so much space, so much running and only a bank, auctioneer, and mailbox? Add guild vendors there - airship portal, etc. Hero's Wet Whistle, etc.
    • Augment bag and bags in general. Augment needs search and category - but add more functionality to all bags. Sell one size bag and upgrades. So have base collectable bag and then purchase upgrade to size. Add a second page to the display - so it can be sorted, and searched - locked and multiple move (control click) (control shift click)
    • Scroll bag, Potion Belt, and what ever happened to the bracelet of charms that was almost live?
    • Cosmetic NPC's like cosmetic pets. Have a dryad or Human pet!
    • Word of Recall / Teleport / Greater Teleport - update these. (Word of recall based upon deity) - Player assigned locations (but not across planes) - and if in FR should have several locations there as well (but again not across planes)
    • In-game mail update. Add guild mail features, mail multiple items at once etc.
    • Make completionist feat free and stacking up to x3 (first yes, second maybe)

Pipe dreams:

• Internet based character and inventory management like ddo for dummies has.
    • Character select character sandbox - a character planner.
    • More Festivals (Once Mabar is given the six million man treatment) - FR has many festivals - Deadwinter Day, Endless Revels of Life, Feast of the Moon, Festival of Blue Fire, Festival of Handras, Festival of Remembering, Greengrass, Highharvestide, Midwinter, Open Feast, Shieldmeet, Trolltide - use them.
    • Iconic Completionist
    • Epic Completionist
    • More challenges

Turbine!!! Hire this person!

Could you confirm that all these plans for 2014 are free to VIP?

We have had a lot of paid content lately, and after being a paid subscriber since the beginning, paid updates are a bit disappointing.

Other than the, sounds great.
    /sigh

The biggest fix I want to see is a reworking of the differences between Epic Normal, Epic Hard and Epic Elite.

The difference between them right now is just monster stats. It should be primarily encounter complexity, with EH and EE having similar monster stats (perhaps EH as it is now and EE slightly higher) but EE having unforgiving additional mechanics.

DDO used to be able to do this really well. Look at some of the 20 cap content - TOD elite part 1 requires precision movement from players to avoid being buffetted into traps, improvising after someone messes up and dies, and (when done as designed, at a level where EDs are unavailable) requires careful SP management over a long time. On the other hand TOD hard part 1 allows a lot more mistakes.

Likewise the elite-only extra encounter in A Small Problem and the EH/EE only extra surprises in the Desert. Since then, however, everything has just become 'EH is boring because the mobs are no threat, EE is boring because the mobs take too damn long unless you have a build that uses broken synergies to get 500% of the performance of other builds'.

Also the mob stat bloat causes entire player strategies to break down. A good but not perfect DC caster is worthless in EE content but absurdly overpowered in EH, where they can often kill 80% of trash before a melee can get into range to hit it.

I don't mind if you keep the relative difficulties of EN, EH and EE about as they are now, just make the differences between them. Who knows, it might even encourage me to start playing more than once a week again.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Happy Winter Holidays!

I'd also like to see:
    1. Cannith Crafting updated.
    2. Half-Elf Follower of the Sovereign Host come back, or Half-Elf Dilettante unlock PREs.
    3. Iron Defender work as well as Wolf Companion.
    4. Wolf Companion that would break all boxes, and not just once in a while.
    5. A higher new quest per month average.
    6. Knowing for sure that guild decay is gone for good.
    7. Trophies for Facebook.
    8. Light spell, torch, flares, duct tape mod....more options for light.
    9. Scroll case.
    10. Recipe to change old versions of named items into the new ones.
    11. Helmet/goggle/cosmetic toggle stay the same after logging out.
    12. Armor kit from existing armor - my wife will only wear the Elocator's Habiliment because she loves the way it looks. (She would wear the Elocator's Habiliment IRL)

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast