Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

So there is hope.

Can't wait to see it all come (hopefully) to fruition!
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

I would agree with others. Please let the Forgotten Realms be forgotten and return to Eberron. Making old packs epic is fun, but new Eberron content would be even better.

And please make new content with unique and diverse challenges like a lot of older content. We don't need anymore straight hack 'n slash, kill moar mobs with moar hp, wave after wave of boringness kind of quests characteristic of most Forgotten Realms content.
    White Feather Sniper: dps focused, 62DC paralyzing arrows human ranged ranger/The Divine Cuisinart: human tempest in divine crusader/Hassan's Assassin: 81DC halfling assassin/The Count of Monte Cristo: human swashbuckler/Dubbell O'Seven: WF artificer
    Abandoned builds: Totally Bass Ackwards/Santa's Little Slayer

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Thank you for sharing some of your design aims for the coming year, this kind of communication is highly appreciated.
    <seemingly offensive Army of Darkness quote>

Hero

What I would like to see:

Stop messing with systems. Just because it's new or revised does not make it better. The amount of critical bugs with reincarnation have rose exponentially since the revamp (which is expected) However and a bit OT, this wouldn't be the problem that it is if you had a somewhat decent Customer Service dept. Dealing with them is a **** shoot at best. I've had 3 different in-game Gm's tell me completely different things, then phone support say another then CS manager saying yet another thing. Empower in-game GM's to do a better job and have more leeway and get different components of the CS team on the same page.

Storage. You keep introducing BTC and more ingredients yet character specific storage has not grown. Shared Bank does nothing to alleviate BTC item issues. This has been a huge player issue for well over a year and we see no movement on this.

Endgame content that is difficult but doesn't rely on Dungeon Alert or silly mechanics. If Wheloon didn't have the Pepto-Bismol effect (or we could turn it off) and encounters on higher difficulties wouldn't lead to instant red-alert irregardless if you killed everything beforehand, the SF xpack would be more popular. Also, a million HP monsters doesn't make it harder, it makes it more tedious.

Getting rid of the old shard/scroll/seal method needs to be reiterated. Maybe get a trade-in person or whatever. It sucks now and would help make old content somewhat relevant.

Give us something to strive for. Right now there isn't. I have no motivation to do ER's because there's nothing that needs them and I am not sure I have the confidence that Turbine will introduce anything that will make good use of them. Paying to ER (cause the grind for a heart/off-destiny leveling otherwise is excruciating) just have it isn't worth my money.

And for Christ sake, how about some regular communication when your NOT trying to promote something.

This, overall, looks really awesome!

It's great to see a reminder that you do, in fact, pay attention to what the players are saying, even if it's impossible to respond to each individual forum post.

I'm excited for pretty much all of this stuff, and I'm looking forward to the implementation.
    Cannith: Capricorpus (triple all heroic/iconic/epic past lives, no stones) / Capiorcorpus / Capicorpus / Capricopus / Iconless the Hero

Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    DDO’s second update of the year will be pirate-themed, with new Guild Airship models, layouts, decorations and amenities.
    Speaking of airship cosmetics. How about some stuff like airship cannons and the like? Doesn't have to do much but add flavor to the ship.

Stormhorns should go in the critical miss category. They might look pretty, but I absolutely loathe those quests.

ETR should be in it's own category of ULTRA critical fail.
    Last edited by rest; 12-03-2013 at 12:02 PM.

I simply LOVE THIS GAME! Thanks a lot for this. Even with bugs, the game is the very best way to have som fun and relax, and to run all my sexy and hot girly toons Merry Xmas and again, MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Default ..sad face

An active discussion around here. We want it, the challenge is fitting it into the art schedule.
    Screw GGGGnomes.. I wanna be an Iconic Kobold! Squeak at my teammates, bounce around so enemies can't hit me, spam lightning bolt or fire projectiles!

Mostly I want to be of dragon blood and REMEMBER WATER WORKS!!!
    * * * Koneka * * *
    --- Lunarko ------------------ Koneka ------------------ Lunako ---

There is some good things here. The lack of any kind of commitment to finishing enhancements and fixing the problems with the system is disappointing to say the least. I'll echo the need for more storage as well. The eTR system has some major bugs that need to be addressed pronto, asap, pdq... I hope you get the picture.

I, for one, am not excited about epic tBC. There are so many other areas that could use some epic love, seems tBC should be at the bottom of the list. Seems like the decision was based on finding the least played part of the game and epic-izing it. How about epic Vale of Twilight or epic Waterworks?
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Will any of this content be lower-level?
    If this is true then the answer is "yes".

With the 40th Anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons, we’ll also be introducing a tribute to the classic Ed Greenwood module Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. This dungeon will have a version matching the published module, and an extended version using Ed’s unpublished notes that introduces you to Whisper’s Crypt. The Original Elminster (Ed) will provide the Dungeon Master voice and an optional author’s commentary around creating this beloved adventure....
    ETA from the module:

Every great adventurer begins somewhere often somewhere small and outwardly peaceful. To swing a sword in such surroundings, one must always remember it is no less heroic than besieging tall cities, or wielding an arsenal of magic in going against a dragon.

Astergullph Daeryn, Sage of Dhedluk
    Aster's Journal I
    Levels 1-5
    Last edited by MartinusWyllt; 12-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Community Member

I want new and original Eberron content!!! You have forgotten Eberron completely which I find unacceptable, Eberron is not just Xen'drik!!! what about Khorvaire, Argonesse or Sarlona?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    So only 3 raids planned for the whole year?
    Compared to previous years, that's not really all that bad. Unless you're comparing it to the glory days of DDO, even then the best year might have been 4, but I'm not up on my history. To me, 3 raids sounds good if they are quality.

I'm quite interested in what he didn't say. Anything about an expansion next year. Are we back to regular adventure packs at least for 2014?
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Default Dear Producer rowan !!!!!!!!

Are we close to seeing the Amrath arc expanded on any time soon ???

Are we ever going to be able to travel to the realm of the dead via the other teleport location through the twelve ??

Just a few things I know allot of us have been waiting for for years !!!

A quick yes/no/maybe , Soon / Near future / Too early !!!!

Anyway i look forward to the new additions and changes from your team !!!

Please don't overlook end-game RAID gear.

Looking forward to the first 2 raids.

Remember, what players like:

- Shroud and MA/LOB crafting.
    - Niche clickies (see: DW, Freedom of Movement, Deadly, Greater Heroism etc etc)
    - A lot of variation in gear, e.g: ASSASSINATE GEAR, Scimitars, GREATSWORD/GREATAXE, ENDGAME SCEPTERS, Handwraps, etc etc

What players don't like:

- Running to huge wilderness areas like Lob and MA.
    - Raid gear that worse than Random gen loot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    Compared to previous years, that's not really all that bad. Unless you're comparing it to the glory days of DDO, even then the best year might have been 4, but I'm not up on my history. To me, 3 raids sounds good if they are quality.

I'm quite interested in what he didn't say. Anything about an expansion next year. Are we back to regular adventure packs at least for 2014?
    He did say that two of the raids would be free to VIPs which implies that they would not be an expansion. Making the anniversary event an expansion would be an insane mistake, I just don't see that happening. Hopefully no expansions this year.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Smile A year in review

Its great that you are revisiting 3BC, please do something awesome with that giant white arch that isn't even currently an explorer location. Please.

I second Asimaar and Tiefling races or iconics.

Please, please, please, with tasty bacon ...continue the Monster Manual fixes and additions.

As to 2013.... hmmm I would say Shadowfell Expansion was hit and miss. Love the Stormhorns, can't stand purple haze of headache that is Wheloon. Btw did anyone figure out a graphics setting that would tone that down or turn it off? Someone told me bloom filter, I fiddled with it but that didn't work for me.

Enhancements: In general I love the new enhancements. I was afraid at first of the changes especially with the previously proposed 3 tree limit but as they have progressed the UI is actually very friendly and thoughtfully crafted. Some prestiges need help still... Bard Warchanter, Paladin, Ranger Tempest. There should probably be more tree sharing... for instance is there some profound reason why a Sorcerer cannot be an Archmage that I am unaware of?

Epic Reincarnation: Also in general this came out very well constructed. However, there must be some odd numerical significance to 4200 that goes over my head. I would have went for a flat number like 4000, or some multiple of 5 like 2500, or maybe 3000 because the intended level cap is 30. I just don't get 4200, it sounds like an address.

That being said, I look forward to DDO in the next year.

Ooops before I forget... as to random lootgen, would it be possible to get at least one of the sonic prefix mutations made into a suffix? For my bards I like them to wield sonic damaging weapons as a sort of flavor thing and it bugged me that all sonic damage came as prefixes thus thundering, wailing, pandemonium, cacophany, could only have one on the weapon ... no wailing greatsword of cacophany for instance. But if that isn't possible would it be easier to make Ruby Augments with some sonic damage?
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Happy Winter Holidays!

We’re coming to the end of 2013, and with that I’d like to capture some important moments from this year and give you insight into next.

This year the DDO Team made a commitment to reduce bugs, increase quality and deliver the features we promised. We’re not 100% yet on all counts, but here are some points of success and failure.

Critical Misses:
    • Mabar Festival. This event was loaded with more bugs and design flaws than we expected, and our best option was to close it early. Gargoyles are serious performance hogs, and the Vampires shouldn’t be permanently invisible. Expect us to take this back to the workshop and rebuild it before we re-introduce it.
    • Item duplication exploit. This was the result of another bug that we fixed. It’s an MMO classic and strangely made me nostalgic, but still has negative impacts on the game. Natural 1, ouch.

Critical Hits:
    • Enhancements! This feature has been in development almost two years, so it’s great to see the light of day. From the feedback and activity we’re seeing most of you don’t actively hate it, which means a good number of people may actively accept it, and some players may secretly love the changes. The new enhancement structure makes it much easier for us to introduce new PREs, such as the Warpriest and Eldritch Knight.
    • Storm Horn Mountains. This adventure area is the largest we’ve ever built, and arguably the most beautiful. Our goal was also to recreate the experience of exploration in Dungeons & Dragons, complete with varied creatures and random encounters. I believe we succeeded.
    • Epic Reincarnation. Extending reincarnation creates new opportunities for you to customize and advance your characters. We view this as only one step along the path to create a stable and substantial endgame along with adding new level cap content, settling on a persistent level cap (30), and making endgame systems like items and advancement more robust.

All this leads us to 2014, and the next set of key features we have planned for DDO. The features listed here are confirmed, meaning we’re committing to delivering them in 2014 (barring divine intervention or disaster).

Our first update of the year introduces two level 30 raids in the dwarf ruins of Thunderholme. The adventure area covers 7 floors with multiple raid and group encounters, while the raids start with a mated pair of red dragons and culminate in a confrontation with Aurgloroasa the Sibilant Shade. In addition to these two raids, we’ve reserved the option to add a third later in the year.

With the 40th Anniversary of Dungeons & Dragons, we’ll also be introducing a tribute to the classic Ed Greenwood module Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. This dungeon will have a version matching the published module, and an extended version using Ed’s unpublished notes that introduces you to Whisper’s Crypt. The Original Elminster (Ed) will provide the Dungeon Master voice and an optional author’s commentary around creating this beloved adventure.

Thunderholme and Haunted Halls will both be free to VIPs.

DDO’s second update of the year will be pirate-themed, with new Guild Airship models, layouts, decorations and amenities. We’ll also revisit Three Barrel Cove to extend it into Epic levels.

The third update of the year will take you to Anauroch, the not-so-barren desert to the north of Cormyr. You will have the chance to battle the armies of Netheril and challenge a new enemy – the enigmatic Phaerimm.

Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap and complete the Epic levels. With this update we’ll be looking at ways to complete and improve existing systems like Epic Destinies.

I hear the initial comments already – wow Rowan, good stuff but what about [my favorite feature]! Remember that I’m only listing the features we’ve confirmed. There are many other ideas in process, only some of which will go into the game and out to live worlds.

One concept that we’re working through (but not promising) is end-game items. Initial proposals for this had internal names like “Greensteel 2,” “Intelligent Weapons” and “Sentient Weapons.” (Yes, there are implications of difference between “Intelligent” and “Sentient” weapons, depending on the version of D&D.) Ultimately these are items that are acquired in the endgame, earn experience and advance with you, and could require you to sacrifice other equipment to them to develop their power. Design has barely begun on this, but it may release in multiple phases and include crafting elements.

The team is also considering (but not promising) a range of additions, including scaling more content to Epic levels, adding new Classes or Iconics, adding new Enhancement paths or Epic Destinies, and possibly introducing player housing in Eberron.

Please let us know what you’d like to see next year, and onward as we develop and improve Dungeons & Dragons Online.
    Before I say anything else, let me say I've played this game a long time, and love it.

Epic 3BC? Just my luck. The only quest areas I dislike are 3BC and Threnal. I bet Threnal is next for Epic-ifying...

The Ed Greenwood module sounds fantastic, as do the raids. The promise of end game weaponry also piques my interest.

---

Oh please, oh please, make Epic Vale. :/

Critical Misses:
    • Item duplication exploit. This was the result of another bug that we fixed. It’s an MMO classic and strangely made me nostalgic, but still has negative impacts on the game. Natural 1, ouch.

One could argue this was the best thing in DDO in 2013.

This letter gave me hope again

What I think:
    -I definitely need more bank space.
    -Housing with visible trophies or a mini cage for pets and personal vault would be just amazing
    -Raids are cool. 2+ would be better.
    -More sophisticated quests for trappers, making them once again wanted.
    -Please no fogs/environmental effects that would hurt my eyes and lag a game.

these and it would be awesome.

^^

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast