Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boost XP boosters

What a sad situation, Turbine this is your chance to fix it by making more money.

Since everyone is telling you that they are being incentivized to not be VIP, to not have epic tomes of learning, to not use XP pots, etc... Here is what you can do, if you are at all smart, to incentivize everyone again.

1. XP pots - add a % increase to commendations as part of the pots. Or you can offer commendation booster pots but I think in the end you'd make more money upgrading the XP pots and people would hate you less. People who want XP for heroic buy XP pots for XP, people leveling 20-28 buy XP pots for faster leveling to cap AND faster accumulation of commendations. Face it, you'd catch a lot more honey this way. Some people hate on you and will not buy those hearts while feeling forced to because of the stupid 4200 number. But add commendation boost in those pots and BAM, they'll buy pots instead.
    2. Epic Otto's - despite what people say, someone who would buy this would not necessarily spring for an epic heart as well. Add a certain amount of commendations that come with the XP it provides. Impatient people might still buy an epic heart 2 out of 3 times or 1 out of 3 times, everyone else will at least buy your otto box. What you have now is the only people buying Otto are those already ready to buy hearts as well. You need to attract more people than that as those people will be done ASAP with all these pay2circumventplaying and when done with all the PLs, they will stop buying or playing.
    3. VIP - nice that you are offering ONE free heart in December. It's one time. Every other time being VIP makes it so I'm more likely to grind at 28 for more commendations. BOO. Do the same as XP pots, commendation booster included. Don't incentivize people to CANCEL VIP, seriously what nonsense.
    4. Epic tomes - we bought the legendary packs and such and now you are punishing everyone who used an epic tome on their character. Buyer's remorse is huge. Add commendation booster to the epic tomes.

ALL THESE CHANGES SHOULD RETROACTIVELY APPLY TO EXISTING ITEMS!
    I cannot stress that enough, you have left a bitter taste every time you have changed items. Make it exchange-able with an NPC if you do not know how to re-code a database entry, *shakes head and sighs*. I'm not going to go into the sad state of your coding if you cannot do retroactive item changes.

Incentivizing purchase of one item does not work if you are deincentivizing purchase of 4 different categories by it. And Otto is more expensive than a heart last I looked.

And as a personal note, stop being so attached to Shadowfail. I get that you want us to run it more hence the higher level of commendations there, but you cannot force people to run unpleasant and painful content over and over... eventually we say to hell with you and DDO. Don't be so short-sighted, okay?

Get to work.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Or instead of all that work on it, they could lower the comms to 2500 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    Or instead of all that work on it, they could lower the comms to 2500 or so.
    If I had any hope that they would do that, I wouldn't have made those suggestions.

We can do a bet, I'll send you $10 if they ever lower them to 2500 (without lowering how many commendations quests give).
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    If I had any hope that they would do that, I wouldn't have made those suggestions.

We can do a bet, I'll send you $10 if they ever lower them to 2500 (without lowering how many commendations quests give).
    Very true, it's convoluted enough to make sense to Turbine. They can't KISS any system.

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

+1 for good suggestions, from my Canadian Sister from another Mister. Glad to see you still holding the fort down Daem! Cheers! :P! ! !
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

What a sad situation, Turbine this is your chance to fix it by making more money.

Since everyone is telling you that they are being incentivized to not be VIP, to not have epic tomes of learning, to not use XP pots, etc... Here is what you can do, if you are at all smart, to incentivize everyone again.

1. XP pots - add a % increase to commendations as part of the pots. Or you can offer commendation booster pots but I think in the end you'd make more money upgrading the XP pots and people would hate you less. People who want XP for heroic buy XP pots for XP, people leveling 20-28 buy XP pots for faster leveling to cap AND faster accumulation of commendations. Face it, you'd catch a lot more honey this way. Some people hate on you and will not buy those hearts while feeling forced to because of the stupid 4200 number. But add commendation boost in those pots and BAM, they'll buy pots instead.
    2. Epic Otto's - despite what people say, someone who would buy this would not necessarily spring for an epic heart as well. Add a certain amount of commendations that come with the XP it provides. Impatient people might still buy an epic heart 2 out of 3 times or 1 out of 3 times, everyone else will at least buy your otto box. What you have now is the only people buying Otto are those already ready to buy hearts as well. You need to attract more people than that as those people will be done ASAP with all these pay2circumventplaying and when done with all the PLs, they will stop buying or playing.
    3. VIP - nice that you are offering ONE free heart in December. It's one time. Every other time being VIP makes it so I'm more likely to grind at 28 for more commendations. BOO. Do the same as XP pots, commendation booster included. Don't incentivize people to CANCEL VIP, seriously what nonsense.
    4. Epic tomes - we bought the legendary packs and such and now you are punishing everyone who used an epic tome on their character. Buyer's remorse is huge. Add commendation booster to the epic tomes.

I cannot stress that enough, you have left a bitter taste every time you have changed items. Make it exchange-able with an NPC if you do not know how to re-code a database entry, *shakes head and sighs*. I'm not going to go into the sad state of your coding if you cannot do retroactive item changes.

Incentivizing purchase of one item does not work if you are deincentivizing purchase of 4 different categories by it. And Otto is more expensive than a heart last I looked.

And as a personal note, stop being so attached to Shadowfail. I get that you want us to run it more hence the higher level of commendations there, but you cannot force people to run unpleasant and painful content over and over... eventually we say to hell with you and DDO. Don't be so short-sighted, okay?

Get to work.
    yes, please make pay2cheat more comfortable, since we pay much money for it.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 12-03-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    yes, please make pay2cheat more comfortable, since we pay much money for it.
    Hush you, if you don't claim it will make them money, you can't persuade them of anything. I'm trying to get them to grasp that they're losing money in their obsession with selling epic hearts... and now you've ruined it all, for shame!

LOL

XP boosts and epic tomes and VIP is pay2cheat? Man, why did I ever give Turbine any money, I guess I should give them zero money as to avoid all these pay2cheat sources. That's what I get for being VIP and pre-ordering stuff. BOO me.
    Toons on Orien:

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I agree. Boost the XP boosters, and then we'll see how bad the grind is. Stop making people LESS interested in buying tomes/pots/boxes/VIP status.
    It's definitely an N-word.

/not signed

I get more that enough XP thankyouverymuch.

Please give me a check box to turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    /not signed

I get more that enough XP thankyouverymuch.

Please give me a check box to turn it off.
    Just curious - did you read beyond the title when you responded? 'cause like everything suggested was about how we get too much XP in relation to other things and stuff ...................................
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    Just curious - did you read beyond the title when you responded? 'cause like everything suggested was about how we get too much XP in relation to other things and stuff ...................................
    Nope. I assumed the devs wouldn't either. Sarcasm as a thread title tends to be overlooked. I'm not really convinced that they really even got the problem with ghost bane.

But mea culpa, if I ran contrary to something that would help the game..

I'd really like the option to turn off XP in a quest. As a VIP it's just nuts how fast you level. You barely have enough time to complete a quest chain without over leveling it. And then you wind up with a weak character with no stuff that you need to run at higher levels.

Now the TRs have the same problem getting certs. Welcome to the club.

1. XP pots - ...
    2. Epic Otto's - ...
    3. VIP - ...
    4. Epic tomes - ...
    XP boosts and epic tomes and VIP is pay2cheat?
    Self-explanatory why you left out otto's boxes in this context, which is apparently the least subtle of all p2w/c options.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

There is already a p2w option for each thing you described, as it was designed that way for a reason.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by morkahn82 View Post
    Self-explanatory why you left out otto's boxes in this context, which is apparently the least subtle of all p2w/c options.
    The reason I left it out is because I have never bought an Otto's box of any kind. I take offence to people saying I'm pay2cheating for being VIP, tomes and XP boosters (VIP because I want to support the game when it doesn't **** me off, tomes cause they came with pre-orders... XP boosters cause I was tired of the gimpiness of one of my experiments and wanted to get to 18 where she really became useful). I cannot take offence for something I have never bought, you see.

So maybe your self-explanatory is not so self-explanatory eh?
    Toons on Orien:

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    There is already a p2w option for each thing you described, as it was designed that way for a reason.
    Chai, you're not delusional enough to think they will reduce valor cost to something more reasonable like 2500? I'd actually be HAPPIER if they just did that cause their push for higher level quests and Shadowfail and grinding or buy hearts is annoying me. I am actually a person that chose to buy hearts even though I had the tokens in order to support the game and cause they felt less cheesy than mana pots and other things that trivialize.

Honestly, they're punishing people that gave them money and making people want to stop giving them money. XP pots, tomes, VIP, epic Otto... all pretty much disincentivized. One would think they'd want to make money and pushing for one item while eliminating the benefits of the others is stupid.

I don't want this game to lose money, I'd like this game to finally have a reason to be at cap. There's nobody that is going to hurry their arse up to 28 by using pots, tomes, VIP or otto cause there is nothing all that exciting once you get there anyway. The thing that is there is an ETR wheel which is supposed to keep people playing and hopefully paying. Being so short-sighted as to eliminate 4 item categories (can we consider VIP an item?) in the hopes people will pony up for a ETR heart is surprisingly dumb even for Turbine.

What it will lead to is people grinding short quests for comms at cap and there's not enough quests so as to not get painfully bored, you cannot compare farming comms at cap or even as you level with leveling 1-20. There's just more quests before 20, and a lot more fun quests anyway sigh. It will maybe lead to a few people paying now but they'll eventually stop... and while they might pay for ONE HEART, is that worth losing that person buying pots, tomes, VIP, otto for that one heart along with all the other people that were never going to buy a heart but now are going to stop buying the other things too?

Turbine doesn't seem to respond to people not playing as much anymore or at all. Turbine does hopefully plan to make money and keep this game alive.

We can all hope they make a sensible decision or we could all be realists and at least make them understand that they need to incentivize those XP items or fail to make money off of them anymore.
    Toons on Orien:

Quote Originally Posted by Rykka View Post
    Nope. I assumed the devs wouldn't either. Sarcasm as a thread title tends to be overlooked. I'm not really convinced that they really even got the problem with ghost bane.

But mea culpa, if I ran contrary to something that would help the game..

I'd really like the option to turn off XP in a quest. As a VIP it's just nuts how fast you level. You barely have enough time to complete a quest chain without over leveling it. And then you wind up with a weak character with no stuff that you need to run at higher levels.

Now the TRs have the same problem getting certs. Welcome to the club.
    My title was not sarcasm . Adding comm boost % to XP pots and tomes and such IS INDEED boosting XP boosters. I'm not suggesting that XP pots give out more % XP or anything.

Seriously... people answer just from reading a title?!?! Just wow. I hope the people in charge of the forums don't do the same thing either, geesh.
    Toons on Orien:

What it will lead to is people grinding short quests for comms at cap and there's not enough quests so as to not get painfully bored, you cannot compare farming comms at cap or even as you level with leveling 1-20.
    I can make a comparison. First, ask why people are doing the ETR. Is it because they are gaining a HUGE advantage over others? Is it because they cannot compete with others in EE content without the EPL’s?

As I see it there is no real advantage to ETR other than preferring to grind epic content over heroic. The PL is as minimal in epic as it is in heroic. So if you like the format and the hamster wheel, pay thru the nose for all I care. Turbine has every right to gouge people that want to ETR and if for some reason you do not like it, don’t do it.

The real question is what comes first. Turbine bringing out a real end game to keep people around or people being lost forever due to Turbine not putting money back into the game. People that keep throwing money at the hamster wheel make this a very easy choice for Turbine.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Get to work.
    All of these sounds like really good suggestions. If you buy something that increases your XP, then having that increase your commendations as well would absolutely make that XP increase purchase more attractive.

Great suggestion!
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I'd like to see the commendations be made less burdensome. Since they're not going to do that, I'd at least like to see them have their P2W purchases make sense. If they're going to make P2W be their primary business strategy, then I'd very much like to see that strategy at least have some appropriate synergy instead of actively thwarting itself.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I'd like to see the commendations be made less burdensome. Since they're not going to do that, I'd at least like to see them have their P2W purchases make sense. If they're going to make P2W be their primary business strategy, then I'd very much like to see that strategy at least have some appropriate synergy instead of actively thwarting itself.
    You put it much more succinct than I, that's pretty much my thought.
    Toons on Orien:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast