Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I flew off the hamster wheel!

Anyone else not playing but still lurk the forums?

If so, what would it take to get you back on the wheel?

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthsarlacc View Post

There is only so much of a repetitive nature I can stand. The game of TR, TR, TR.... Because if you don't, you fall behind in the power curve.

Not the game I signed up for.

I do not forsee them changing this.

More focus on good quality content, and less focus on paying to bypass everything.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    There is only so much of a repetitive nature I can stand. The game of TR, TR, TR.... Because if you don't, you fall behind in the power curve.

How does one "fall behind" the power curve? Is there a race I wasn't aware of? Because if so, my first life Druid gimp build running EE content needs to catch up.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

im abit back on it, id say....stupid sales, gonna have to get some destiny xp now

Same here. One word: CoV.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    How does one "fall behind" the power curve? Is there a race I wasn't aware of? Because if so, my first life Druid gimp build running EE content needs to catch up.
    Furyshot druid FTW.

The race is between how quickly Turbine can develop content and how quickly all purpose to run said content can be mitigated by simply buying it outright. Character power, loot, hearts, XP....
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quality

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    The "haves" can typically do more and better than the "have nots" be it gear, equipment (meaning PC), or skill.

By all means, be boa****l and proud of self ego stroking, it doesn't change the fact of what the game has changed into, and that was my reason that included end results.

edit: oh, that is why "boast ful" got filtered.

stop treating me like a potential drop in the net paycheck and start treating me like a loyal lifelong D&D fan and a gamer. I'm sick of the psychiatric bernays style manipulation and I just want to play dungeons and freaking dragons with a character or two without being led through hoops doing things the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Furyshot druid FTW.

The race is between how quickly Turbine can develop content and how quickly all purpose to run said content can be mitigated by simply buying it outright. Character power, loot, hearts, XP....
    I don't use furyshot, though I did finally get my Fury of the Wild up to level 4. I mainly play in Primal and Shiradi, depending on if I'm doing more casting or more arching. I do some basic TWF stuff, but, I doubt I would even be able to build up the counter to do a Furyshot....
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Absolutely same here.

I just TRed into Bladeforged sorc and... Then I asked myself why?

1. I should farm 12 levels of quest outside of my BB just for favor and some minor exp?

2. What is the point of running back to epic, since there is nothing to do, nothing to achieve except for EPic TR with comms - which is such an insane grind, that I found myself.. not wanna do it.
    Also, right now, I dont feel like I want to spend money on this game, because in the last year or so, pretty much since Druids Deep came out, I am not interested with the game as I was before.

All traps, except for !!2!! became spellwards or beartraps (Since MoTU) - where is the imagination? Where are the diabolical traps we can find on lower levels (this does not include EGH, as that is heroic revamp). Spellward and beartraps are boring after some time. And that time is long passed.

Then there is the brutal HP inflation. If any dev reads this: beating several minutes something, that cannot really hurt me is not fun. Fighting for my life just a few moments or minutes with something that can annihilate me if I do wrong is fun.

Then, ofc, DC inflations and such...

I actually think that the last two nails into the coffin were CoVs and New random loot + stationary end rewards.
    New random loot is much more boring, but extremely powerfull (and made sll but 2 items from FoT obsolete), while new named items are pretty much useless. Add to that Raiders box and there is no raid left to run, except for VoN - hoping for SoS shard. (btw, CG Czekojin!).
    And CoVs... well, epic TR was great idea. Not binding it to challenges even better one. Then someone thought: Lets make the drop rate what it is now and demand 4200 for heart... and the good idea turned into "pay us cash or play DDO like it is your job".

And since I dont see any positive changes to any of these problems, I dont feel like investing real money.

Quote Originally Posted by viktorserak View Post

All traps, except for !!2!! became spellwards or beartraps (Since MoTU) - where is the imagination? Where are the diabolical traps we can find on lower levels (this does not include EGH, as that is heroic revamp). Spellward and beartraps are boring after some time. And that time is long passed.
    What trap is all that good at low levels? You just jump around them and zerg past. At least the spellwards are harder to avoid and mean disarming them one way or another. Eberron traps are a pathetic joke that only hurt and frustrate new players.

Community Member

They've killed the end game which is a pity.

We need :

1. Meaningful loot to aspire to at high levels. The upgradable, epic weapons at level 20 are cool. Giving away the only good top tier named weapons to every Tom, **** and Harry with the raid boxes was a bad idea.
    2. Quality of quests. There has been a distinct drop in the quality of quests of late in terms of creativity and variety. Something like CiTW is creatively barren compared to VoN 5 and 6. We need to see a few good end game raids with really nice loot.

Well with ED's a lot of builds and play styles can do pretty good without a whole ton of past lives or triple completionist, but I get what you mean ................what else is there to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    More focus on good quality content, and less focus on paying to bypass everything.
    yeah well too bad because the paying to bypass seems to be the basket that they have put most of their eggs in, new to the DDO store, stones of Epic XP .

Cheer up! Check out your p2w options in ddo store. There you can level and TR and tune your power curve without spending time.

2006 - vip, 2009 - f2p, 2012 - p2w, 2015 - rip.
    Last edited by morkahn82; 12-03-2013 at 05:29 AM.
    ~~~ ~ ~~~ turning each thread into a p2w discussion since 2012 ~~~ ~ ~~~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Ghoul View Post
    What trap is all that good at low levels? You just jump around them and zerg past. At least the spellwards are harder to avoid and mean disarming them one way or another. Eberron traps are a pathetic joke that only hurt and frustrate new players.
    Hey Ghoul

I was talking about imagination while designing traps - and from my perspective as a player, floating magic balls and beartraps are not imaginative if they are the exclusive kind of trap in last 5 chains.
    My favorite traps in heroic:

10. Trapped corridors in The Tide Turns - while perfectly avoidable, they demand concentration to do so. Or Rogue. Giving them 10th position because they used to be mmuch more fun, when it was possible to use them against mobs.
    9. Basically entire Spire of Validus (And the dead shall rise..) Be it the falling floor in boss fight, be it jets propeling you on blades, be it jets throwing you on the bottom.
    8. The Blade traps in Wiz King, that pop behind you AND in front of you and start closing in. If you dont expect them, this is kinda panic moment.
    7. The acid spray protected chest in one of the lowbie quest in Harbor (Durk?). This is actually not THAT awesome, but it is the choice of my heart - I saw SO MANY new people (including myself and my best gaming buddy) to die a horrible death on that chest without any chance of retrieval, that I will never forget it. And its really cool.
    6. Trapped Corridor in Bring Me the Head of Ghola Fan! Is fun. well, as long as you have evasion and decent DPS on the end,
    5. Bounty Hunetr optional chest - I am not aware of any way to disarm that trap behind the waterfall, but it kills with ease. Like it.
    4. No sure which Tomb (as I dont remember them by name), but in the ice tomb in necropolis, there is opt chest, which you can open... and if you do, it will trap you in a small room with icejets spraying you. It is survivable, if you dont panic ofc... and its brilliant.
    3. Puzzle Trap in Monastery of the Scorpion - there is simply something diabolical about spikes right under water, ceiling that will bounce you back into them and gelatinous cube in the middle of it all. Love it.
    2. Secret door in Foundation of Discord - Hey guys, I found secret door! There must be treasure inside! You manage to dodge the first blades? Well, if you dodged them instinctively, then you are prolly standing in the spot from which, the second blades will sprung. Excellent.
    1. Stairs of death in Cursed Crypt - Archers on top, blades in the middle and before you reach top, you get hit with grease. Awesome *** moment for new ppl. You can also add the second trap from necropolis that work the same way here.

Now, these were just the traps I came up with from the top of my head, without really thinking about them. I am sure that if I would invest 15 minutes into thinking about Ebberon traps or opening wiki, I would post much more. Actually remembered two more (and wrote them down) as I typed this sentence.

I also havent put in these on my list, as they are halpf traps, half enviromental effetcs, bvbut they are 100% awesome:

Spies in the house (entire quest - it is a pain, but actually fun),
    Crucible agility test and underwater swim.

Community Member

viktorserak I'm with you. The older quests were just more interesting.

5 raids at cap with relevant gear, with no way to bypass the raid timer (besides waiting 3 days). That would keep me playing for at least a year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast